Evans, reasons to dislike him

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by thunder, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Jono L

Jono L Well-Known Member

That's because all youse seppo's are a miserable bunch.:p

2. mitosis

mitosis New Member

Try writing anything that suggests Armstrong was less than 10 times as good as the next guy or even hints that he took drugs and the avalanche of vitriole begins the moment you post.

When it comes to lacking objectivity, septics stand out like dogs balls.

3. Ricardo29

Ricardo29 New Member

""What a load of cobblers. I guess you are one of those flag waving drools who automatically hero-worships any compatriot who achieves sporting success.""

Not at all. Loving cycling as i do, ive watched him for 10 or so years and followed him all the time. I respect the guy and appreciate he's the best cyclist in the world. Who has fought drug cheats, an outstanding CSC team, and been totally ripped off in TT distance this year. The guys a fkn legend already i think, total heart and courage....how can you not respect that.....i guess thats what im complaining about overall.

4. TheDarkLord

TheDarkLord New Member

Riight. I suggest that you take a look at the threads on that topic - there have been a couple this year, and plenty last year. So you realize that you come across as no better than the people whom you are bashing?

5. serpico7

serpico7 New Member

+10

I'm an American, and last year, I was rooting for Vino and Rasmussen, not the Americans or the American team. This year, I'm rooting for the Russian. And in the Armstrong days, I was rooting for anyone but uni-ball.

Morons who are so blindly whipped into a nationalistic fervor are part of the reason we go to war so readily.

6. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

Cyclist as a whole are maligned and criticized in the sporting world these days.
    Cycling has taken a lot of crap lately and maybe it deserves it, but cyclist are generally not payed as well as the big boys in some other sport are but take as much crap if not more.
    I train on a bike and know a small fraction of what is like to go out day after day and have your a** seated on a narrow piece of toture for hours at a time.
    I have ridden category HC's and got my butt kicked. I can't imagine what it is like to go for three weeks day after day.
    On that I respect anyone that can prepare enough to ride this race and finish it.

7. nns1400

nns1400 New Member

I know why...it's because you're stupid...:D

8. nns1400

nns1400 New Member

Please stop begging for sex here...ghey salad-tossing Seppos just aren't that into you, okay?

9. nns1400

nns1400 New Member

So now Lance Armstrong is responsible for war? :p Tour season is sooo funny!

10. IH8LANCE

IH8LANCE New Member

In that case, who are you rooting for this year? I will make a lot of money betting against him.

11. serpico7

serpico7 New Member

Menchov, but my money is on Evans.

12. IH8LANCE

IH8LANCE New Member

Thanks!

13. mitosis

mitosis New Member

It seems like I've got under your skin mate. To use your words, Maybe you need to chill out a little, dude. LOL.

14. fscyclist

fscyclist New Member

I never really had anything against australians until I saw how adamantly they all defended Evans. Figured the whole lot must be like him....needless to say, not much respect for anything from that place anymore.

15. artemidorus

artemidorus New Member

I see that you are coming to a well-informed conclusion regarding Australia.

16. serpico7

serpico7 New Member

There are always going to be some like that, just like there are some diehard American Lance fans, who will never believe that uniball was doped to the gills. Or the French's love affair with Virenque (though the man did have some flair). I think plenty of them feel the same way about Evans' riding style as we do. It's just that some of the blindly nationalistic diehards are very vocal.

17. Thylacine

Thylacine Member

You forgot to add "That's how wars are started".

18. Hitchy

Hitchy New Member

ahhh yes, another typically 'informed' seppo comment!...you don't respect us?..fark no, well that's it...close the doors boys, turn off the lights...all line up & we'll go jump off a cliff...didn't ya hear?...some seppo doesn't respect us.....& after all the respect we typically hold that nation in?...I'm hurt!

19. Grater

Grater New Member

I'm in the minority.

20. Grater

Grater New Member

Evans is probably rooting his dog. That's why his attitude stinks.