Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

European team kit - size conversions

Started by samwell · · Last activity · 5 posts · 1,401 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
3 September 2006
Last activity
4 September 2006
Original author
samwell
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,401
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi,

    I was wondering if anyone had a reliable size conversion guide for the European cycling kit (size 1-8) to Aussie sizes. I am normally a size L top and 36 waist. I tried on some European team knicks and a jersey in a shop yesterday and I was an XXL top and XL knicks but I'm not sure how this converts. I am keen to buy some gear from probikekit as it is that much cheaper than buying it here (although I do feel a bit guilty about not aupporting the locals.....) If anyone can help that would be great!!

    Cheers,

    Sam

  2. samwell said:

    Hi,

    I was wondering if anyone had a reliable size conversion guide for the European cycling kit (size 1-8) to Aussie sizes. I am normally a size L top and 36 waist. I tried on some European team knicks and a jersey in a shop yesterday and I was an XXL top and XL knicks but I'm not sure how this converts. I am keen to buy some gear from probikekit as it is that much cheaper than buying it here (although I do feel a bit guilty about not aupporting the locals.....) If anyone can help that would be great!!

    Cheers,

    Sam

    Probikekit seem to size things based on their own criteria, they don't appear to follow the standard European sizings. They give you the measurements (in inches) for their sizes and you choose based on that. For example, my husband ordered some bibs from probikekit, which were Size 6 according to the probikekit size chart, the label on the back of the bibs says XXL. Hubby is a men's medium in Australian sizings. In reality, he probably could have gone 1 or 2 sizes smaller on the bibs, but these things are hard to judge over the internet.

  3. matagi said:

    For example, my husband ordered some bibs from probikekit, which were Size 6 according to the probikekit size chart, the label on the back of the bibs says XXL.


    That is correct... Size 6 = XXL

  4. samwell said:

    Hi,

    I was wondering if anyone had a reliable size conversion guide for the European cycling kit (size 1-8) to Aussie sizes. I am normally a size L top and 36 waist. I tried on some European team knicks and a jersey in a shop yesterday and I was an XXL top and XL knicks but I'm not sure how this converts. I am keen to buy some gear from probikekit as it is that much cheaper than buying it here (although I do feel a bit guilty about not aupporting the locals.....) If anyone can help that would be great!!

    Cheers,

    Sam

    Be careful of probikekit sizing

    I am generally a medium top. 37/38 chest. Recently followed pbk size chart and chose size 5 in a team jersey......it arrived size XL and way too big. Had to send it back and ordered 2 sizes smaller. Same thing happened with some underwear.

    annoying

  5. samwell said:

    Hi,

    I was wondering if anyone had a reliable size conversion guide for the European cycling kit (size 1-8) to Aussie sizes. I am normally a size L top and 36 waist. I tried on some European team knicks and a jersey in a shop yesterday and I was an XXL top and XL knicks but I'm not sure how this converts. I am keen to buy some gear from probikekit as it is that much cheaper than buying it here (although I do feel a bit guilty about not aupporting the locals.....) If anyone can help that would be great!!

    Cheers,

    Sam


    Hi Sam,

    I think we've all had similar experiences with buying online and sizing. There is a sure fire way to get the sizing right for the jersey at least.

    Pull out your best fitting jersey, lay it flat, measure from arm pit to armpit and then collar to tail. If you send these measurements to pro bike kit customer service they will check and get back to you.

    For the knicks I find measuring the leg unstretched again will help, but this is not a dead certainty like the jersey.

    Good Luck

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.