European bikes?

THREECROSS

Aug 10, 2004
I'm a roadie thinking about getting into mountain biking. I've always rode Italian or French bikes with Campy or Simplex, you know, European components. Is there any European makers of mountain bikes? I know Bianchi makes a few hardtails, but does anyone else make a full suspension bike or are they all Oriental and American makers?

THREECROSS said:
I'm a roadie thinking about getting into mountain biking. I've always rode Italian or French bikes with Campy or Simplex, you know, European components. Is there any European makers of mountain bikes? I know Bianchi makes a few hardtails, but does anyone else make a full suspension bike or are they all Oriental and American makers?
There's lots of European manufacturers, many of them not available in the US. Some well known ones include Merida, Orbea, Storck, Cube, On-one, Orange and Sunn.

Here's a few links:
www.orbea.com
www.sunnbikes.com
www.on-one.co.uk
www.orangebikes.co.uk
ww.cube-bike.com

Hello,

I was reading this thred, and I am looking too for a XC or Freeride Frame.....US made Bikes and frames are extremely expensive!!!!! it
I was cheking the Orange bicycles web site and for my surprise, many of the dealers in UK sale the ORANGE FIVE frame for only $1200 !!!!!

Wondering if there is any way to do this purchase from here!

F. Luna

hello! Saracen are england based, also 24seven are but maybe they are a lil to DH im not sure. Any how orange are too.

THREECROSS said:

loads in Spain : Conor , BH , Monty , Orbea to name the biggest
BH always give very good value for money and Mendiz have an mtb division but I can´t remember it´s name for now . ( kenion ? )