ESPN X Games Skatepark Group Ride

HardcoreCokerRider

Guest
Being that various posts regarding our planned group ride at the ESPN X
Games skatepark in Philly are in several non-related threads ("Rolling
Trials Competition Results", "SWAT Sponsored by Arrow Racing!")... I
figured it would be a good idea to consolidate future posts to a single
dedicated thread.

The members of SWAT, Brian MacKenzie, and myself are planning a group
ride at the ESPN X Games skatepark in Philly sometime in March (we still
have to finalize a date, but Obie can only make it during mid-march and
Brian can only make it the last weekend of March). We will rent out the
whole place so we'll have it all to ourselves. We welcome anyone else
who wants to join us. The cost is only $25 for 4 hours.

For more info, check out:

http://www.xgamesskatepark.com/philly.html

--
HardcoreCokerRider - Skateparks, MTB & Urban Insanity
HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529

As I said, I can only be around between March 3 and 13, but if I'm there
you I will ride. Also note that I will only have 1 unicycle with me, a
trials most likely.

--
TheObieOne3226

'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

"Obie is definately a trend setter, I got in to unicycling because of
him, and came here because of him" - KJ-52

"try not to annoy the great Obie, for he is better than us." - Murde
Mental

TheObieOne3226 wrote:
> *As I said, I can only be around between March 3 and 13, but if I'm
> there you I will ride. Also note that I will only have 1 unicycle with
> me, a trials most likely. *

Even though life is pretty hectic for me lately, I would try my best to
make it to the park twice if necessary... so that I can have the
opportunity to ride with you -and- Brian MacKenzie. I will probably
bring 2 Cokers and maybe even my geared giraffe.

--
HardcoreCokerRider - Skateparks, MTB & Urban Insanity
HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529

Just to let it be known...Nick and Joe live in 7 bedroom houses, and my
house has a 2 free bedrooms, so we could definately provide comfortable
sleeping locations for anyone who is interested in making a weekend out
of it.

--
TheObieOne3226

'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

"Obie is definately a trend setter, I got in to unicycling because of
him, and came here because of him" - KJ-52

"try not to annoy the great Obie, for he is better than us." - Murde
Mental

Any time is fine with me. I would like to ride with Kev again. If
possible I would like to do both the middle and end of March.

--
digitalattrition - 36" Rolling Trials World Champion!

We will eat Big and his brother Huge for breakfast. We will definitely
have a solid grip on Extreme.
--Nick Dijohn

Main Men: Kevin, Tim, Dijohn, Joe, Jim, Bevan

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT
http://singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com
'Buy stuff from Arrow Racing!' (http://www.arrowracing.com)
digitalattrition's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6430

Word. I'm thinking about either the 1st weekend or sometime during that
week. That's toque time, but I don't think anyone from SWAT is going up.

--
TheObieOne3226

'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

"Obie is definately a trend setter, I got in to unicycling because of
him, and came here because of him" - KJ-52

"try not to annoy the great Obie, for he is better than us." - Murde
Mental

no worries, have it that weekend, I'll come some other time

--
Brian MacKenzie - LAN Solo

TRAINING WHEEL NOT REQUIRED:
'8mb Trailer' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/TWNR_Trailer.wmv)

Canadian Premiere is at UWO, London Ontario, Feb 27th. Group MUni rides
planned!

'Unicycle Product Reviews'
(http://londonunicyclingclub.ca/unicycleReviews.aspx)
*120* reviews on *77* products, never make an uninformed purchase again!

Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

I just called the X-Games park in order to check on March 12th to rent
the place out and the woman I spoke to said that the "Birthday Party"
deal was not an exclusive rental of the facility... so apparently the
first person I had spoken with a while back was misinformed.

I did, however, find out that the place is basically EMPTY during the
morning sessions (10am - 12pm & 12:15pm - 2:15pm) during the week, when
the kids are in school. Unfortunately... March 12th - the date that
seemed to work best for the first event - falls on a Saturday when the
place is packed... and not a very good time to have the event!

--
HardcoreCokerRider - Skateparks, MTB & Urban Insanity
HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529

Well, I think it would be fine. We'll just plow through them! :p

Either that or they will be so scared/interested they will let us have
the floor for a bit.

--

digitalattrition wrote:
> *Well, I think it would be fine. We'll just plow through them! :p
>
> Either that or they will be so scared/interested they will let us have
> the floor for a bit. *

I'm up for it either way... but the place will most likely be PACKED on
the weekend! When I was there on a Thursday evening it was quite
crowded, too. I could do the big straight ramp, the spine jump and the
tabletop jump a lot, though I had to be real careful about getting in
people's way and I narrowly avoided a few collisions (mostly on the run
up for the big straight ramp)... but there were lots of other ramps I
didn't even try because they were being used extensively by bikers
and/or skaters.

The management would definitely prefer that we attend when it is less
crowded, too... but if Saturday is our only option, then so be it.

I wanted to nail that line (I attached a picture of in the "Rolling
Trials Competition Results" thread)... but I know I will need a few
attempts to get it... and the run-up for that line is almost impossible
to pull off (without getting in someone's way) when it's crowded. I hope
with the group of us there, that perhaps we can yeild some control over
the place and get to do stuff that we want...

--
HardcoreCokerRider - Skateparks, MTB & Urban Insanity
HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529

Well, what do you say guys? March 11th, 12th, or 13th?

--

digitalattrition wrote:
> *Well, what do you say guys? March 11th, 12th, or 13th? *

I called the ESPN X Games skatepark again today in order to find out
which of their weekend sessions were the least crowded.

I was told that the least crowded weekend sessions are:

Saturday: 10:00am - 12:00pm
Saturday: 9:00pm - 11:00pm

Sunday is more crowded because of the BMX session in the morning (which
gets real packed because there are only a few BMX sessions held per
week)... and because they close earlier on Sunday, there are fewer
sessions left for the skaters.

Thus, it seems that the morning and/or evening session would be our best
bet. The evening session would probably work better for me.

SO WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK... HOW IS:

SATURDAY, MARCH 12 - 9:00PM - 11:00PM

Also, what size/type uni's are you guys going to be bringing? And what
are you most psyched to attempt?

--

unicyclepa wrote:
> *that sounds great me and my uni frends will be there
> check us out at www.unicyclepa.com *

Dude wow way late. IM me or something and we'll work out the details.

--

unicyclepa wrote:
> *that sounds great me and my uni frends will be there
> check us out at www.unicyclepa.com *

AWESOME! With riders from SWAT, Unicycle PA... plus the Virginia
contingent (Frank Brown, siafirede, and possibly wogri and others)..
this is going to be an AMAZING EVENT!