estimated value - Armstrong posters?

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace' started by [email protected], Nov 27, 2005.

  1. I was contacted recently with an offer to purchase two of the
    collectible posters of Armstrong that I've been holding onto for a few
    years. I have the original '99 and '00 commemorative posters from
    Oakley and I just wanted to gather some informed estimates as to
    current value.

    The last '99 "Impossibility Defeated" poster I sold (before Armstrong's
    retirement) went for $150. Any educated estimates or information about
    where to find reliable estimates would be appreciated!

    Email: [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] wrote:

    > The last '99 "Impossibility Defeated" poster I sold (before Armstrong's
    > retirement) went for $150. Any educated estimates or information about
    > where to find reliable estimates would be appreciated!

    wow...glad I got one framed in '99. It's a very cool poster.

  3. bikeguy11968

    bikeguy11968 Guest

    Hmmm.. let's think about this. I paid 4$ for some TP the other day..
    Since that's all it cost to wipe my ass for a few weeks, I figure an
    oakley poster of the turd is worth about 2$, since it won't last as
    long.

  4. Certainly there are some enthusiasts out there capable of a less
    sophomoric response.

  5. [email protected] wrote:
    > I was contacted recently with an offer to purchase two of the
    > collectible posters of Armstrong that I've been holding onto for a few
    > years. I have the original '99 and '00 commemorative posters from
    > Oakley and I just wanted to gather some informed estimates as to
    > current value.
    >
    > The last '99 "Impossibility Defeated" poster I sold (before Armstrong's
    > retirement) went for $150. Any educated estimates or information about
    > where to find reliable estimates would be appreciated!
    >
    > Email: [email protected]

    Whatever the market will bear. If there is somebody that will pay $150
    for an unsigned LA poster, it is worth that...altho I think the sig
    would make it that valuable, not just the poster. His signature is much
    rarer than say Eddy Merckx, who has never charged for his autograph,
    unlike Lance...