Evans, reasons to dislike him

nns1400 said:
It's a bit of toss up your lunch...:rolleyes: :D
Kudos!

Between Kohl's teeth, Evans' eyebrows and voice, Schleck's ears, well it's a great combo. I think Evans' dog probably scores first.

nns1400 said:
It's a bit of toss up your lunch...:rolleyes: :D
I wonder where they recruit the podium chix? Kissing a bunch of guys clothed in urine and sweat soaked lycra is poor exchange for five minutes TV exposure.

Bit early for the Tall Poppy Syndrome isn't it Chunder? The guy hasn't even won yet.

I can't find a reason to dislike him, per se.

What I do dislike - if dislike is the correct word - is his action on the bike.

Re-watched Sunday stage to Prato Nevoso.
In the final 10 kms, it was noticeable how inefficient Cadels riding style is.
His position on the bike doesn't lend itself to maximum efficency and he appears to use up a lot of energy with too much upper body movement.

Compare Evans upper body movement, to the lack of body movement of Menchov, for example.
All that movement on Evans part must be consuming energy.
And at the end of a tough stage, each rider is looking to minimise energy output.

limerickman said:
I can't find a reason to dislike him, per se.

What I do dislike - if dislike is the correct word - is his action on the bike.

Re-watched Sunday stage to Prato Nevoso.
In the final 10 kms, it was noticeable how inefficient Cadels riding style is.
His position on the bike doesn't lend itself to maximum efficency and he appears to use up a lot of energy with too much upper body movement.

Compare Evans upper body movement, to the lack of body movement of Menchov, for example.
All that movement on Evans part must be consuming energy.
And at the end of a tough stage, each rider is looking to minimise energy output.
I think he could lose a few kilos with a Rasmussen like diet.

2 kilos would make a huge difference.

I think his position on the drops is pretty good but he is too low at the front when on the tops or the hoods. Needs to open himself up a bit and lift his stem a touch IMO so he isn't so restricted when climbing. His climbing position just looks extreme and uncomfortable. I reckon lifting the stem and bars a touch he'd be more comforable climbing, it would help is breathing and stop him pig rooting it so much, plus he wouldn't have to pull himself quite so far forward when getting out of the saddle to react to attacks.

Thylacine said:
Bit early for the Tall Poppy Syndrome isn't it Chunder? The guy hasn't even won yet.
Evans has a legitimate gripe wrt help. But there was only one team with multiple riders there CSC. Everyone else was doing work also.

Evans I think has enourmous talent. Could be the best clean rider. I think Mench is still getting blood transfusions. I think Sastre is clean. I dont think the other CSC riders are.

thunder said:
I think he could lose a few kilos with a Rasmussen like diet.

2 kilos would make a huge difference.

Evans isn't exactly overweight Thunder.

No doubt most cyclists - if they lose weight - find climbing easier.

I do think that Evans action makes doesn't make his climbing as efficient as it could be
(needless to ask he would destroy any of us.........but you get my point).

limerickman said:
Evans isn't exactly overweight Thunder.

No doubt most cyclists - if they lose weight - find climbing easier.

I do think that Evans action makes doesn't make his climbing as efficient as it could be
(needless to ask he would destroy any of us.........but you get my point).
whippet thin he is. I know. But like him thinner

throwin' a headbut

http://media.vrtnieuws.net/2008/07/193113768ONL0807222621036_wmvhi.wmv

thunder said:
throwin' a headbut

But everyone saw the throwing of one mere water bottle as evidence of 'roid rage with another rider who previously came up positive for testosterone. :rolleyes:

So, what's going on with this guy and his repeated temper tantrums and ***** slaps? Is it 'roid rage or just run of the mill anger management issues in this instance? :eek: :D

thunder said:
throwin' a headbut

I was going to be ok if he won, but now I hope his wussy little ass gets beat...by 1 second or less. I don't want him dominated, just one little second. It will hurt him so much more. What an absolute tool that whiny little wheelsucker is.

thoughtforfood said:
I was going to be ok if he won, but now I hope his wussy little ass gets beat...by 1 second or less. I don't want him dominated, just one little second. It will hurt him so much more. What an absolute tool that whiny little wheelsucker is.
What a complete ********. I'm surprised that he didn't get sanctioned for taking a swing at a Gendarme. If he did that in Aus he'd be facing criminal charges and a lifetime of speeding tickets. I've never been a big Cadel fan, but I started out backing him because it would be nice to have an Aussie GC winner. After witnessing his tantrums, I'll be seriously ****** off if he takes it. I hope CSC can deliver tomorrow.

hard boiled said:
What a complete ********. I'm surprised that he didn't get sanctioned for taking a swing at a Gendarme. If he did that in Aus he'd be facing criminal charges and a lifetime of speeding tickets. I've never been a big Cadel fan, but I started out backing him because it would be nice to have an Aussie GC winner. After witnessing his tantrums, I'll be seriously ****** off if he takes it. I hope CSC can deliver tomorrow.
Actually, when the tour started I was hoping he might win because I thought it would be cool to have an Aussie champ. Now, not him. I wish Rogers was around...and lucky. That guy has had **** luck for the last couple of years especially.

thoughtforfood said:
Actually, when the tour started I was hoping he might win because I thought it would be cool to have an Aussie champ. Now, not him. I wish Rogers was around...and lucky. That guy has had **** luck for the last couple of years especially.
Yeah, Rogers is a gutsy rider too - not scared to chance an attack. I'd much sooner him as our first GC winner. I always thought Cadel was a big whiny girl, but I didn't figure he was such a ***** that he'd lose it completely under pressure.

thoughtforfood said:
I don't blame him for wheelsucking; he's playing to his strengths. It's the climbers' fault for not exploiting his weakness.

But he is an annoying, whinging little girl. I'm rooting for anyone but him. Cadel Evans is not what I want the world to think of when they think about cycling.

serpico7 said:
I don't blame him for wheelsucking; he's playing to his strengths. It's the climbers' fault for not exploiting his weakness.

But he is an annoying, whinging little girl. I'm rooting for anyone but him. Cadel Evans is not what I want the world to think of when they think about cycling.
I agree about him playing to his strengths, and this spring, he was animated in several races. I thought going in that he would be more aggressive. I just had no idea it would be only off the bike. I'd love to see him take a swing at someone and get popped in the mouth...hard.

I really had lost most of my dislike of him and his riding style a couple of weeks ago. I don't really dislike his riding style now, because he does ride with what he has, not what fans want him to have. I just cant stand smarmy little wusses like him in any context.

thunder said:
throwin' a headbut

**** that guy needs to spend all the money he makes at the tour on some PR, he is like a small child, if he carries on like this even his lions are going to leave him.

ad9898 said:
**** that guy needs to spend all the money he makes at the tour on some PR, he is like a small child, if he carries on like this even his lions are going to leave him.
I know, he's not even good at it. I mean, if you're going to be an ass to journalists, you have to go all the way, John McEnroe style, not like a spoiled three year old.

nns1400 said:
I know, he's not even good at it. I mean, if you're going to be an ass to journalists, you have to go all the way, John McEnroe style, not like a spoiled three year old.

Interesting contrast between the two. I always got the sense with McEnroe, that a lot of his carry on was controlled, calculated even. Evans seems anything but in control. Serge needs to have a few words, offer to headbut the next camera and settle his boss' nerves.

I'm sick of our cricket team winning everything and behaving like cocks. With a sport like cycling, I can still get behind an aussie but Cadel just thwarts my jingoism at every turn. Hell, the man makes Mckewan seem lovable!

I'm rooting for Carlos.