Ergomo Pro - Offset clarification

pelotoncamden

Dec 4, 2006
Just got an Ergomo Pro and I need clarification on the offset process. As described in the manual, I try performing the offset procedure before every ride but keep getting an adjustment error after each offset attempt. I set the bike up in my trainer with no resistance on the rear wheel with the chain in the large ring and small rear cog as suggested in the manual and turn the right pedal by hand. No matter what I do, I can't get an adjustment OK result even after re-doing the process 10+ times.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it necessary to perform the offset everytime or am I getting an adjustment error because there is no need for adjustment?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks - Scott

I could hardly ever get an offset without the error message until I reinstalled the bottom bracket with wires @ nine o'clock- Now I seldom ever get the offset error message. Changing the wire position also brought my power readings into a closer and more consistent reading with my Powertap. Thanks go to Rick Straus for this tip.

Scott (Green Bay,Wisconsin)

pascalhayes said:
I could hardly ever get an offset without the error message until I reinstalled the bottom bracket with wires @ nine o'clock-
You definitely want the Ergomo wires in the window from about 250 to 340 degrees shown in the manual, mine also comes in around 270 degrees (nine oclock) when torqued down with all three shims. Other than that I've found it helps to have the bike fairly high like in a workstand vs on a trainer because it's hard not to jitter and pulse the drivetrain while trying to smoothly spin the cranks at 50 to 70 rpm. I can do it on a trainer with no resistance but it takes more concentration to avoid a jerky spin and an offset error when I've got to kneel down low to spin the cranks.

-Dave

A smooth (when i jerked i got error) 50 to 70 rpm on a work stand works best for me and did away with the error message

pelotoncamden said:
Just got an Ergomo Pro and I need clarification on the offset process. As described in the manual, I try performing the offset procedure before every ride but keep getting an adjustment error after each offset attempt. I set the bike up in my trainer with no resistance on the rear wheel with the chain in the large ring and small rear cog as suggested in the manual and turn the right pedal by hand. No matter what I do, I can't get an adjustment OK result even after re-doing the process 10+ times.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it necessary to perform the offset everytime or am I getting an adjustment error because there is no need for adjustment?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks - Scott