Ergobrains

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Geoff Bowles, Apr 14, 2003.

  1. Geoff Bowles

    Geoff Bowles Guest

    Now that some shops are selling the 9-speed versions at sensible prices, are they any good?

    Tags:

  2. In message <[email protected]>, Geoff Bowles
    <[email protected]> writes
    >Now that some shops are selling the 9-speed versions at sensible prices, are they any good?

    What do you call a sensible price? There are mixed reviews of the Ergobrain 10 on
    www.roadbikereview.com.
    --
    Michael MacClancy

  3. Call Me Bob

    Call Me Bob Guest

    On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 19:50:45 +0100, "Geoff Bowles" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Now that some shops are selling the 9-speed versions at sensible prices, are they any good?

    I'm interested in opinions on the current 10sp models myself. The reviews I have read on the
    original Ergobrain gave the impression that it could be a bit flakey - dodgy readings, confused gear
    displays etc
    - and I was wondering if the latest incarnation is reliable?

    It's a lot of money for a computer, innit?

    Bob

  4. Geoff Bowles

    Geoff Bowles Guest

    I'm in the process of buying a Bianchi with 9speed campag Veloce, and noticed from adverts that the
    usual price for an Ergobrain is nearly 80 quid.

    A couple of weeks ago I saw the 9speed model on mail order for 45 quid, so snapped it up, but I have
    yet to install it

    "Michael MacClancy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In message <[email protected]>, Geoff Bowles
    > <[email protected]> writes
    > >Now that some shops are selling the 9-speed versions at sensible prices,
    are
    > >they any good?
    > >

    > What do you call a sensible price? There are mixed reviews of the Ergobrain 10 on
    > www.roadbikereview.com.
    > --
    > Michael MacClancy

  5. Panda

    Panda Guest

    i have one and i like it, been without problems.

    panda

    news:p[email protected]...