etailer-delivered xmas gear

till!

New Member
Nov 19, 2004
Hiyas,

I just thought Id mention the stunning service recieved from wayne from www.thetouringstore.com. As part of my loot haul, I had a voucher for 1x Ortlieb office bag (large). It was ordered online in aus 31/12, *has a US postmark for the 30/12*, and was delivered by 9:30 today via USPS.

Incidentally Santa's little helper ordered herself an Ortlieb Shuttle, for use with her new Dahon, and that was delivered in the same shipment and looks very spiffy.

Yes, I also got some carbon bling from probikekit this morning as well, but we all ought to know how good they are by now.

Now I just need to get used to getting up in the mornings again!

*sulk*

till

just recieved my new running gear for the pig-commuter

new chainring, cassette, chain w/link and jockey wheels
from torpedo7 (NZ) and all for $9 postage!

just finished fitting and lubeing everything (first ever freehub DIY serve for moi. what are these leftover bits for? :D)

and to top it all off they also threw in a nifty lil repair kit and lever set

Prices were approx 30-40% of what i woulda done locally and the 'real' reason was i got the cassette ratio i was after. admittedly 2 days before xmas wasnt being fair on LBS :rolleyes:

flyingdutch said:
just recieved my new running gear for the pig-commuter

new chainring, cassette, chain w/link and jockey wheels
from torpedo7 (NZ) and all for $9 postage!
Ive never really gotten around to buying from them, perhaps Ill give em a spin sometime.

Here is a snap of the xmas present someone got, its a dahon/ortlieb combo for all you interstate traveling cyclists.

http://tinyurl.com/d4zlb

till

till! <[email protected]> writes:

> Here is a snap of the xmas present someone got, its a dahon/ortlieb
> combo for all you interstate traveling cyclists.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/d4zlb

*jealous*

I love the whole philosophy around folding bikes for multi-modal
transport. If I ever move to a lifestyle that requires frequent travel
by rail or air that's one of the first things that'd be on the shopping list.
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\<,

In aus.bicycle on Sat, 07 Jan 2006 21:33:19 GMT
Euan <[email protected]> wrote:

> I love the whole philosophy around folding bikes for multi-modal
> transport. If I ever move to a lifestyle that requires frequent travel
> by rail or air that's one of the first things that'd be on the shopping list.

How suitable are such small wheeled bikes for more than a km or two?

Seems to me they'd be slowish and a fair bit of work.

I can see they'd be good if you were just looking at a km or two
either side of a rail/plane trip, but then so is one of those scooter
things and it packs up smaller...

Zebee

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
> In aus.bicycle on Sat, 07 Jan 2006 21:33:19 GMT
> Euan <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I love the whole philosophy around folding bikes for multi-modal
>>transport. If I ever move to a lifestyle that requires frequent travel
>>by rail or air that's one of the first things that'd be on the shopping list.

> How suitable are such small wheeled bikes for more than a km or two?
>
> Seems to me they'd be slowish and a fair bit of work.
>
> I can see they'd be good if you were just looking at a km or two
> either side of a rail/plane trip, but then so is one of those scooter
> things and it packs up smaller...
>
> Zebee

Well Bike Fridays are just brilliant. And while maybe a teeny bit heavy
still have won their share of races. They are the real thing and ride
just like a normal bike.

Dave

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
> In aus.bicycle on Sat, 07 Jan 2006 21:33:19 GMT
> Euan <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I love the whole philosophy around folding bikes for multi-modal
>>transport. If I ever move to a lifestyle that requires frequent travel
>>by rail or air that's one of the first things that'd be on the shopping list.

> How suitable are such small wheeled bikes for more than a km or two?

There was a guy in the WA Ironman year before last ( I think) who did it
on a folding bike, so I'm sure he would say they were good for more than
a km or 2.

DaveB

"Zebee Johnstone" wrote in message .

> How suitable are such small wheeled bikes for more than a km or two?

Some friends of mine did the Eastern Creek 12 hour on Birdys (team of 6 doing two or three laps at a time) . One guy rode rode a
folder with very small wheels (maybe 14 or 16 inches) solo - he must of done a couple of hundred kilometres.

> Seems to me they'd be slowish and a fair bit of work.

They were climbing the hills faster than most of the guys riding recumbants & tri-bikes. On the flat and down hills they are much
slower.

> I can see they'd be good if you were just looking at a km or two
> either side of a rail/plane trip, but then so is one of those scooter
> things and it packs up smaller...
>
> Zebee

Parbs

On 08/01/06 at 11:21:38 DaveB somehow managed to type:

<snip>

> > How suitable are such small wheeled bikes for more than a km or two?
> >

> There was a guy in the WA Ironman year before last ( I think) who did
> it on a folding bike, so I'm sure he would say they were good for
> more than a km or 2.

And many Moultons have figured in PBP and other Audax rides...:)

--
Humbug - a happy Moultoneer