Ergomo Pro

brian friend

Sep 5, 2004
I wasnt sure if this should go in the tech section or not.

I have an ergopro power meter with version 2.0 ergoracer software. Everything has been working fine for the last 1 1/2 years. Then all of a suddent the computer would no longer read the meter. When attempting to download files it would say "connect your powermeter and try again"

After eliminating several things that could go wrong. i.e. Bad cable, non functioning usb port, broken ergo computer head I finally reinstalled the usb software and it fixed the problem for a couple of days. Then it happened again, so i reinstalled it again and it fixed the probelm again. But now it failed again and the reinstall does not fix the problem.

any ideas?

Brian Friend

When did you buy this ergomo pro? In the last few months?

The ergomo pro computer is notorious for failing like this - no more downloads. Happened to me, and I posted past threads about getting service. Search my past threads.

Now I hate my ergomo, might ebay it, and get a Polar CS600 Pro Team version w/ powermeter.

Ergome had such bad computer problem the original US Distributor dropped it and another one picked it up. I don't know how good the new service is. But when I tried contacting the ergomo distributor for help, my emails were ignored.

JTE83 said:
When did you buy this ergomo pro? In the last few months?

The ergomo pro computer is notorious for failing like this - no more downloads. Happened to me, and I posted past threads about getting service. Search my past threads.

Now I hate my ergomo, might ebay it, and get a Polar CS600 Pro Team version w/ powermeter.

Ergome had such bad computer problem the original US Distributor dropped it and another one picked it up. I don't know how good the new service is. But when I tried contacting the ergomo distributor for help, my emails were ignored.
Did you ever find a solution?

Brian Friend

I never fixed my ergomo yet, as I have 5 other road bikes with Polar Powermeters. The ergomo is on my best racing bike, a 2006 CF Cervelo Soloist Team with Zipp 404s - but I generally don't train and can't ride this everywhere in Houston [might get jumped]. So my main bike is a decked out Trek 2.1 SPA with panniers and a Polar Powermeter for travel shopping long distance workoiuts.

My last contact with ergomo - they said update and flash your ergomo with the latest software to see if it fixes that.

JTE83 said:
I never fixed my ergomo yet, as I have 5 other road bikes with Polar Powermeters. The ergomo is on my best racing bike, a 2006 CF Cervelo Soloist Team with Zipp 404s - but I generally don't train and can't ride this everywhere in Houston [might get jumped]. So my main bike is a decked out Trek 2.1 SPA with panniers and a Polar Powermeter for travel shopping long distance workoiuts.

My last contact with ergomo - they said update and flash your ergomo with the latest software to see if it fixes that.
Wow! This have been very frustrating. I have used this for that last 1 1/2 years with no problems untill recently.

Has anyone EVER been able to fix these things? I have downloaded usb updates and still no luck.
Brian Friend

Download and flash your ergomo with the latest software and tell me if that worked.

Wonder were the download link is though.

JTE83 said:
Download and flash your ergomo with the latest software and tell me if that worked.

Wonder were the download link is though.
I just downloaded the usb update file. No luck, it still does not read my usb port. Doesn't even know it is connected.

I confirmed that the usb port is functional....tested an mp3 player with no proble.

Brian Friend

By download updates I was talking about both - the usb driver and the update flash for the ergomo pro computer.

Ergomo contact back in Feb told me to update flash the computer but I never did that yet. I wonder if it's still the same ergomo USA distributor contact now.

If you are interested in selling your Ergomo, email me at [email protected].

JTE83 said:

tmctguer said:
If you are interested in selling your Ergomo, email me at [email protected].

What's your offer on a system, no ergoracer software, 1 ISIS bb, and a computer head that works except for no data download but everything else works. I didn't ride my Cervelo Soloist CF much so it didn't go through many charge cycles.

JTE83 said:
What's your offer on a system, no ergoracer software, 1 ISIS bb, and a computer head that works except for no data download but everything else works. I didn't ride my Cervelo Soloist CF much so it didn't go through many charge cycles.

sorry, but i just purchased a used head. i have what i need.