Eurolight Twin Rechargeable Halogen Lights

Roos Eisma wrote:

> out there, but I'm quite looking forward to my Xmas present as a
> replacement :)

Santa is both kind and pragmatic, and has greenlit an early present on
the grounds it'll keep someone safe before it gets to Christmas, and
it's one less chimney to get down come the time...

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

close one eye when a vehicle approaches at night, that way you've still got a working eye once it's passed. (Thanks to my dad for that tip).

glenn

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 12:14:10 +0000, glenn <glenn@_nospam_.com> wrote:

>close one eye when a vehicle approaches at night, that way you've still got a working eye once it's passed. (Thanks to my dad for that tip).

Note: do not try this if you have amblyopia.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 14:13:19 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 12:14:10 +0000, glenn <glenn@_nospam_.com> wrote:
>
>>close one eye when a vehicle approaches at night, that way you've still got a working eye once it's passed. (Thanks to my dad for that tip).

>Note: do not try this if you have amblyopia.

Sounds like a heroin-induced tendency to cycle very slowly.

--
Warning: This user suffers from narcolepppppppppp
ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Roos Eisma <[email protected]> writes:

> chris French <[email protected]> writes:
>
> >Until you forget to put it on charge and it runs flat halfway home, or
> >put in charge and then leave the battery behind (obviously not when it's
> >dark)......

> I have a Sigma Mirage X with a 5W and a 20W lamp. I got it when I moved
> and had a commute which was 4 miles through pitch black country lanes
> followed by 4 miles lighted streets.
> Battery life using the 20W lamp was fairly short so if I used it only for
> the dark part and did the rest on the smaller lamp I could just manage one
> commute before recharging.
> And yes, I have forgotten to recharge before I needed it. Or recharged in
> a very cold room which didn't work very well. Or recharged without
> switching the socket on. Or set up to recharge and then knocked out the
> plug slightly so it didn't make contact. And you can't tell if the battery
> is full or not by looking at it.

I've got lights that sound like the Argos ones, and to address some of the
problems with charging I have ditched the constant current charger supplied
with them and bought a constant voltage charger. You can get them from Maplin
and they only cost about £7. It has a light to show you when it is charging
which goes off when the battery is fully charged, and the "constant voltage"
behaviour means that you won't damage the battery by leaving it charging for
too long.

Cheers,

--
Richard Stamper