European food cultures

Following up to Arri London

>> pallets, food and the weather. I'm surprised they bothered to
>> build stonehenge, its so cloudy here!

>LOL! It's meant to attract the aliens. Didn't you know that each
>monolith emits radiation at a frequency undetectable by ESA/NASA ?

NASA should employ a few new age twats, they can feel the vibe,
man. Or something.
--
Mike Reid
Wasdale-Thames path-London-Photos "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" <-- you can email us@ this site

Following up to dgs

>> Avoid guides that accept paid entries and advertising, The CAMRA
>> guide for instance, does not.

>CAMRA does accept paid sponsorships, such as the Cask Marque
>organisation.

but the pubs are chosen by unpaid volunteers.
--
Mike Reid
Wasdale-Thames path-London-Photos "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" <-- you can email us@ this site
Eat-walk-Spain "http://www.fell-walker.co.uk" <-- dontuse@ all, it's a spamtrap

Following up to Deep Foiled Malls

> Isn't northern Italy big on butter and
>>dairy, and the south uses olive oil?

>Erm... no, the north is bigger on olive oil that butter. True they use
>butter here, but olive oil is far more common.

but butter come into play in the north, as it does in Spain.
--

On 11 Apr 2005 17:48:50 +0200, Emilia <[email protected]> wrote:

>Deep Foiled Malls <deepfreudmoors@eITmISaACTUALLYiREAL!l.nu> wrote in
>news:[email protected]:
>
>> On 10 Apr 2005 17:29:08 -0700, "Louis Cohen" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Like China, wheat and spuds in cooler places, rice in warmer climates.
>>>You'll find climate-based food differences in any country large enough
>>>to have different climates. Isn't northern Italy big on butter and
>>>dairy, and the south uses olive oil?

>> Erm... no, the north is bigger on olive oil that butter. True they use
>> butter here, but olive oil is far more common.

>Now you will find olive oil more common but traditionally butter is what
>would have be used.

How do I find that?
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com

On 12 Apr 2005 13:11:40 +0200, Emilia <[email protected]> wrote:

>Deep Foiled Malls <deepfreudmoors@eITmISaACTUALLYiREAL!l.nu> wrote in
>news:[email protected]:
>
>> On 11 Apr 2005 17:48:50 +0200, Emilia <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Deep Foiled Malls <deepfreudmoors@eITmISaACTUALLYiREAL!l.nu> wrote in
>>>news:[email protected]:

>>>Now you will find olive oil more common but traditionally butter is what
>>>would have be used.

>> How do I find that?

>What do you mean "how do I find that" ?
>
>Find some italian grandmas and ask them to teach you to cook.

I know what I meant, but the brain to usenet device failed somewhere.
--
---