Especially for Penny

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Sorni, Apr 30, 2003.

  1. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    In observance of National Recycled Humor Day (tm), here's another one:

    "Why Computers Sometimes Crash", by Dr. Seuss. {Be sure and read it out loud for extra silliness :}

    If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port, and the bus is interrupted at a very last resort,
    and the access of the memory makes your floppy disk abort, then the socket packet pocket has an
    error to report.

    If your cursor finds a menu item followed by a dash, and the double-clicking icon puts your window
    in the trash, and your data is corrupted cause the index doesn't hash, then your situation's
    hopeless and your system's gonna crash!

    If the label on the cable on the table at your house, says the network is connected to the button
    on your mouse, but your packets want to tunnel to another protocol, that's repeatedly rejected by
    the printer down the hall.

    And your screen is all distorted by the side effects of gauss, so your
    icons in the window are as wavy as a souse; then you may as well reboot
    and go out with a bang, 'cuz sure as I'm a poet, the sucker's gonna hang.

    When the copy on your floppy's getting sloppy in the disk, and the macro code instructions is
    causing unnecessary risk, then you'll have to flash the memory and you'll want to RAM your ROM, and
    then quickly turn off the computer and be sure to tell your Mom!

    Tags:

  2. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Sorni wrote:
    > In observance of National Recycled Humor Day (tm), here's another one:

    WANTED FOR ATTEMPTED MURDER (the actual AP headline) Linda Burnett, 23, a resident of San Diego,
    was visiting her inlaws, and while there went to a nearby supermarket to pick up some groceries.
    Several people noticed her sitting in her car with the windows rolled up and with her eyes closed,
    with both hands behind the back of her head. One customer who had been at the store for a while
    became concerned and walked over to the car. He noticed that Linda's eyes were now open, and she
    looked very strange. He asked her if she was okay, and Linda replied that she'd been shot in the
    back of the head, and had been holding her brains in for over an hour. The man called the
    paramedics, who broke into the car because the doors were locked and Linda refused to remove her
    hands from her head. When they finally got in, they found that Linda had a wad of bread dough on
    the back of her head. A Pillsbury biscuit canister had exploded from the heat, making a loud noise
    that sounded like a gunshot, and the wad of dough hit her in the back of her head. When she reached
    back to find out what it was, she felt the dough and thought it was her brains. She initially
    passed out, but quickly recovered and tried to hold her brains in for over an hour until someone
    noticed and came to her aid. And, yes, Linda is a blonde.

  3. John G

    John G Guest

    Penny S. wrote:
    > Sorni wrote:
    >
    >>In observance of National Recycled Humor Day (tm), here's another one:
    >>

    > WANTED FOR ATTEMPTED MURDER (the actual AP headline) Linda Burnett, 23, a resident of San Diego,
    > was visiting her inlaws,

    BZZZT..... http://www.snopes.com/crime/safety/biscuit.htm

  4. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    John G wrote:
    > Penny S. wrote:
    >> Sorni wrote:
    >>
    >>> In observance of National Recycled Humor Day (tm), here's another one:
    >>>

    >> WANTED FOR ATTEMPTED MURDER (the actual AP headline) Linda
    >> Burnett, 23, a resident of San Diego, was visiting her inlaws,
    >

    > BZZZT..... http://www.snopes.com/crime/safety/biscuit.htm

    Duuude... why do you think it's posted under the recycled humor thread....<sigh>....I know it's a
    frickin' joke...<sigh>....

    penny

  5. Gary In Va

    Gary In Va Guest

    > John G wrote:
    > > Penny S. wrote:

    > >> WANTED FOR ATTEMPTED MURDER (the actual AP headline) Linda
    > >> Burnett, 23, a resident of San Diego, was visiting her inlaws,
    > >

    > > BZZZT..... http://www.snopes.com/crime/safety/biscuit.htm
    >
    > Duuude... why do you think it's posted under the recycled humor thread....<sigh>....I know it's a
    > frickin' joke...<sigh>....
    >
    > penny

    I saw this tested on a show about urban legends. You can get a can of biscuits to explode but it
    needs to be over 140F for about 20 minutes in the car.

    Gary in VA