European food cultures

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by The Reids, Apr 3, 2005.

  1. The Reids

    The Reids Guest

    Following up to Arri London

    >> pallets, food and the weather. I'm surprised they bothered to
    >> build stonehenge, its so cloudy here!

    >LOL! It's meant to attract the aliens. Didn't you know that each
    >monolith emits radiation at a frequency undetectable by ESA/NASA ?

    NASA should employ a few new age twats, they can feel the vibe,
    man. Or something.
    --
    Mike Reid
    Wasdale-Thames path-London-Photos "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" <-- you can email [email protected] this site

  2. The Reids

    The Reids Guest

    Following up to dgs

    >> Avoid guides that accept paid entries and advertising, The CAMRA
    >> guide for instance, does not.

    >CAMRA does accept paid sponsorships, such as the Cask Marque
    >organisation.

    but the pubs are chosen by unpaid volunteers.
    --
    Mike Reid
    Wasdale-Thames path-London-Photos "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" <-- you can email [email protected] this site
    Eat-walk-Spain "http://www.fell-walker.co.uk" <-- [email protected] all, it's a spamtrap

  3. The Reids

    The Reids Guest

    Following up to Deep Foiled Malls

    > Isn't northern Italy big on butter and
    >>dairy, and the south uses olive oil?

    >Erm... no, the north is bigger on olive oil that butter. True they use
    >butter here, but olive oil is far more common.

    but butter come into play in the north, as it does in Spain.
    --

  4. On 11 Apr 2005 17:48:50 +0200, Emilia <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Deep Foiled Malls <[email protected]!l.nu> wrote in
    >news:[email protected]:
    >
    >> On 10 Apr 2005 17:29:08 -0700, "Louis Cohen" <[email protected]>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Like China, wheat and spuds in cooler places, rice in warmer climates.
    >>>You'll find climate-based food differences in any country large enough
    >>>to have different climates. Isn't northern Italy big on butter and
    >>>dairy, and the south uses olive oil?

    >> Erm... no, the north is bigger on olive oil that butter. True they use
    >> butter here, but olive oil is far more common.

    >Now you will find olive oil more common but traditionally butter is what
    >would have be used.

    How do I find that?
    --
    ---
    DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com

  5. On 12 Apr 2005 13:11:40 +0200, Emilia <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Deep Foiled Malls <[email protected]!l.nu> wrote in
    >news:[email protected]:
    >
    >> On 11 Apr 2005 17:48:50 +0200, Emilia <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Deep Foiled Malls <[email protected]!l.nu> wrote in
    >>>news:[email protected]:

    >>>Now you will find olive oil more common but traditionally butter is what
    >>>would have be used.

    >> How do I find that?

    >What do you mean "how do I find that" ?
    >
    >Find some italian grandmas and ask them to teach you to cook.

    I know what I meant, but the brain to usenet device failed somewhere.
    --
    ---