Etape

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Rogerc, Mar 9, 2004.

  1. Rogerc

    Rogerc Guest

    Accepted entries are going up on the web site. No sign of
    mine yet Fingers crossed Rog

    Tags:

  2. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Do they come on line slowly? Is there still hope? I just
    thought I'd missed the boat.

    Dave

    "RogerC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Accepted entries are going up on the web site. No sign of
    > mine yet Fingers crossed Rog

  3. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > Do they come on line slowly? Is there still hope? I just
    > thought I'd missed the boat.

    If past form is anything to go by, yes. All is not yet lost.

    --
    Dave...

  4. Ive got a place through Sporting Tours (so its guaranteed)
    and my name's not up yet so I wouldnt panic.

    Chris

    --
    Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
    http://www.opera.com/m2/

  5. in fact, just out of curiousity i tried, Smith, Jones and
    Indurain :-D and they didnt bring anything back either so my
    guess would be that no names are up...

    Anyone know the equivalent French name to Smith?

    --
    Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
    http://www.opera.com/m2/

  6. Simonb

    Simonb Guest

    > Anyone know the equivalent French name to Smith?

    Marsaud?

  7. Blank too!

    I dont like the French language.....it just doesnt have that
    certain je ne sais quoi....

    --
    Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
    http://www.opera.com/m2/

  8. W K

    W K Guest

    "turkeytickler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]...

    > Anyone know the equivalent French name to Smith?

    There isn't one. They seem not to have one name for more
    common than others.

    The most common surname in France is "Martinez" ... which of
    course is the Portugese equivalent of Smith.

  9. In news:[email protected],
    W K <[email protected]> typed:
    > "turkeytickler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:eek:[email protected]...
    >
    >> Anyone know the equivalent French name to Smith?
    >
    > There isn't one. They seem not to have one name for more
    > common than others.
    >
    > The most common surname in France is "Martinez" ... which
    > of course is the Portugese equivalent of Smith.

    Leclerc is the one normally quoted.

  10. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    turkeytickler <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On 11 Mar 2004 06:40:41 -0800, Dave Kahn
    > <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > If past form is anything to go by, yes. All is not
    > > yet lost.

    > Ive got a place through Sporting Tours (so its guaranteed)
    > and my name's not up yet so I wouldnt panic.

    Last year the Sporting Tours entries were about the last to
    go up - several weeks after the first ones appeared.

    --
    Dave...

  11. Johnb

    Johnb Guest

    W K wrote:

    > "turkeytickler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:eek:[email protected]...
    >
    > > Anyone know the equivalent French name to Smith?
    >
    > There isn't one.

    I'm sure they will soon have one if the nutter from
    Inverness crosses the Channel.

    John B

  12. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    turkeytickler <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > in fact, just out of curiousity i tried, Smith, Jones and
    > Indurain :-D and they didnt bring anything back either so
    > my guess would be that no names are up...
    >
    > Anyone know the equivalent French name to Smith?

    There are 8 Lejeunes registered, 6 of them verterans and 4
    of them over 5. :)

    --
    Dave...

  13. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    I wrote...

    > There are 8 Lejeunes registered, 6 of them verterans and 4
    > of them over 5.

    Duh... 4 of them over _50_ .

    --
    Dave...

  14. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    I wrote...

    > There are 8 Lejeunes registered, 6 of them verterans and 4
    > of them over 5.

    Duh... 4 of them over _50_ .

    --
    Dave...

  15. Dan Gregory

    Dan Gregory Guest

    "turkeytickler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Anyone know the equivalent French name to Smith?
    Martin

    ---
    virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.615 /
    Virus Database: 394 - Release Date: 08/03/04