ESPN X Games Skatepark Group Ride

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by HardcoreCokerRider, Feb 23, 2005.

  1. Being that various posts regarding our planned group ride at the ESPN X
    Games skatepark in Philly are in several non-related threads ("Rolling
    Trials Competition Results", "SWAT Sponsored by Arrow Racing!")... I
    figured it would be a good idea to consolidate future posts to a single
    dedicated thread.

    The members of SWAT, Brian MacKenzie, and myself are planning a group
    ride at the ESPN X Games skatepark in Philly sometime in March (we still
    have to finalize a date, but Obie can only make it during mid-march and
    Brian can only make it the last weekend of March). We will rent out the
    whole place so we'll have it all to ourselves. We welcome anyone else
    who wants to join us. The cost is only $25 for 4 hours.

    For more info, check out:

    http://www.xgamesskatepark.com/philly.html


    --
    HardcoreCokerRider - Skateparks, MTB & Urban Insanity
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/38464
     
    Tags:


  2. As I said, I can only be around between March 3 and 13, but if I'm there
    you I will ride. Also note that I will only have 1 unicycle with me, a
    trials most likely.


    --
    TheObieOne3226

    'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
    'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
    'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
    'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

    "Obie is definately a trend setter, I got in to unicycling because of
    him, and came here because of him" - KJ-52

    "try not to annoy the great Obie, for he is better than us." - Murde
    Mental
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TheObieOne3226's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4851
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/38464
     
  3. TheObieOne3226 wrote:
    > *As I said, I can only be around between March 3 and 13, but if I'm
    > there you I will ride. Also note that I will only have 1 unicycle with
    > me, a trials most likely. *

    Even though life is pretty hectic for me lately, I would try my best to
    make it to the park twice if necessary... so that I can have the
    opportunity to ride with you -and- Brian MacKenzie. I will probably
    bring 2 Cokers and maybe even my geared giraffe.




    --
    HardcoreCokerRider - Skateparks, MTB & Urban Insanity
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/38464
     
  4. wogri

    wogri Guest

  5. Just to let it be known...Nick and Joe live in 7 bedroom houses, and my
    house has a 2 free bedrooms, so we could definately provide comfortable
    sleeping locations for anyone who is interested in making a weekend out
    of it.


    --
    TheObieOne3226

    'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
    'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
    'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
    'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

    "Obie is definately a trend setter, I got in to unicycling because of
    him, and came here because of him" - KJ-52

    "try not to annoy the great Obie, for he is better than us." - Murde
    Mental
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TheObieOne3226's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4851
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/38464
     
  6. Any time is fine with me. I would like to ride with Kev again. If
    possible I would like to do both the middle and end of March.


    --
    digitalattrition - 36" Rolling Trials World Champion!

    We will eat Big and his brother Huge for breakfast. We will definitely
    have a solid grip on Extreme.
    --Nick Dijohn

    Main Men: Kevin, Tim, Dijohn, Joe, Jim, Bevan

    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT
    http://singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com
    'Buy stuff from Arrow Racing!' (http://www.arrowracing.com)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    digitalattrition's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6430
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/38464
     
  7. Word. I'm thinking about either the 1st weekend or sometime during that
    week. That's toque time, but I don't think anyone from SWAT is going up.


    --
    TheObieOne3226

    'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
    'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
    'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
    'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

    "Obie is definately a trend setter, I got in to unicycling because of
    him, and came here because of him" - KJ-52

    "try not to annoy the great Obie, for he is better than us." - Murde
    Mental
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TheObieOne3226's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4851
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/38464
     
  8. I definately want to attend. I'm free from March 12-16 just to throw
    that out there.


    --
    hell-on-wheel - 24" Rolling Trials World Champion!

    On the other hand, you have different fingers. - Steven Wright
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    hell-on-wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3425
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/38464
     
  9. no worries, have it that weekend, I'll come some other time


    --
    Brian MacKenzie - LAN Solo

    TRAINING WHEEL NOT REQUIRED:
    '8mb Trailer' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/TWNR_Trailer.wmv)

    Canadian Premiere is at UWO, London Ontario, Feb 27th. Group MUni rides
    planned!

    'Unicycle Product Reviews'
    (http://londonunicyclingclub.ca/unicycleReviews.aspx)
    *120* reviews on *77* products, never make an uninformed purchase again!






    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/38464
     
  10. I just called the X-Games park in order to check on March 12th to rent
    the place out and the woman I spoke to said that the "Birthday Party"
    deal was not an exclusive rental of the facility... so apparently the
    first person I had spoken with a while back was misinformed.

    I did, however, find out that the place is basically EMPTY during the
    morning sessions (10am - 12pm & 12:15pm - 2:15pm) during the week, when
    the kids are in school. Unfortunately... March 12th - the date that
    seemed to work best for the first event - falls on a Saturday when the
    place is packed... and not a very good time to have the event!


    --
    HardcoreCokerRider - Skateparks, MTB & Urban Insanity
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/38464
     
  11. Well, I think it would be fine. We'll just plow through them! :p

    Either that or they will be so scared/interested they will let us have
    the floor for a bit.


    --
    digitalattrition - 36" Rolling Trials World Champion!

    We will eat Big and his brother Huge for breakfast. We will definitely
    have a solid grip on Extreme.
    --Nick Dijohn

    Main Men: Kevin, Tim, Dijohn, Joe, Jim, Bevan

    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT
    http://singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com
    'Buy stuff from Arrow Racing!' (http://www.arrowracing.com)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    digitalattrition's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6430
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/38464
     
  12. digitalattrition wrote:
    > *Well, I think it would be fine. We'll just plow through them! :p
    >
    > Either that or they will be so scared/interested they will let us have
    > the floor for a bit. *


    I'm up for it either way... but the place will most likely be PACKED on
    the weekend! When I was there on a Thursday evening it was quite
    crowded, too. I could do the big straight ramp, the spine jump and the
    tabletop jump a lot, though I had to be real careful about getting in
    people's way and I narrowly avoided a few collisions (mostly on the run
    up for the big straight ramp)... but there were lots of other ramps I
    didn't even try because they were being used extensively by bikers
    and/or skaters.

    The management would definitely prefer that we attend when it is less
    crowded, too... but if Saturday is our only option, then so be it.

    I wanted to nail that line (I attached a picture of in the "Rolling
    Trials Competition Results" thread)... but I know I will need a few
    attempts to get it... and the run-up for that line is almost impossible
    to pull off (without getting in someone's way) when it's crowded. I hope
    with the group of us there, that perhaps we can yeild some control over
    the place and get to do stuff that we want...


    --
    HardcoreCokerRider - Skateparks, MTB & Urban Insanity
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/38464
     
  13. siafirede

    siafirede Guest

  14. Well, what do you say guys? March 11th, 12th, or 13th?


    --
    digitalattrition - 36" Rolling Trials World Champion!

    We will eat Big and his brother Huge for breakfast. We will definitely
    have a solid grip on Extreme.
    --Nick Dijohn

    Main Men: Kevin, Tim, Dijohn, Joe, Jim, Bevan

    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT
    http://singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com
    'Buy stuff from Arrow Racing!' (http://www.arrowracing.com)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    digitalattrition's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6430
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/38464
     
  15. wogri

    wogri Guest

  16. DK

    DK Guest

  17. digitalattrition wrote:
    > *Well, what do you say guys? March 11th, 12th, or 13th? *


    I called the ESPN X Games skatepark again today in order to find out
    which of their weekend sessions were the least crowded.

    I was told that the least crowded weekend sessions are:

    Saturday: 10:00am - 12:00pm
    Saturday: 9:00pm - 11:00pm

    Sunday is more crowded because of the BMX session in the morning (which
    gets real packed because there are only a few BMX sessions held per
    week)... and because they close earlier on Sunday, there are fewer
    sessions left for the skaters.

    Thus, it seems that the morning and/or evening session would be our best
    bet. The evening session would probably work better for me.

    SO WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK... HOW IS:

    SATURDAY, MARCH 12 - 9:00PM - 11:00PM

    Also, what size/type uni's are you guys going to be bringing? And what
    are you most psyched to attempt?




    --
    HardcoreCokerRider - Skateparks, MTB & Urban Insanity
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/38464
     
  18. unicyclepa

    unicyclepa Guest

  19. unicyclepa wrote:
    > *that sounds great me and my uni frends will be there
    > check us out at www.unicyclepa.com *



    Dude wow way late. IM me or something and we'll work out the details.


    --
    TheObieOne3226

    'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
    'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
    'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
    'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

    "Obie is definately a trend setter, I got in to unicycling because of
    him, and came here because of him" - KJ-52

    "try not to annoy the great Obie, for he is better than us." - Murde
    Mental
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TheObieOne3226's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4851
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/38464
     
  20. unicyclepa wrote:
    > *that sounds great me and my uni frends will be there
    > check us out at www.unicyclepa.com *


    AWESOME! With riders from SWAT, Unicycle PA... plus the Virginia
    contingent (Frank Brown, siafirede, and possibly wogri and others)..
    this is going to be an AMAZING EVENT!




    --
    HardcoreCokerRider - Skateparks, MTB & Urban Insanity
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/38464
     
Loading...
Loading...