Euro Cross Camp II--race #1

CrossSportif

Guest
Quick report from Beernem Belgium B race today (Sven Vantourenhout's home
training parcours):

The guys are adjusting well to the big jump over the Atlantic. Small race today
to open up the legs. All juniors except Adam McGrath who just got his bikes two
days late compliments of United Airlines.
Brady Kappius holeshotted after we got on the good side of the random start.
And Bjorn Selander rode through to turn some heads with 3rd for our first euro
podium of the camp! (25 euro prize for 3rd in Juniors; 3 euro entry fee). A
nice toast tonight for the national champ. Toby Marzot and Brady rode super to
finish 7 and 8 after I told them to sit in the wheels and save something for
the big races coming tomorrow and Tuesday. Alex Howes flatted early and that
was that…so he's rested for tomorrow. Super kids these juniors…a very good
start.

Elites and u-23 together with Erik Tonkin moving up through the field after
back row start to duke it with Shaun Snodden (Brit guy who raced a few in the
states a few years ago…nice guy). Finished 11th with the John Saey B Team
dominating. All my Belgian crew that knew Erik last year note his improvement
this year and he's even got player cards with the photo of him to hand out this
year, so look out! Ben Turner had a "get the bugs out" ride with a few
mechanicals and a nice solid opening effort. And John Hanson too eased into his
euro cross campaign with a steady ride. Jeremy Powers, Ryan Trebon, and Barry
Wicks debut this stint tomorrow.

It was low key today…no fisticuffs in the pits…just a good one to start
with. That raw euro damp cold that just goes right through you…but no rain.
No medical control. We go big tomorrow with Super Prestige in Diegem with all
11 riders (a change in program for the juniors; Jesse Anthony comes
Tuesday)..very different circuit with the best guys there in all
categories…look forward to seeing Jonathan P tomorrow as well!...very fast
circuit, lots of road…one of the oldest SuperPrestiges.

A demain,
Geoff Proctor
Euro Cross Camp II

>From: [email protected] (CrossSportif)

>We go big tomorrow with Super Prestige in Diegem with all
>11 riders (a change in program for the juniors; Jesse Anthony comes
>Tuesday)..very different circuit with the best guys there in all
>categories…look forward to seeing Jonathan P tomorrow as well!...very fast
>circuit, lots of road…one of the oldest SuperPrestiges.
>
>A demain,
>Geoff Proctor
>Euro Cross Camp II

Thanks Geoff
Really appreciate the details!
Best to everybody. Too bad Stephanie White can't be there too.
Bill Crowther
PS Go Toby!

Photos of the juniors at http://cyclo-cross.info/

Wade

> >From: [email protected] (CrossSportif)

>>We go big tomorrow with Super Prestige in Diegem with all
>>11 riders (a change in program for the juniors; Jesse Anthony comes
>>Tuesday)..very different circuit with the best guys there in all
>>categories.look forward to seeing Jonathan P tomorrow as well!...very fast
>>circuit, lots of road.one of the oldest SuperPrestiges.
>>
>>A demain,
>>Geoff Proctor
>>Euro Cross Camp II
>>

> Thanks Geoff
> Really appreciate the details!
> Best to everybody. Too bad Stephanie White can't be there too.
> Bill Crowther
> PS Go Toby!

"CrossSportif" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Quick report from Beernem Belgium B race today (Sven Vantourenhout's home
> training parcours):
>
> The guys are adjusting well to the big jump over the Atlantic. Small race

today
> to open up the legs. All juniors except Adam McGrath who just got his

bikes two
> days late compliments of United Airlines.
> Brady Kappius holeshotted after we got on the good side of the random

start.
> And Bjorn Selander rode through to turn some heads with 3rd for our first

euro
> podium of the camp! (25 euro prize for 3rd in Juniors; 3 euro entry fee).

> nice toast tonight for the national champ. Toby Marzot and Brady rode

super to
> finish 7 and 8 after I told them to sit in the wheels and save something

for
> the big races coming tomorrow and Tuesday. Alex Howes flatted early and

that
> was that.so he's rested for tomorrow. Super kids these juniors.a very good
> start.
>
> Elites and u-23 together with Erik Tonkin moving up through the field

after
> back row start to duke it with Shaun Snodden (Brit guy who raced a few in

the
> states a few years ago.nice guy). Finished 11th with the John Saey B Team
> dominating. All my Belgian crew that knew Erik last year note his

improvement
> this year and he's even got player cards with the photo of him to hand out

this
> year, so look out! Ben Turner had a "get the bugs out" ride with a few
> mechanicals and a nice solid opening effort. And John Hanson too eased

into his
> euro cross campaign with a steady ride. Jeremy Powers, Ryan Trebon, and

Barry
> Wicks debut this stint tomorrow.
>
> It was low key today.no fisticuffs in the pits.just a good one to start
> with. That raw euro damp cold that just goes right through you.but no

rain.
> No medical control. We go big tomorrow with Super Prestige in Diegem with

all
> 11 riders (a change in program for the juniors; Jesse Anthony comes
> Tuesday)..very different circuit with the best guys there in all
> categories.look forward to seeing Jonathan P tomorrow as well!...very fast
> circuit, lots of road.one of the oldest SuperPrestiges.
>
> A demain,
> Geoff Proctor
> Euro Cross Camp II

What??? No Johnny NoCom? I'd have thought he'd be kickin' cross butt on
his "fastest bike in the world". Oh well, maybe next season he'll mount
some knobbies on his NoCom and show 'em how it's done, eh?

Merry Christmas All (or, your seasonal greeting of choice).

GG