Evans, reasons to dislike him

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by thunder, Jul 21, 2008.

1. hard boiled

hard boiled New Member

If nothing else, the three against one thing was definitely whiny.

Rupert Murdoch's missus is pretty easy on the eye as well.

If he wins and chucks another hilarious wobbly on the podium, that'll be some compensation.

2. Thylacine

Thylacine Member

This thread is hilarious.

Last year when McEwan was dominating the sprints, it was all 'McEwan Sucks' and 'McEwan always has excuses when he doesn't win' blah fuckin' blah. Now it's a McEwan love fest because he has 'attitude' compared to Evans?

How can anyone win against such well informed, hyper-critical armchair experts? :rolleyes:

Now we have potentially Evans being the first clean winner of the Tdf, in the most interesting and open TdF in years, and people are complaining because he doesn't match what a winner should be like?

He's angry at the end of a few stages, therefore he's on steriods?

He's not an attacking climber, therefore he's a a weak wheelsucker?

Get the fuck off the grass.

:)

3. Thylacine

Thylacine Member

Actually, just to balance things out (You know, because everyone has such a great balanced view of things) Play this video.

"Tour de France - No Rest for Cadel"

No stuffed Lion, AND a sense of humour.

Actually he should've had the lion so he had something to stuff up the Belgian reporters' arse. It would've been.......fitting.

:D

4. C'dale Girl

C'dale Girl New Member

Um, yeah . . . that was a joke . . . making fun of such theories from year's past. ;)

5. serpico7

serpico7 New Member

So none of us who have never been head of an international pro cycling organization should criticize McQuaid. And no one who hasn't served as a head of state should criticize Bush, or any other head of state. I could go on, but I'm sure you see how ridiculous your argument is. So why don't you STFU.

6. hard boiled

hard boiled New Member

Nah, I've never knocked McEwan. And I was hoping for Cadel to win until the last few days. And I reckon he's clean. And I reckon he's a superb athlete. And I think his tactics are well chosen for his situation. I just don't like to see arseholes win.

7. thoughtforfood

thoughtforfood New Member

+1 because you hit the nail on the head.

8. Scotttri

Scotttri Member

Good post!!! And I hope he does have the last laugh!!

9. nns1400

nns1400 New Member

Hahaha...If he wins and continues acting like he does, I think we'll all be getting plenty of laughs...:D
    [​IMG]

10. missile

missile New Member

MMM. Maybe it won't be so bad to see him win, the laughs might be worth it!

11. Ricardo29

Ricardo29 New Member

the aussies on here ditching Cadel are a disgrace.

most reading this forum, and anyone who knows anything about cycling, already knows he's won one tour...off his own bat, and has now had to fight 8 men in this tour.
    Throw in the fact he's been totally ripped off of about 30kms of timetrialling, no prologue and some tinpot 29km stage 4 TT, which would add up to 1.5-2minutes. Cant remember the last time so few TT km's were held...a scandal.

Not a single team mate has helped, he's never professed to being able to ride guys off his wheel...so why not mark time and win it how you know best. Sorry for being top 3 in every meaningful mountain dual.....and top 1-3 in every TT...apparently thats not good enough.
    you all sound like my di.ckhead brother, idolisises Mig Indurain....never saw that guy win mountain stages by 5minutes and attack every half hour, he simply waited for the TT's to win it and he's universally respected.

pathetic bunch you lot, you wont find a tougher bastard than Cadel Evans....you should all fkn applaud and bow to the guy and be grateful and respectful you are the same nationality as him.

12. Crankyfeet

Crankyfeet New Member

You do know that most of the posters in this forum aren't Aussies...[​IMG]

13. Ricardo29

Ricardo29 New Member

applies to those that arent either. (just remove the nationality component of my spray, same meaning applies).

14. Thylacine

Thylacine Member

Like that's not half obvious. If Evans was a Seppo, everyone here would be licking his arse and calling him the second coming.

15. Crankyfeet

Crankyfeet New Member

Not sure I entirely agree with that. Most of the Americans here are not Armstrong, Leipheimer, or even Hincapie supporters. And they make fun of Tommy Danielson. I don't see them showing any biased support for Vande Velde... or the two "American" teams (though they are American in legal domecile only really).

It is noticeable that whether or not one is an Aussie...is a fair indicator of whether one is a Cadel supporter or not.

16. Rolfrae

Rolfrae New Member

I'm a Scot and I'd like to see Cadel win. I think he's done a great job considering he's been riding on his own through the mountains. Imagine the position he'd be in if tables were turned and he swapped teammates with Sastre. He did a great job on the Alpe yesterday, when he was effectively riding against all the other main contenders combined. If (and it's still if) he wins he'll be in a position to demand better support for next year's race - and he's going to need it.

One thing is for sure, for once I will be looking forward to watching the Tour's final TT.

17. hard boiled

hard boiled New Member

What a load of cobblers. I guess you are one of those flag waving drools who automatically hero-worships any compatriot who achieves sporting success.

18. thunder

thunder New Member

+1 for jingoism criticism

19. thunder

thunder New Member

ghey salad-tossing Seppos +1

20. classic1

classic1 Well-Known Member

I don't know why but I roflmao'd at that last comment.