Eurus vs Ksyriums

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Bonznbikz, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonznbikz

Bonznbikz Guest

Has anybody had experience with the durability of Campy Eurus wheels vs Ksyriums? I have a set of
    Ventos that have served me well for years, but I'm thinking of buying a new set of "special" wheels
    just for the...well...just because. I have a set of handbuilt Open Pro 32 spoke wheels, so please
    don't divert this discussion to the relative merits of boutique vs handmade wheels (as all the
    threads I just read
    did).

Tags:

2. bonznbikz wrote:

> Has anybody had experience with the durability of Campy Eurus wheels vs Ksyriums? I have a set of
    > Ventos that have served me well for years, but I'm thinking of buying a new set of "special"
    > wheels just for the...well...just because. I have a set of handbuilt Open Pro 32 spoke wheels, so
    > please don't divert this discussion to the relative merits of boutique vs handmade wheels (as all
    > the threads I just read
    > did).

"Hi. I'd like you to tell me whether I should eat a plate of cow dung or a plate of horse dung.
    Please don't disdtract me by talking about chocolate mousse."

3. bonznbikz-<< Has anybody had experience with the durability of Campy Eurus wheels vs Ksyriums?

About equal I would say...and about the same chance of having small parts like spokes and rims in
    say, 3-4 years(small)..

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

4. H. M. Leary

H. M. Leary Guest

In article <[email protected]>,
    John Stevenson <[email protected]> wrote:

> bonznbikz wrote:
    >
    > > Has anybody had experience with the durability of Campy Eurus wheels vs Ksyriums? I have a set
    > > of Ventos that have served me well for years, but I'm thinking of buying a new set of "special"
    > > wheels just for the...well...just because. I have a set of handbuilt Open Pro 32 spoke wheels,
    > > so please don't divert this discussion to the relative merits of boutique vs handmade wheels (as
    > > all the threads I just read
    > > did).
    >
    > "Hi. I'd like you to tell me whether I should eat a plate of cow dung or a plate of horse dung.
    > Please don't disdtract me by talking about chocolate mousse."
    >

So THATS what veggemite is.

Thanks, mate

I have a pair of the Ksyriums. The LBS took 'em out of the box and trued them, dished them and
    stress relived them before he put them on the bike.

2 years of almost daily riding - so far so good.

--
    "Freedom Is a Light for Which Many Have Died in Darkness"

- Tomb of the unknown - American Revolution

5. Mgs

Mgs Guest

I've used them both.

Rode the K's for two years, never had a problem. Absolutely bulletproof. I weigh 175lbs. Driven in
    all roads and condition.s

Now with the Eurus for one season. No problems, absolutely without a flaw. Sold the K's with a bike.

I like the Eurus more for aesthetic reasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.