Eurosport coverage

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Darren S., Jul 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darren S.

Darren S. Guest

Is it just me, or is their coverage *really* vague? I've been listening for 15 minutes, and
    absolutely nothing about where the riders are, how close they're getting to the first big climb, or
    much else about the peloton.

Sean Kelly is interesting to listen to (never heard him before), but I've got to give my vote to
    Phil & Paul. Sean is talking about Christmas right now.. lol. Maybe they'll pick it up later in
    the stage.

D.

---
    Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
    Version: 6.0.501 / Virus Database: 299 - Release Date: 7/14/2003

Tags:

2. Darren S.

Darren S. Guest

"Darren S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Is it just me, or is their coverage *really* vague? I've been listening
    for
    > 15 minutes, and absolutely nothing about where the riders are, how close they're getting to the
    > first big climb, or much else about the peloton.
    >
    > Sean Kelly is interesting to listen to (never heard him before), but I've got to give my vote to
    > Phil & Paul. Sean is talking about Christmas right now.. lol. Maybe they'll pick it up later in
    > the stage.

Wait a minute.. finally! 107km to go, break is 7min ahead, Rubiera and Friere (sp?) are in
    the break.

D.

> D.
    >
    >
    > ---
    > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
    > Version: 6.0.501 / Virus Database: 299 - Release Date: 7/14/2003
    >
    >

---
    Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

3. User968758

User968758 Guest

why aren't you watching it?

4. Darren S.

Darren S. Guest

"User968758" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > why aren't you watching it?

I'm in the US listening on eurosport.com. Can I get streaming video on the web?

D.

---

5. David Ryan

David Ryan Guest

"Darren S." wrote:
    >
    > "User968758" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > why aren't you watching it?
    >
    > I'm in the US listening on eurosport.com. Can I get streaming video on the web?
    >
    > D.

He figures everybody has OLN. If you do and didn't know it started at 8, well, too bad.

6. Darren S.

Darren S. Guest

"User968758" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > It's on TV -- OLN -- started at 8 EST

Ack, Thanks! I'm on the west coast, and their site makes it look like PT coverage begins at 9AM!

D.

---

7. Arthg

Arthg Guest

You can understand Sean Kelley?

> Is it just me, or is their coverage *really* vague? I've been listening
    for
    > 15 minutes, and absolutely nothing about where the riders are, how close they're getting to the
    > first big climb, or much else about the peloton.
    >
    > Sean Kelly is interesting to listen to (never heard him before), but I've got to give my vote to
    > Phil & Paul. Sean is talking about Christmas right now.. lol. Maybe they'll pick it up later in
    > the stage.
    >
    > D.
    >
    >
    > ---
    > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
    > Version: 6.0.501 / Virus Database: 299 - Release Date: 7/14/2003
    >
    >

-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1
    Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

8. In <[email protected]>, Darren S. wrote:
    > Is it just me, or is their coverage *really* vague? I've been listening for 15 minutes, and
    > absolutely nothing about where the riders are, how close they're getting to the first big climb,
    > or much else about the peloton.

Eurosport on TV has different commentary for different countries. Maybe it is possible to listen to
    a different feed, if you speak some language other than English.

But my complaint today is about the visual coverage. In the final minute of today's live coverage
    they focused on Sastre's finish, which was boring and uncontested, while at the same time there
    was some thrilling racing going on that we couldn't see. I don't know how the technical side of
    that works (if there is a common "video pool" or not), but I would be surprised if they couldn't
    have switched to moto-cam for the Ullrich-Armstrong battle until the seconds before Sastre
    crossed the line.

But, Sastre's pacifier gesture was kind of funny, so it was nice to see that.

--
    Herbie J. Famous Curator

9. David Ryan

David Ryan Guest

Herbie Jurvanen wrote:
    >
    > In <[email protected]>, Darren S. wrote:
    > > Is it just me, or is their coverage *really* vague? I've been listening for 15 minutes, and
    > > absolutely nothing about where the riders are, how close they're getting to the first big climb,
    > > or much else about the peloton.
    >
    > Eurosport on TV has different commentary for different countries. Maybe it is possible to listen
    > to a different feed, if you speak some language other than English.
    >
    > But my complaint today is about the visual coverage. In the final minute of today's live coverage
    > they focused on Sastre's finish, which was boring and uncontested, while at the same time there
    > was some thrilling racing going on that we couldn't see. I don't know how the technical side of
    > that works (if there is a common "video pool" or not), but I would be surprised if they couldn't
    > have switched to moto-cam for the Ullrich-Armstrong battle until the seconds before Sastre crossed
    > the line.
    >
    > But, Sastre's pacifier gesture was kind of funny, so it was nice to see that.

Maybe they should learn to split-screen. That would heighten excitement in many cases.

10. Dan Gregory

Dan Gregory Guest

> I'm in the US listening on eurosport.com. Can I get streaming video on the web?
    Yes you need broadband & it'll cost you 1 euro per hour on www.letour.fr All the best Dan Gregory

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.