ERD for Syncros Big Box mtn rim?

David Ornee

Guest
I need the ERD for Syncros Big Box MTB rims. I can't find it on Rinard's chart. I will measure it
with my method, but it would be great to have known tested value.

David Ornee, Western Springs, IL

No worries if it's not listed. Actual measurements are even better than a listing. I've found rims
can vary. I've measured differences up to 5mm (!).

Measuring ERD is easy. I use two 250mm spokes. I thread them into opposite holes (with the nipples
engaged just right), then measure from one spoke to the other (hook to hook) with calipers.

ERD = 250+250+ measurement. That math's easy to do in my head :)

I check at more than three pairs of opposing holes, and I often average several measurements. I've
found some rims are ovals, but some are squares and others are triangles, etc. Of course they're all
round when the wheel's done :).

news:<[email protected]>...