Ergo Brain

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Kerouac, May 13, 2003.

  1. Kerouac

    Kerouac Guest

    Hi! I just bought a used Campagnolo ErgoBrain and I wanted to re-initalize the unit and especially
    the total odometer and putting it to zero. After removing the battery and do all the needed
    configuration, the odometer wasn't reseting to zero. I verfied with my bicycle shop amd they told me
    that the ergo brain will always keep the total distance on the odometer even if you remove the
    battery and reconfigure the whole thing. I jst wanted to find out if someone tried the same time and
    came up with the same conclusion. Thanks for your help!

    Tags:

  2. -Lsq Dhs ]

    -Lsq Dhs ] Guest

    Yup, same situation...and you can't manually program the odometer, either. Guess Campy wants to keep
    their users honest.

    Apart from that, I think you'll enjoy the ErgoBrain. I'm about to start using mine again after 6
    months off using a Specialized SpeedZone Pro. The latter is nice, but just doesn't have the
    functionality of the EB...nor does the EB reset itself if you bump it. ;)

    "Kerouac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi! I just bought a used Campagnolo ErgoBrain and I wanted to re-initalize the unit and especially
    > the total odometer and putting it to zero. After removing the battery and do all the needed
    > configuration, the odometer wasn't reseting to zero. I verfied with my bicycle shop amd they told
    > me that the ergo brain will always keep the total distance on the odometer even if you remove the
    > battery and reconfigure the whole thing. I jst wanted to find out if someone tried the same time
    > and came up with the same conclusion. Thanks for your help!

  3. Mark Lee

    Mark Lee Guest

    "Kerouac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi! I just bought a used Campagnolo ErgoBrain and I wanted to re-initalize the unit and especially
    > the total odometer and putting it to zero. After removing the battery and do all the needed
    > configuration, the odometer wasn't reseting to zero. I verfied with my bicycle shop amd they told
    > me that the ergo brain will always keep the total distance on the odometer even if you remove the
    > battery and reconfigure the whole thing. I jst wanted to find out if someone tried the same time
    > and came up with the same conclusion. Thanks for your help!

    Mine zeroed when the battery went flat! Mark Lee