Ergomo News (firmware + software)

Speedskater

Nov 23, 2006
There is a new firmware in the download section. Changes are not listed in the changelog but according to Ergomo they are:

-Interval mode can directly accessed by holding the lower key while the watch is running
-Smoothing can be reduced to 0
-Smoothing in display settings does not affect stored data
-Heart rate in not smoothed but shown onr to one
-Temperature is stored together with offset
-Altitude in 0,2 m increments
-Unrealistic performance peaks after rolling and bachward pedaling are excluded
-Altitude is only accumulated when watch is running

There will also be a software release soon. It will be called ErgoRacer 3.0 and will nut be based on WKO+ but developed by ergomo themselves.

Speedskater said:
There will also be a software release soon. It will be called ErgoRacer 3.0 and will nut be based on WKO+ but developed by ergomo themselves.

This is going to be interesting....

Hmmmn, I wonder why they still persist in not showing distance on the main display - when racing this is about the only thing of interest!

Bruce Diesel said:
Hmmmn, I wonder why they still persist in not showing distance on the main display - when racing this is about the only thing of interest!
Here in Germany we mainly race on 3-15 km circuits so it´s easy to figure out how far to go.

Speedskater said:
Here in Germany we mainly race on 3-15 km circuits so it´s easy to figure out how far to go.
I guess that is good enough if you only expect to sell it to people who will only do circuit courses...

Speedskater said:
I can't imagine how this can work out well. I'll be interested to see what they offer, but I very much doubt that I will abandon WKO+ in favor of some new software.

Bruce Diesel said:
Okay, this is even newer firmware than the OP. Very nice functionality this, but then the Ergomo CPU has always had the best functionality of all the PM's IMO.
It´s no new firmware but an external program able to change the display settings. In the German version of the page they state the software will be available next Monday.

Bruce Diesel said:
It now shows distance and time at the bottom of the screen.

Speedskater said:
The new Ergoracer 3 software will be downloadable for free on Friday.

Is Ergoracer 3.0 out? I do not see a link to download it at Ergomo.net. If it is out, has anyone downloaded it? What does it do vs. Cyclingpeaks wko+?

bushido5 said:
Is Ergoracer 3.0 out? I do not see a link to download it at Ergomo.net. If it is out, has anyone downloaded it? What does it do vs. Cyclingpeaks wko+?
I too noticed that the 3.0 release has for the time being gone underground. Until it resurfaces the beta version found at the link below at Planet X has enough interesting featuers/attributes (fast download time, communication with the Ergomo computer for changing settings , ":summary sections", ride comparisons) to at least make it worth looking at:
http://www.planet-x-bikes.com/triathlon/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=343

bushido5 said:
Hey,
it is not on the website, but you can email them and they will email it to you if you want it...
write to [email protected]

Cheers,

bushido5 said:
Doesn't do much. Shows a graph and some lines. A pretty feeble attempt at software, don't know why they even attempted it. Doesn't even hold a candle to CyclingPeaks WKO+, but that was expected.....

I did see TSS/NP/IF in there. I am guessing they licensed that from CyclingPeaks guys, or hope so.

Oh BTW if you guys haven't figured out yet, NGART is the sneaky owner of the company- Matthias GARTner. Search for his posts on this forum.. pretty obvious after you know it.

BE

Bob Edberry said:
Oh BTW if you guys haven't figured out yet, NGART is the sneaky owner of the company- Matthias GARTner. Search for his posts on this forum.. pretty obvious after you know it.
In defense of Matthias, "Ergoman" was already taken. :)

Bob Edberry said:

Yer freakin' kidding me! No, I hadn't caught that. I just looked at his posts and, yeah, it sure is suspicious. What I found really slimy was that he's not only astroturting ("i love my ergomo, they did such a good job!" They?) but he's also bashing competitor's products (iBike). Wow.

Bob Edberry said:
Doesn't do much. Shows a graph and some lines. A pretty feeble attempt at software, don't know why they even attempted it. Doesn't even hold a candle to CyclingPeaks WKO+, but that was expected.....

I did see TSS/NP/IF in there. I am guessing they licensed that from CyclingPeaks guys, or hope so.

BE
My dear Bob Edberry, or should I call you rather detective?

That is funny - thank you for your compliment - I wish I was.
You can call me and well talk. BTW I am female AND I ride with ergomo since the beginning. If you have issues with ergomo fans - well you´ve got a problem - I think everybody can choose their own favorite PM - thanks god we live in a free world.

And if you have questions about the ergomo give me a CALL - I know a lot about it. Questions left?

Cheers, NO SWEAT and have a great day.

PS: NGART stands for "NothinG but ART" and is my screenname.