ergomo - Innovative Triathlon Product of the Year

Discussion in 'Power Training' started by ergomo, Mar 24, 2008.

1. ergomo

ergomo New Member

Hello All,

ergomo was elected by the readers of the most famous english triathlon magazine "220 Triathlon" as " Innovative Triathlon Product of the Year "

We are very proud as more and more consumers see us and make us the leader in the market of sophisticated bicycle computers.

Thank you!

Tags:

2. JTE83

JTE83 Member

Ergomo Sucks Big Time! I Bought Your Ergomo And In 9 Months The Computer Went Bad And Then Ergomo Never Responded To My Requests For A Warranty Repair! They Ignored My Emails 4 Times!

I Would Rather Blast Every Bike Web Forum About How Bad Ergomo Support Is And That Your Head Units Are Unreliable! - And Maybe I Will Do This And Hope No One Buys From You!

3. Steve_B

Steve_B New Member

OK, so tell us what you really think. No beating around the bush this time. Out with it. ;):)

4. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

I almost bought one, to use with the Power Cranks (not the SRM but the independant 'make you suffer a thousand deaths' cranks) but a co-worker had one with issues and the US distributor at the time basically told him to f*ck off. A week or so later they'd folded.

On paper they look great - and being bottom bracket based and thus allowing for different cranks and wheels it's ideal.... but if it don't work then I'd rather shell out the $300 and get the slightly less than accurate power module for my CS600 and have the great Polar support if needed.

5. JTE83

JTE83 Member

I told the truth. My computer went bad and ergomo just ignored my requests for warranty repair / support. Now I don't ride my Cervelo because of it. Maybe I gotta go down to a Polar. Ergomo support does not help you if your computer goes bad.

6. Speedskater

Speedskater New Member

Ergomo Germany or their former US distributor?

7. JTE83

JTE83 Member

I tried contacting http://www.whyergomo.com/ in Feb 08.

See - http://www.cyclingforums.com/t450775.html

Ergomo Germany put down their website, last I looked. Maybe they're trying to get out of helping people with bad computers. They just don't download ride data!

8. tmctguer

tmctguer New Member

ditto for unresolved complaints. i just wrote letters to request that I get my unit repaired.

in retrospect, I wish I would have either purchased a Powertap, or shelled out another $1,600 and went with an SRM.

9. Alex Simmons

Alex Simmons Member

What would be the issue with riding PCs then having a PM that measured the power from the one (left) leg only?

10. JTE83

JTE83 Member

If you ride a Polar Power meter it will tell you your L - R balance. Mine is about 50 / 50 so the ergomo is good for me.

Ergomo computers cost $700. They should repair defective ones for about $100 so people will be satisfied with their support. I'm talking about the ones that don't download data.

The President of ergomo made this thread, but he is such a big tool not responding to his product support issues. If he doesn't fix his support, I hope his company goes down. It would be better just to get a Polar Powermeter, CS600 or the old wired one.

11. tmctguer

tmctguer New Member

I have received a reply to my letter sent to Ergomo in Germany. They are working with MultiFit to resolve my lost bottom bracket. i will keep my fingers crossed and let everyone know when/if they solve my problem.

12. tmctguer

tmctguer New Member

unfortunately, it has been 3 weeks and still no new Ergomo as promised. i wrote another letter to the President of Ergomo and the US distributor asking for resolution. Someday, i hope this gets resolved.

13. Steve_B

Steve_B New Member

You know, I wonder if that post was real. It might just be a plant by someone who hates ergomo to start a discussion along the lines of the way this has been going.

14. Alex Simmons

Alex Simmons Member

send a PM and see if you get a response