Err no ..

elyob

Guest
I don't think I'll bother going out for a pleasurable ride today ....

<lets the ducks out to play>

elyob wrote:
> I don't think I'll bother going out for a pleasurable ride today ....
>
> <lets the ducks out to play>

It's fine down here. (South Hants). Been out for a ride round the block
this morning.

"Al C-F" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> elyob wrote:
>> I don't think I'll bother going out for a pleasurable ride today ....
>>
>> <lets the ducks out to play>

> It's fine down here. (South Hants). Been out for a ride round the block
> this morning.

I managed to get some tennis in earlier (S.London), although there was
intermittent drizzle. Walking home, it chucked it down. I was soaked.
Anyway, got a couple of quid on the boat race, so that'll keep me out of
trouble, then have to find some lunch. I'm starved.

"elyob" <[email protected]> of homechoice.co.uk wrote:

>I don't think I'll bother going out for a pleasurable ride today ....
>
><lets the ducks out to play>

Lulled into a false sense of security by an on off drizzly morning I set out
in a dry spell to meet Audrey at Chorlton Water Park. Half way to the
meeting point there was a five minute downpour, but it had eased off so we
set out for a ride. Had a nice half hour tootling to the park and then
along the Fallowfield Loop in just a bit of drizzle. At the missing bit of
path after a confab we agreed to do a bit further along the Loop then turn
round and come back. However after a 5 minute double back trying to find a
road sign for some broken down motorists (nobly resisting the temptation to
tell them they should have been on a bike), then waiting to cross the road
by Sainsburys the rain set in good and proper. So at the back of
Sainsbury's car park we agreed it was decidedly too cold and miserable, so
gave up and went home.

Not the rainiest ride I've ever done, but the nice warm bath was jolly
welcome even after only 8 and a bit miles.
--
Steph Peters
Chorlton Wanderers Cycling Group

elyob wrote:
> I don't think I'll bother going out for a pleasurable ride today ....
>
> <lets the ducks out to play>

STILL jet lagged after holiday so didnt go out. Must ride the bike
tomorrow. Weather was fine today, Brighton.

Stan Cox

elyob wrote:

>"Al C-F" <[email protected]> wrote in
>message news:[email protected]...
>> elyob wrote:
>>> I don't think I'll bother going out for a pleasurable ride today ....
>>>
>>> <lets the ducks out to play>

>> It's fine down here. (South Hants). Been out for a ride round the block
>> this morning.

>I managed to get some tennis in earlier (S.London), although there was
>intermittent drizzle. Walking home, it chucked it down. I was soaked.

Riding home after a long lunch in W1 I first stood under an awning for
five minutes in the hope that the shower would pass. It seemed to,
then I carried on along New Cavendish Street, whereupon it belted
down. Result - Rohan Uplanders absolutely soaked in about one minute,
upper half protected by Altura Nevis but I foolishly left my gloves at
home this morning so I had cold hands. A wet ride through Hyde Park
and Victoria but by the time I got to Vauxhall Bridge I was drying out
and by the time I was home I didn't even bother to change.

elyob wrote:
> I don't think I'll bother going out for a pleasurable ride today ....
>
> <lets the ducks out to play>

Been lovely here. But I fear no ride: I was otherwise occupied.

Yesterday took a slight risk and went out without any cold- or
wet-weather gear, even in a pannier. Got away with it, too:)

--
not me guv

elyob wrote:

> I don't think I'll bother going out for a pleasurable ride today ....
>
> <lets the ducks out to play>

Hadn't touched the bike properly for 2 weeks, for various reasons, so
threw caution to the wind and went out for 2 hours anyway around Otley
and Wharfedale. Got drenched, predictably....

David Belcher

elyob wrote:
> I don't think I'll bother going out for a pleasurable ride today ....
>
> <lets the ducks out to play>

Rode home from Oxford after Saturday's "The Dean" 300. Got damp a
couple of times and very damp once, but it was excellent drying weather
between the showers. Collected 3rd puncture of weekend just after
Beaconsfield. My last ever Ultra GatorSkin seems to be falling apart.
Found a bit of cardboard by the side of the road to use as a tyre boot.
It got me home.

--
Dave...