Errors in Polar Performance Software readings

SniperX

Jan 29, 2003
currently using the 710i with the PPP software.. seems that the exercise readings on the watch and after its transferred over to the program is slightly different( e.g avg speed. 25 on watch 25.5 after being transfered to software... distance... HR... n other readings ) ? Is this normal ?

Yeah there is a slight discrepancy.

The reason for it is because the watch was there to record and calculate the stats in real-time, but the PPP software can only go by the data that was recorded at the 5 second intervals.

hmmm ic so in other words theres 2 (one external and one internal ) readings being made huh

I had quite big discrepencies when recording rate was 60sec. I also had a file that downloaded incomplete (ie duration on watych was greater than on computer) I downloaded the same file about 5 days later, and 'presto', it was all there! go figure

My combination of Polar S710 with Polar Precision Performance Software version 3.03.014 incorrectly calculates the Pace in minutes/mile. If you take push the red lap button on the watch during an exercise and then later hover the cursor over the numbered lap digits at the bottom of the HR/Altitude/Speed Curve, you will see the following info pop up in a new small window:

Continuous Time (hh:mm:ss)
Lap Time (hh:mm:ss)
Pace (min/mile)
HR instantaneous (bpm)
HR average (bpm)
Speed average (mph)
Distance (miles)
and more

The Pace is not calculated correctly. If you divide the Continuous Time (or the Lap Time) by the Distance miles, you will not get the given Pace (min/mile). The Speed average seems to be calculated correctly. I have emailed Polar a bug report of the problem. They responded by asking for me to send them my data file which I did, and I have never heard back from them. Polar doesn't seem to be interested in fixing this bug in their sofware.

Oh well, I like the unit quite well otherwise. Although the buttons on the receiver seem to leak water and don't always operate well any more. Also, it would be nice to have harder plastic face or even a crystal glass face while their at it to prevent all the scratches which make it hard to read.

--
DancesOnPedals

I used to have this problem but it seems to have been corrected in the the latest update of the software 4.00.022 which you can download from www.polar.fi

drob