Evans, reasons to dislike him

mitosis said:
Depends on your interpretation.
I haven't heard him whine once. I've heard him explain how things weren't perfect and how things could be better.
If nothing else, the three against one thing was definitely whiny.

mitosis said:
There must be something to the guy if you can judge him by his wife.
Rupert Murdoch's missus is pretty easy on the eye as well.

mitosis said:
If Evans wins it will be because he took the least time to complete the race and you can criticise him all you like but I know who will have the last laugh.
If he wins and chucks another hilarious wobbly on the podium, that'll be some compensation.

This thread is hilarious.

Last year when McEwan was dominating the sprints, it was all 'McEwan Sucks' and 'McEwan always has excuses when he doesn't win' blah ******' blah. Now it's a McEwan love fest because he has 'attitude' compared to Evans?

How can anyone win against such well informed, hyper-critical armchair experts? :rolleyes:

Now we have potentially Evans being the first clean winner of the Tdf, in the most interesting and open TdF in years, and people are complaining because he doesn't match what a winner should be like?

He's angry at the end of a few stages, therefore he's on steriods?

He's not an attacking climber, therefore he's a a weak wheelsucker?

Get the **** off the grass.

:)

Actually, just to balance things out (You know, because everyone has such a great balanced view of things) Play this video.

"Tour de France - No Rest for Cadel"

No stuffed Lion, AND a sense of humour.

Actually he should've had the lion so he had something to stuff up the Belgian reporters' ****. It would've been.......fitting.

:D

Thylacine said:
Um, yeah . . . that was a joke . . . making fun of such theories from year's past. ;)

stevebaby said:
HMMMMM....Cadel's riding the Tour and has won 3 maillots jaune and you're sitting on your lardy **** in front of a computer.....
Get on your bike and beat him and you can criticize.
Otherwise....STFU.
So none of us who have never been head of an international pro cycling organization should criticize McQuaid. And no one who hasn't served as a head of state should criticize Bush, or any other head of state. I could go on, but I'm sure you see how ridiculous your argument is. So why don't you STFU.

Thylacine said:
This thread is hilarious.

Last year when McEwan was dominating the sprints, it was all 'McEwan Sucks' and 'McEwan always has excuses when he doesn't win' blah ******' blah. Now it's a McEwan love fest because he has 'attitude' compared to Evans?

How can anyone win against such well informed, hyper-critical armchair experts? :rolleyes:

Now we have potentially Evans being the first clean winner of the Tdf, in the most interesting and open TdF in years, and people are complaining because he doesn't match what a winner should be like?

He's not an attacking climber, therefore he's a a weak wheelsucker?

Get the **** off the grass.

:)
Nah, I've never knocked McEwan. And I was hoping for Cadel to win until the last few days. And I reckon he's clean. And I reckon he's a superb athlete. And I think his tactics are well chosen for his situation. I just don't like to see arseholes win.

hard boiled said:
Nah, I've never knocked McEwan. And I was hoping for Cadel to win until the last few days. And I reckon he's clean. And I reckon he's a superb athlete. And I think his tactics are well chosen for his situation. I just don't like to see arseholes win.
+1 because you hit the nail on the head.

mitosis said:
Depends on your interpretation.

I haven't heard him whine once. I've heard him explain how things weren't perfect and how things could be better.

He's not exactly expansive when interviewed but i'd rather someone say nothing than say something just for the sake of hearing their own voice.

There must be something to the guy if you can judge him by his wife.

Armstrong was a rude ***** for most of his career but he mellowed out. There's plenty of time for Evans to learn to cope with the media.

If Evans wins it will be because he took the least time to complete the race and you can criticise him all you like but I know who will have the last laugh.
Good post!!! And I hope he does have the last laugh!!

Scotttri said:
Good post!!! And I hope he does have the last laugh!!
Hahaha...If he wins and continues acting like he does, I think we'll all be getting plenty of laughs...:D

nns1400 said:
Hahaha...If he wins and continues acting like he does, I think we'll all be getting plenty of laughs...:D

MMM. Maybe it won't be so bad to see him win, the laughs might be worth it!

the aussies on here ditching Cadel are a disgrace.

most reading this forum, and anyone who knows anything about cycling, already knows he's won one tour...off his own bat, and has now had to fight 8 men in this tour.
Throw in the fact he's been totally ripped off of about 30kms of timetrialling, no prologue and some tinpot 29km stage 4 TT, which would add up to 1.5-2minutes. Cant remember the last time so few TT km's were held...a scandal.

Not a single team mate has helped, he's never professed to being able to ride guys off his wheel...so why not mark time and win it how you know best. Sorry for being top 3 in every meaningful mountain dual.....and top 1-3 in every TT...apparently thats not good enough.
you all sound like my di.ckhead brother, idolisises Mig Indurain....never saw that guy win mountain stages by 5minutes and attack every half hour, he simply waited for the TT's to win it and he's universally respected.

pathetic bunch you lot, you wont find a tougher ******* than Cadel Evans....you should all fkn applaud and bow to the guy and be grateful and respectful you are the same nationality as him.

Ricardo29 said:

most reading this forum, and anyone who knows anything about cycling, already knows he's won one tour...off his own bat, and has now had to fight 8 men in this tour.
Throw in the fact he's been totally ripped off of about 30kms of timetrialling, no prologue and some tinpot 29km stage 4 TT, which would add up to 1.5-2minutes. Cant remember the last time so few TT km's were held...a scandal.

Not a single team mate has helped, he's never professed to being able to ride guys off his wheel...so why not mark time and win it how you know best. Sorry for being top 3 in every meaningful mountain dual.....and top 1-3 in every TT...apparently thats not good enough.
you all sound like my di.ckhead brother, idolisises Mig Indurain....never saw that guy win mountain stages by 5minutes and attack every half hour, he simply waited for the TT's to win it and he's universally respected.

pathetic bunch you lot, you wont find a tougher ******* than Cadel Evans....you should all fkn applaud and bow to the guy and be grateful and respectful you are the same nationality as him.
You do know that most of the posters in this forum aren't Aussies...
confused.gif

applies to those that arent either. (just remove the nationality component of my spray, same meaning applies).

Crankyfeet said:
You do know that most of the posters in this forum aren't Aussies...
confused.gif
Like that's not half obvious. If Evans was a Seppo, everyone here would be licking his **** and calling him the second coming.

Thylacine said:
Like that's not half obvious. If Evans was a Seppo, everyone here would be licking his **** and calling him the second coming.
Not sure I entirely agree with that. Most of the Americans here are not Armstrong, Leipheimer, or even Hincapie supporters. And they make fun of Tommy Danielson. I don't see them showing any biased support for Vande Velde... or the two "American" teams (though they are American in legal domecile only really).

It is noticeable that whether or not one is an Aussie...is a fair indicator of whether one is a Cadel supporter or not.

Crankyfeet said:
It is noticeable that whether or not one is an Aussie...is a fair indicator of whether one is a Cadel supporter or not.
I'm a Scot and I'd like to see Cadel win. I think he's done a great job considering he's been riding on his own through the mountains. Imagine the position he'd be in if tables were turned and he swapped teammates with Sastre. He did a great job on the Alpe yesterday, when he was effectively riding against all the other main contenders combined. If (and it's still if) he wins he'll be in a position to demand better support for next year's race - and he's going to need it.

One thing is for sure, for once I will be looking forward to watching the Tour's final TT.

Ricardo29 said:
What a load of cobblers. I guess you are one of those flag waving drools who automatically hero-worships any compatriot who achieves sporting success.

hard boiled said:
What a load of cobblers. I guess you are one of those flag waving drools who automatically hero-worships any compatriot who achieves sporting success.
+1 for jingoism criticism

Thylacine said:
ghey salad-tossing Seppos +1