ERD for Syncros Big Box mtn rim?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by David Ornee, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. David Ornee

    David Ornee Guest

    I need the ERD for Syncros Big Box MTB rims. I can't find it on Rinard's chart. I will measure it
    with my method, but it would be great to have known tested value.

    David Ornee, Western Springs, IL

    Tags:

  2. Dianne_1234

    Dianne_1234 Guest

    No worries if it's not listed. Actual measurements are even better than a listing. I've found rims
    can vary. I've measured differences up to 5mm (!).

    Measuring ERD is easy. I use two 250mm spokes. I thread them into opposite holes (with the nipples
    engaged just right), then measure from one spoke to the other (hook to hook) with calipers.

    ERD = 250+250+ measurement. That math's easy to do in my head :)

    I check at more than three pairs of opposing holes, and I often average several measurements. I've
    found some rims are ovals, but some are squares and others are triangles, etc. Of course they're all
    round when the wheel's done :).

    news:<[email protected]>...