EuroFred's - The Continent is not Immune!

In article <[email protected]>,
Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote:

> jerry in vermont wrote:
>
> > need I say more...
> > Ok, I have to say more - the definitive Fred, its universal and
> > transcends language.
> >
> > http://www.harfoto.nl/Adobe 05-06 vossenjacht 05/index.htm

> You linked the frame. I'm wondering which photo you meant. Perhaps:
> http://www.harfoto.nl/Adobe 05-06 vossenjacht 05/pages/DSC_0195.htm
>
> Hey,
> http://www.harfoto.nl/Adobe 05-06 vossenjacht 05/pages/DSC_0192.htm

No, I'm pretty sure it's this one:

http://www.harfoto.nl/Adobe 05-06 vossenjacht 05/pages/DSC_0004.htm

Eurofatty!

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> jerry in vermont wrote:
>>
>> > need I say more...
>> > Ok, I have to say more - the definitive Fred, its universal and
>> > transcends language.
>> >
>> > http://www.harfoto.nl/Adobe 05-06 vossenjacht 05/index.htm

>> You linked the frame. I'm wondering which photo you meant. Perhaps:
>> http://www.harfoto.nl/Adobe 05-06 vossenjacht 05/pages/DSC_0195.htm
>>
>> Hey,
>> http://www.harfoto.nl/Adobe 05-06 vossenjacht 05/pages/DSC_0192.htm

> No, I'm pretty sure it's this one:
>
> http://www.harfoto.nl/Adobe 05-06 vossenjacht 05/pages/DSC_0004.htm
>
> Eurofatty!

I'm with Ryan. And as far as the chickie goes, how is it that anything
female on two wheels suddenly vaults into hottie status?

"Jim Flom" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> I'm with Ryan. And as far as the chickie goes, how is it that anything
> female on two wheels suddenly vaults into hottie status?

Tammy Thomas?

Oh wait. You said female.

"Ed Sullivan" <[email protected]> wrote in message >

> Your premise is wrong. Freds don't race, but they do ride fancy racing
> bikes.

Actually, they do. You've never had some unknown guy chase you down on a
climb or training ride?

On 23 Nov 2005 16:10:36 -0800, "jerry in vermont"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
>
>> You linked the frame. I'm wondering which photo you meant. Perhaps:
>> http://www.harfoto.nl/Adobe 05-06 vossenjacht 05/pages/DSC_0195.htm
>>

>as my 4 year old would say...whoopsy...
>
>http://www.harfoto.nl/Adobe 05-06 vossenjacht 05/images/DSC_0080.jpg
>
>NOW do you must see that its obvious. I admit, there are a couple
>choices but, IMHO, this one takes it.

At least he's out riding, and seems to be trying cross on his road
bike.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

"jerry in vermont" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>> You linked the frame. I'm wondering which photo you meant. Perhaps:
>> http://www.harfoto.nl/Adobe 05-06 vossenjacht 05/pages/DSC_0195.htm
>>

> as my 4 year old would say...whoopsy...
>
> http://www.harfoto.nl/Adobe 05-06 vossenjacht 05/images/DSC_0080.jpg
>
> NOW do you must see that its obvious. I admit, there are a couple
> choices but, IMHO, this one takes it.

The Fred in me is asking what kind of front wheel is he using? It looks like
a 12 spoke Spinergy.

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 15:21:57 GMT, "Jim Flom" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Ryan Cousineau" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> In article <[email protected]>,
>> Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> You linked the frame. I'm wondering which photo you meant. Perhaps:
>>> http://www.harfoto.nl/Adobe 05-06 vossenjacht 05/pages/DSC_0195.htm
>>>
>>> Hey,
>>> http://www.harfoto.nl/Adobe 05-06 vossenjacht 05/pages/DSC_0192.htm

>> No, I'm pretty sure it's this one:
>>
>> http://www.harfoto.nl/Adobe 05-06 vossenjacht 05/pages/DSC_0004.htm
>>
>> Eurofatty!

>I'm with Ryan. And as far as the chickie goes, how is it that anything
>female on two wheels suddenly vaults into hottie status?

They just do.

Ron

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 13:25:59 -0600, "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Ed Sullivan" <[email protected]> wrote in message >
>>
>> Your premise is wrong. Freds don't race, but they do ride fancy racing
>> bikes.
>>

>Actually, they do. You've never had some unknown guy chase you down on a
>climb or training ride?

The worst ride of my life. It was a Monday, I'd just fried my legs and lungs
saturday and sunday and I'm doing an easy road loop out and across a rail to
trail park and then back another way and there's this guy with foamy-cushion
drop handlebars and and those brake lever extensions in a white t-shirt and
khaki shorts. Fred was strong. I had to watch a guy in white socks halfway up
his calf ride away from me.

Ron

In article <[email protected]>,
John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]> wrote:

> On 23 Nov 2005 16:10:36 -0800, "jerry in vermont"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> >
> >> You linked the frame. I'm wondering which photo you meant. Perhaps:
> >> http://www.harfoto.nl/Adobe 05-06 vossenjacht 05/pages/DSC_0195.htm
> >>

> >as my 4 year old would say...whoopsy...
> >
> >http://www.harfoto.nl/Adobe 05-06 vossenjacht 05/images/DSC_0080.jpg
> >
> >NOW do you must see that its obvious. I admit, there are a couple
> >choices but, IMHO, this one takes it.

> At least he's out riding, and seems to be trying cross on his road
> bike.
>
> JT

Look JT: I'm all for the idea that mere participation is a great goal
for lots of cyclists. I even got my father restarted on bike commuting a
few years ago.

But my father never wore that outfit.

The next time "Chart" Chung extols the virtues of the Euro aesthetic or
lifestyle, I'm pulling this photo out of my bookmarks and posting it in
my reply.

I know _mountain bikers_ who wouldn't leave the house looking that bad.
And SPDs on a nice vintage Pinarello...oh dear.

This is where I draw the line,

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

> The next time "Chart" Chung extols the virtues of the Euro aesthetic or
> lifestyle, I'm pulling this photo out of my bookmarks and posting it in
> my reply.
>
> I know _mountain bikers_ who wouldn't leave the house looking that bad.
> And SPDs on a nice vintage Pinarello...oh dear.
>
> This is where I draw the line,

On the other hand,

http://www.harfoto.nl/Adobe 05-06 vossenjacht 05/pages/DSC_0190.htm

I would say something catty except for about three
or four things:

- This guy looks like he's having fun
- He's probably been doing this for years and would
ride me into the ground while pedaling with one leg
- I dig the jacket
- He has MAD STYLE all the way from the jacket club logo
through the brake lever position down to racing on
those pedals. I don't love the shades, but most cycling
sunglasses are difficult to pull off even if you're a
5% bodyfat freakazoid.

Final Score: Euro-Fred seven, RBR-Twerp-me nil.

jerry in vermont wrote:
> http://www.harfoto.nl/Adobe 05-06 vossenjacht 05/images/DSC_0080.jpg
>
> NOW do you must see that its obvious. I admit, there are a couple
> choices but, IMHO, this one takes it.

I don't get it at all. In my mind a fred is a poser, not a real racer but
acting like one on training rides and wearing or riding things not
befitting his status. This guy wears his club jersey, a noname longsleeve,
a noname helmet, noname (speedskating) tights and rides an old(?) steel
frame. Because today's club event includes a spot of grass land en route,
he switched his regular pedals and shoes for mtb/spd versions. On top of
that, he is busy saving his fellow riders from that nasty loose dog coming
up on his left.

You may criticize the colour scheme of his chosen outfit, but really, this
is a bike path not a runway.

--
E. Dronkert

"Ewoud Dronkert" <[email protected]> wrote in >
> You may criticize the colour scheme of his chosen outfit, but really, this
> is a bike path not a runway.

The truth is the average person cannot tell the difference between this guy
and the op on a bike - we all look the same to them.

This whole thread is like a conversation about virtue in a ***** house... a
little ironic, but mostly sad.