Evans leaves Silence-Lotto!

if vaughters can't convince contador to make the jump, i think he'd make their g.c. chance look much better.

Evans is good. There's no doubt about that but I guess I'm not the only one that thinks he lacks the killer instinct required to drop all and sundry on the really hard mountain stages of the Tour. He's never made it to the first real mountain stages looking near skeletal - more like Ulrich's pork-pie look. Too many pounds and not enough power.

I don't think that Contador will be with Astana much longer, if he is the he's only got his brother to blame, but I don't see Evans leaving Silence as being huge news. Same ****, different jersey.

that being said, evans' departure still makes for a surprise & interesting conversation. his leaving lotto makes this transfer season a bit more twisted and to contador's financial disadvantage making it a buyer's market for marquee gc riders where evans finishes second again. and if the latest rumours are near the truth, bmc would be an interesting place for evans to roost.

i started a new thread now that we know the team...i hope that was the right move?

I'm glad CE has left Lotto : I just hope he moves to a team that has better support.