Eurosport commentry - ongoing analogue ****-up

Mikebam

Guest
Emailed Eurosport about the commentry changes - tennis on the cycling, different tennis match
commentry etc and received the following reply:-

"We also use this satellite for production feeds, these are not aimed at viewers and the audio feeds
will change frequently.

It is not the aim of Eurosport to provide free to air programming outside of the German market
and although this analogue feed continues, there will not be an English language free to air
digital feed.

Eurosport is a pay channel available on all satellite platforms and nearly all cable operators.

Please contact your local distributor directly

Best regards Frédérique Commentary Co-ordination [email protected] "

"kaaaaaaaay"????????????????

I take this to mean that there will be no more David Duffield unless by coincidence, British
Eurosport(digital) is showing the same programme. This is not an exact match because they seem to be
transmitting the digital sound about 5 seconds behind the analogue picture. I've a horrible feeling
I'll be watching the Le Tour with either the sound off or brushing up my schoolboy German for the
interviews etc. I've fallen out with SKY because of their insistance on "direct debit" - or pay an
extra premium for other methods of payment - so any ideas about overcoming this situation?

regards Mike

"mikebam" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Emailed Eurosport about the commentry changes - tennis on the cycling, different tennis match
> commentry etc and received the following reply:-
>
> "We also use this satellite for production feeds, these are not aimed at viewers and the audio
> feeds will change frequently.
>
> It is not the aim of Eurosport to provide free to air programming outside
of
> the German market and although this analogue feed continues, there will
not
> be an English language free to air digital feed.
>
> Eurosport is a pay channel available on all satellite platforms and nearly all cable operators.
>
> Please contact your local distributor directly
>
> Best regards Frédérique Commentary Co-ordination [email protected] "
>
> "kaaaaaaaay"????????????????
>
> I take this to mean that there will be no more David Duffield unless by coincidence, British
> Eurosport(digital) is showing the same programme. This is not an exact match because they seem to
> be transmitting the
digital
> sound about 5 seconds behind the analogue picture. I've a horrible
feeling
> I'll be watching the Le Tour with either the sound off or brushing up my schoolboy German for the
> interviews etc. I've fallen out with SKY because of their insistance on "direct debit" - or pay an
> extra premium for other methods of payment - so any ideas about overcoming this situation?
>
> regards Mike

No more David?? Time to dump the analog stuff and spend more time on the bike I think cos I ain't
gittin' no digital stuff.

Cheers, Geoff

mikebam wrote:

[snip]

> I take this to mean that there will be no more David Duffield unless by coincidence, British
> Eurosport(digital) is showing the same programme. This is not an exact match because they seem to
> be transmitting the digital sound about 5 seconds behind the analogue picture. I've a horrible
> feeling I'll be watching the Le Tour with either the sound off or brushing up my schoolboy German
> for the interviews etc. I've fallen out with SKY because of their insistance on "direct debit" -
> or pay an extra premium for other methods of payment - so any ideas about overcoming this
> situation?

Well, Duffers keeps reminding us that there are some 90 million Eurosport viewers, many of whom --
although outside of the UK -- still prefer an English commentary to a German or whatever, so I
suspect that Eurosport International won't be depriving us of Duffers but we may all need to invest
in TIVO-like technology to interpose the necessary delay !!!

** Phil.

Welcome to the world of Blair, Murdoch & Berlosconi ....and which country falls for the
horsefeathers ??? the UK!! As long as people are prepared to pay for poor service that's what we'll
get... There's is a bill going through parliament soon which will allow Murdoch to take over more of
the airwaves. RAI scrambles outside the homeland and we get poorer and poorer FTA in the UK..