European Bike Express-Alps

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Stephenflory, Mar 12, 2003.

  1. Stephenflory

    Stephenflory Guest

    On the front of European Bike Express brochure is a photo of a track. I think it's from the Col De
    Rousset, looking from the south. Going on a tour of Alps this summer and want to do this track. Does
    anyone know if the track is to the east or west of the Col?

    Tags:

  2. Ian Bidwell

    Ian Bidwell Guest

    "stephenflory" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On the front of European Bike Express brochure is a photo of a track. I think it's from the Col De
    > Rousset, looking from the south. Going on a
    tour
    > of Alps this summer and want to do this track. Does anyone know if the
    track
    > is to the east or west of the Col?

    The track is on the west of the col , and leaves the road heading south just at the southern end of
    the summit tunnel. It then heads north into the Vercours and joins various local tracks generally in
    a northerly direction.

    I think the track was probably the original route of the col before either of the two summit
    tunnels was dug.

  3. Taywood

    Taywood Guest

    stephenflory wrote:
    > On the front of European Bike Express brochure is a photo of a track. I think it's from the Col De
    > Rousset, looking from the south. Going on a tour of Alps this summer and want to do this track.
    > Does anyone know if the track is to the east or west of the Col?

    Are you telling us you planned a route based on a photo on a brochure?