Etape - Camping Feasibility

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Citfish, Mar 28, 2003.

  1. Citfish

    Citfish Guest

    I have entered the Etape Du Tour for the first time and am lucky enough to have had my entry
    accepted (Thanks to Ron Cutler and his excellent advise).

    However, I have not given accomodation or logistics any thought whatsover and stupidly did not
    consider the fact that the start and end were 125 miles apart (too many years of Mountain biking
    and loops).

    So, I am wondering whether I am too late to book a place at the finish in a campsite and somehow get
    to the start and stay in a hotel the night before. Or, is it all too late and will I find
    accomodation fully booked ?

    Any advice from veteran (experience not age !) entrants greatly appreciated.

    TIA Dave

    Tags:

  2. Terry

    Terry Guest

    "CitFish phased.co.uk>" <[email protected]<Nooooo spaaammm> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have entered the Etape Du Tour for the first time and am lucky enough to have had my entry
    > accepted (Thanks to Ron Cutler and his excellent advise).
    >
    > However, I have not given accomodation or logistics any thought whatsover and stupidly did not
    > consider the fact that the start and end were 125 miles apart (too many years of Mountain biking
    > and loops).
    >
    > So, I am wondering whether I am too late to book a place at the finish in a campsite and somehow
    > get to the start and stay in a hotel the night before. Or, is it all too late and will I find
    > accomodation fully booked ?
    >
    > Any advice from veteran (experience not age !) entrants greatly appreciated.
    >
    > TIA Dave

    Lucky sod, I keep checking the site but no number appears for me, ho hum!

  3. Citfish

    Citfish Guest

    On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 18:48:18 +0000 (UTC), "Terry" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"CitFish phased.co.uk>" <[email protected]<Nooooo spaaammm> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> I have entered the Etape Du Tour for the first time and am lucky enough to have had my entry
    >> accepted (Thanks to Ron Cutler and his excellent advise).
    >>
    >> However, I have not given accomodation or logistics any thought whatsover and stupidly did not
    >> consider the fact that the start and end were 125 miles apart (too many years of Mountain biking
    >> and loops).
    >>
    >> So, I am wondering whether I am too late to book a place at the finish in a campsite and somehow
    >> get to the start and stay in a hotel the night before. Or, is it all too late and will I find
    >> accomodation fully booked ?
    >>
    >> Any advice from veteran (experience not age !) entrants greatly appreciated.
    >>
    >> TIA Dave
    >
    >Lucky sod, I keep checking the site but no number appears for me, ho hum!

    Terry

    1500 places still to go by my calculations, keep hoping and best of luck Dave

  4. Terry

    Terry Guest

    "CitFish phased.co.uk>" <[email protected]<Nooooo spaaammm> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 18:48:18 +0000 (UTC), "Terry" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    > >"CitFish phased.co.uk>" <[email protected]<Nooooo spaaammm> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]...
    > >> I have entered the Etape Du Tour for the first time and am lucky enough to have had my entry
    > >> accepted (Thanks to Ron Cutler and his excellent advise).
    > >>
    > >> However, I have not given accomodation or logistics any thought whatsover and stupidly did not
    > >> consider the fact that the start and end were 125 miles apart (too many years of Mountain
    > >> biking and loops).
    > >>
    > >> So, I am wondering whether I am too late to book a place at the finish in a campsite and
    > >> somehow get to the start and stay in a hotel the night before. Or, is it all too late and will
    > >> I find accomodation fully booked ?
    > >>
    > >> Any advice from veteran (experience not age !) entrants greatly appreciated.
    > >>
    > >> TIA Dave
    > >
    > >Lucky sod, I keep checking the site but no number appears for me, ho hum!
    > >

    > Terry
    >
    > 1500 places still to go by my calculations, keep hoping and best of luck Dave

    I know, I keep checking and adding up everyday!!!