Etiquette on forums.

Carrera said:
To my mind it ain't rocket science. Seems to me the American posters tend to be more right-wing than the British posters, who are all very liberal. Not that I'm knocking peoples' political views as such.
There are maybe 3 or 4 liberal Americans like DaveMc but these same liberals across the pond are still more to the right than the most right-wing U.K. posters :)
I mean, Darkboong and Lim seem very liberal - both great posters and articulate but no red-necks by any stretch of the imagination. :)
Mountain Pro seems to be the most centre right - not quite as liberal as Darboong.
Myself I'm maybe a mystery but I am, in fact, liberal (but to the right over certain issues and maybe even a left-wing Tory). But remember, I studied in a Russian university and lived abroad some years so I lost my Brit outlook on politics.
Fred C - seems to be pretty liberal and dislikes the Tories as much as Darkboong. He won't be backing Michael Howard :)
But the majority of Americans aren't afraid to support Bush openly and I hardly ever hear many Kerry supporters?
At the end of the day, it's a free world and free expression. You have to have thick skin and take heat if you can dish it out.
This is the second time someone's mentioned thin or thick skin and Carrera, you are sooo wrong. Many of the regular posters are so thin skinned, that its actually fun to prod them. I mean, this thread started because someone mocked a fellow that wanted to show respect for the London bombing victims. Now look where its gone.
I especially like the "if you don't talk the way we do, go away or we'll take our forum and go home" attitude. Elitism at its best.
There are some good threads with intelligent to & fro, but you've also got some real tinfoil hat wearers. And I also like the guy with the hate list that included Bush and Brittany Spears. You gotta love it.
And as far as me going away...no.:D

Chance3290 said:
This is the second time someone's mentioned thin or thick skin and Carrera, you are sooo wrong. Many of the regular posters are so thin skinned, that its actually fun to prod them. I mean, this thread started because someone mocked a fellow that wanted to show respect for the London bombing victims. Now look where its gone.
I especially like the "if you don't talk the way we do, go away or we'll take our forum and go home" attitude. Elitism at its best.
There are some good threads with intelligent to & fro, but you've also got some real tinfoil hat wearers. And I also like the guy with the hate list that included Bush and Brittany Spears. You gotta love it.
And as far as me going away...no.:D
Right. I guess we'll just have to accept you as you are then. Thin skin & all, that is :rolleyes:

davidmc said:
Right. I guess we'll just have to accept you as you are then. Thin skin & all, that is :rolleyes:
I've taken to using a potato peeler to thin my skin out. Without this constant attention to minimising the gauge of the dermetic layers, I have trouble noticing when someone is insulting me.

Chance3290 said:
There are some good threads with intelligent to & fro, but you've also got some real tinfoil hat wearers.
You gotta drink the Kool-Aid, re: Colorado Ryder, et al. :rolleyes:

Wurm said:
You gotta read the conspiracy books and look at the conspiracy internet pages to be as "informed" as Wurmy. By the redundant list of sources that Wurmy looks at for information, it is obvious that he doesn't try very hard to look for other points of view. Yes he has jumped into the tank of kool aid. Let him drown.

You're a little bit hard to figure out politically. What I do know for certain is you loathe evangelical Christian influence in the Government. This is something that stands out when you post.
It's also clear you dislike Bush.
In the beginning, I had this idea you were a kind of American version of our own Limerickman but, later on, it turned out you and Lim occasionally disagree on other smaller issues, same as I occasionally disagree with Lim on small matters.
But with regard to myself, it can be kind of lonely out here. I'm the only U.K. poster who holds some very right-wing views and will tend to take the side of Israel against the Arabs.
But there's no way I'm a Bush supporter. Moreover, just because I said I admired some facets of Margaret Thatcher and the Tories, doesn't mean to say I supported the poll tax and miners fiasco.
I wonder why it is, though, there seem to be more Bush supporters on the forum from the U.S. (even considering Lance is a liberal) and that the majority of Brits seem to support Galloway (who's ultra left-wing)? We have a huge political divide and a small middle ground. No wonder we fight so much from time to time.

davidmc said:
I am Bushco.'s worst nightmare. A relatively well read, voting, veteran who knows BS when he see's it & detest's being lied to. It is apparent that from day 1, of his 1st term, that he was intent on invading iraq. Anyone w/ 1/2 a brain can see this. Him & Cheney mislead the American people n2 believing that iraq was a necessity. It is now "figuritively" blowing up in thier faces & "literally" blowing up in our military's faces :mad: Impeachment proceedings should have begun long ago. His admin. has been asleep at the wheel since day 1. They need to be held accountable. Truth is not "left" or "right". Truth is truth. And the truth is Bush is getting people killed for a foriegn affair that was voluntarily undertaken w/o taking into acct. post war possibilities :mad: Six month's into his second term he has the lowest "believability #'s of any president in history. He/they have no credibility left, not that they had any to begin with. As far as Kerry is concerned, he ended up being the candidate because the other 2 or 3 "imploded" leaving Kerry as the only Dem candidate left. He was 2nd eschelon. That's why you won't hear people defending him. He was not the 1st choice but the only choice, at the time, to run against Dubya & Co.

I thought you were a U.K. poster? But where are the rest of the anti-Bush American posters? Is it just you and DaveMc all alone out there?

Wurm said:
Well Carrera, you must have forgotten about me. I'm American, living in NY state, and I don't think anyone has ever likened me to a redneck. :) I certainly do not support the Bushco thugs, as you well know.

Wurm said:
Well Carrera, you must have forgotten about me. I'm American, living in NY state, and I don't think anyone has ever likened me to a redneck. :) I certainly do not support the Bushco thugs, as you well know.
I didn't include you in the generalisations as you are from the North, the only one I think.
I don't know what that Chance is on about. A few people in London get blown up, and Bush is getting American lads killed on a daily basis. Thousands of them, notwithstanding the large amount of innocent civilians in Iraq getting killed in the process. Didn't notice that Chance gave them a mention. All those people were just as important to their respective families. Chance seems to think London lives are more important than others.

Well, I agree with you on that score. The deaths of Iraqi civilians or London residents are all equally tragic.
My own view is we should all pull out of Iraq and encourage other Arab nations to take care of security within that country. Iraq is none of our business unless Iraq had actually attacked us - which it hasn't done.
But I still think the mistake politicians made over Iraq doesn't entitle foreign nationals to target British, American or European civilians many of whom opposed the said war. Rather than protest or organise demonstrations, these radical groups choose to murder the very people who may have marched against George Bush.
That kind of defies logic.

FredC said:
I didn't include you in the generalisations as you are from the North, the only one I think.
I don't know what that Chance is on about. A few people in London get blown up, and Bush is getting American lads killed on a daily basis. Thousands of them, notwithstanding the large amount of innocent civilians in Iraq getting killed in the process. Didn't notice that Chance gave them a mention. All those people were just as important to their respective families. Chance seems to think London lives are more important than others.

FredC said:
A few people in London get blown up, and Bush is getting American lads killed on a daily basis. Thousands of them, notwithstanding the large amount of innocent civilians in Iraq getting killed in the process. Didn't notice that Chance gave them a mention. All those people were just as important to their respective families. Chance seems to think London lives are more important than others.
Please list the thousands and I'll say a kind word for them. Its boobs like you that can trivialize the deaths of the London victims and try to SPIN it to their advantage. Are you a politician or a news reporter?
Please show the quote of my saying the London lives were more important than others. You can't, because it was never said, except in your elitist, narrow mind.

FredC said:
I don't know what that Chance is on about.
Sorry, I'll try to type slower and use smaller words.

Throwing out the "conspiracy" word again, eh CR? Well, I'll remind you that because you and your ilk claim certain facts are "conspiracies", doesn't make them so.

But in your myopic milieu, anything that pins the tail on the White House/'Cons is deemed "hooey", no matter WHAT the evidence shows. That doesn't automatically render good evidence as unfounded conspiracy because you say so, but it does make you look like a blinded dolt.

As I've said re: 9/11, I don't mind being called a "conspiracy theorist", as long as you call yourself a "coincidence theorist". It seems that you're the one here that eschews any and all information that points toward the crimes of the Bush Administration. So, before you squawk again, go look into the facts and evidence as it now stands.

But we all know you can't bear the truth, so you won't bother but only to shoot the messenger.

The criminal enterprise that you support is rapidly running out of excuses for their many cover-ups. Stay tuned.

Wurm said:
Wurm, that cat looks very familiar. I dated a woman in Germany some time back that had a cat just like that one. They both wore tinfoil hats. We'd walk into the apartment and she'd say: "Hello, Whiskers. And what how are you today?"
I heard the cat go: "Meow."
She heard the cat say: "Well, I'm a bit concern with the goings-on at the Reichtstag, but we'll talk more when HE'S not around."
The sex was great, thou. The woman, not the cat.
I left after about two months. Great sex or not, I couldn't deal with the cat's politics.

Chance3290 said:
The sex was great, thou. The woman, not the cat....
I've read that the Nazi's were quite good at that aspect of their clandestine operations.

If you can't find another female operative to replace Tin Hat Girl, there's always Jeff Gannon (when he's not busy at the White House). ;)

Wurm said:
Well, I'll remind you that because you and your ilk claim certain facts are "conspiracies", doesn't make them so.
Just because Wurmy posts some **** he found on one of his dubious websites doesn't make it the truth. No matter how much he tries to bloviate about how "independent" and "righteous" the "source" is. Isn't it strange that Wurmy and a few select others are the only ones with access to the "truth"? Wurmy doesn't care about the "truth". If it is anti-Bush then Wurmy will believe it no matter what it is. Wurmy thinks if you don't believe his political **** then you're his enemy. Wurmy is so shallow he judges people on their political beliefs.

So yes I'll call you what you are Wurmy.....a conspiracy wacko nutcase.

Colorado Ryder said:
Just because Wurmy posts some **** he found on one of his dubious websites doesn't make it the truth. No matter how much he tries to bloviate about how "independent" and "righteous" the "source" is. Isn't it strange that Wurmy and a few select others are the only ones with access to the "truth"? Wurmy doesn't care about the "truth". If it is anti-Bush then Wurmy will believe it no matter what it is. Wurmy thinks if you don't believe his political **** then you're his enemy. Wurmy is so shallow he judges people on their political beliefs.

OK, show me where what I've ever posted is "dubious" and how/why it's dubious. Sorry, but I don't frequent Faux News (TV), Newsmax (web), or Rush "Pill-Addled Hypocrite" Limbaugh (radio).

Or better yet, let's hear your denials of what's been coming out of your Hero's admin. since Day 1. Well, that would be a full-time job, wouldn't it?

Or you can try to give sane answers to questions such as:

"Why did WTC 7 fall, when it hadn't been touched by anything and had no previously known structural problems, and then it was hours after the main tower's collapse?"

"Why didn't the Secret Service whisk the Pres. away from the school in FL as soon as they knew an attack was underway?"

"Why did the official gov't story of what happened change?"

"Why was the evidence (debris) all quickly hauled off, and no proper investigation of the ruins of the N & S Towers ever conducted?"

"Why did the Bush Admin. try to prevent the 9/11 Commission from being formed?"

"Why would not Bush and Cheney agree to testify to that sham Commission under oath?"

There are many more problems with the official gov't version of events on 9/11, but those are just a start.

So IF there was no conspiracy, THEN it must be a large collection of highly improbable coincidences.

Which is it, CR?

Wurm said:
OK, show me where what I've ever posted is "dubious" and how/why it's dubious. Sorry, but I don't frequent Faux News (TV), Newsmax (web), or Rush "Pill-Addled Hypocrite" Limbaugh (radio).

Or better yet, let's hear your denials of what's been coming out of your Hero's admin. since Day 1. Well, that would be a full-time job, wouldn't it?

Or you can try to give sane answers to questions such as:

"Why did WTC 7 fall, when it hadn't been touched by anything and had no previously known structural problems, and then it was hours after the main tower's collapse?"

"Why didn't the Secret Service whisk the Pres. away from the school in FL as soon as they knew an attack was underway?"

"Why did the official gov't story of what happened change?"

"Why was the evidence (debris) all quickly hauled off, and no proper investigation of the ruins of the N & S Towers ever conducted?"

"Why did the Bush Admin. try to prevent the 9/11 Commission from being formed?"

"Why would not Bush and Cheney agree to testify to that sham Commission under oath?"

There are many more problems with the official gov't version of events on 9/11, but those are just a start.

So IF there was no conspiracy, THEN it must be a large collection of highly improbable coincidences.

Which is it, CR?
You forgot about there being no airplane at the pentagon! Or was that last airliner shotdown and who authorised it! Why were all the Jewish people gone from work!
Thank you for proving to sane people that you are indeed a crazy wacko conspiracy fruitcake!

the conservative overview:
www.antiwar.com

you may be suprised to see there are well educated, successful, well travelled, connected,
informed and popular anti war anti bush conservatives (not the neo-cons that get all the press in representing something they are not...)
who refuse to support the deception of the bush syndicate and the criminal military attrocities and corruption that results.

how do you like your tax monies spent for support of the private interests of the business of the us ?

this link is a resource to lead one to many facts that are not in the sanitized us headlines.
a true patriot would not hesitate to avail themselves of this type of investigation.
this would in turn make for informed decisions of the voting public on many levels.

there is an awakening occuring, as we tire of the sons and daughters of taxpaying us public being sent off as sacrificial lambs to do the bidding of the war criminals of the bush petroleum syndicate.

one only needs to look at the approval rating slide of the current administration. internationally it is much lower.
do they know something we (you?) don't?
whose reality can we support? the commercial media of the us?
that got us to where we are now in terms of acceptance of war, remember?

it is indeed the duty of those who would support a democratic proccess to avail oneself of a free and objective media.

remember, like all things factual in nature,

"body counts are not conspiracy, covering them up is!"

Colorado Ryder said:
Just because Wurmy posts some **** he found on one of his dubious websites doesn't make it the truth.

lyotard said:
www.antiwar.com

you may be suprised to see there are well educated, successful, well travelled, connected,
informed and popular anti war anti bush conservatives (not the neo-cons that get all the press in representing something they are not...)
who refuse to support the deception of the bush syndicate and the criminal military attrocities and corruption that results.

how do you like your tax monies spent for support of the private interests of the business of the us ?

this link is a resource to lead one to many facts that are not in the sanitized us headlines.
a true patriot would not hesitate to avail themselves of this type of investigation.
this would in turn make for informed decisions of the voting public on many levels.

there is an awakening occuring, as we tire of the sons and daughters of taxpaying us public being sent off as sacrificial lambs to do the bidding of the war criminals of the bush petroleum syndicate.

one only needs to look at the approval rating slide of the current administration. internationally it is much lower.

it is indeed the duty of those who would support a democratic proccess to avail oneself of a free and objective media.

I don't have a problem with someone being anti-Bush or anti-war. There is a problem when someone tries to perpetuate unproven theories as factual.

lyotard said:
www.antiwar.com

SUPERB post lyotard :)

For your listening/viewing pleasure, CR, the following are many of the best 911-Truth audio/video clips.

David Ray Griffin's April '05 speech entitled "911 and American Empire: How Should Religious People Respond?" Broadcast twice on C-SPAN2 Book TV (1 hour 22 mins, various video/audio choices):
http://www.911blogger.com/2005/04/proper-release-of-griffin-in-madison.html
transcript (without Q&A)

June 16 '05 5-hour 911-roundtable on Coast to Coast AM with George Noory. Guests were Alex Jones, David Ray Griffin, and the shills were Peter Lance and Mike Levine. In the first hour, Morgan Reynolds was on for about half of it.
CtoC link with overview:
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2005/06/16.html
Page with MP3s of all five hours:
http://www.911blogger.com/2005/06/recording-of-last-nights-coast-to.html

Michael Ruppert's 3+ hour speech in Portland from June '05 (MP3s):
http://www.indybay.org/news/2005/06/1746275.php

David Ray Griffin's "New Pearl Harbor", full text online:
http://vancouver.indymedia.org/news/2004/06/141355.php

David Ray Griffin's Fall '04 talk on his book "911 Commission: Ommissions and Distortions" (QuickTime movie, 1 hour, 47.5 MB):
http://movies12.archive.org/0/movies/drgriffin/drgriffinon911commission.mov

Michael Ruppert's 8/31/04 speech to San Francisco Commonwealth Club re "Crossing The Rubicon", his book on 911-Truth, oil, and US Empire (MP3s, 29 mins, 10 MBs each):
Part 1:
http://media.globalpublicmedia.com/RM/2004/08/Ruppert.Commonwealth.20040831-1.mp3
Part 2:
http://media.globalpublicmedia.com/RM/2004/08/Ruppert.Commonwealth.20040831-2.mp3
Transcript:
http://www.globalpublicmedia.com/transcripts/159

Michael Ruppert radio interview 2/14/05 re 911, Oil, and the financial markets (MP3, 49 mins, 22.2 MBs):
http://media.globalpublicmedia.com/RM/2005/02/KZYX.MichaelRuppert.ElsCooperrider.2005-02-14.mp3

Webster G. Tarpley 3/27/05 radio interview re his book: "Synthetic Terror: Made in USA" (MP3, 29 mins, 13.3 MBs):
http://www.suesupriano.com/audio/webstertarpley.mp3

Dan Rather remarks on the strange collapse of WTC-7 (MPEG 35 seconds, 1.3 MB):
http://www.911research.com/wtc/evidence/videos/docs/wtc_7_cbs.mpg

Bush lying about 911 morning, "...the TV was obviously on" (RealPlayer, 1 minute, 880 KB):
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGES/bushsawfirstplane1.ram

Bush fumbles a softball press question about 911 foreknowledge (MPEG, 43 seconds, 7.2 MB):
http://images.indymedia.org/imc/washingtondc/media/video/6/9_11laugh.mpg

Firemen recall "detonations" in South Tower (MPEG, 29 seconds, 4.8 MB):
http://www.911research.com/wtc/evidence/videos/docs/discussion_in_firehouse.mpg

Animated image (.gif) of WTC-7 collapse. Good for posting to messageboards where posting images is possible:
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/SMALL_wtc-7_1_.gif

Fake terror staged by governments is nothing new. See the US Government's since declassified "Operation Northwoods" scheme (PDF, 780 KB):
http://www.prisonplanet.com/northwoods.pdf

Bilderberg Group, a key element of the "shadow government" which rules much of the Western World, discussed by BBC Radio (MP3, 28 mins, 4.8 MB):
http://www.propagandamatrix.com/bbc_radio_4_bilderberg.mp3