eTrex odometer limit

Ron Hardin

Guest
I achieved a low-level experiment, namely not accidentally resetting
one of my two bicycle handlebar-mounted basic eTrex's for a little more
than a year, to see what it did after 9999 miles when it got there.

Answer: 9999 rolls over to ---- (four dashes)

not even 0000

apparently there are 4 display places programmed and that's that.

This is the original (now at J&R) $94 AA-battery yellow eTrex.

There's no much to occupy you on a bicycle.
--
Ron Hardin
[email protected]

Ron Hardin wrote:

> I achieved a low-level experiment, namely not accidentally resetting
> one of my two bicycle handlebar-mounted basic eTrex's for a little more
> than a year, to see what it did after 9999 miles when it got there.
>
> Answer: 9999 rolls over to ---- (four dashes)
>
> not even 0000

My Garmin eMap odometer had gotten over 50000 miles before I reset it to
do some experiment with the firmware. Don't know if it would allow
numbers above 99999 or not.