Evans, reasons to dislike him

thunder

Jan 8, 2006
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fe79ZuDKfk

imo the 3 against 1 is a cop out.

3 v 1 if you are closing every attack, as I saw it, he never closed one attack, other riders closed the gaps. So, perhaps it is more psychological, it really does not matter who closes the gaps, you want a more even ride, less accelerations, more riding on wheels with others pacing.

Evans should quit whinging, if he does not show the chops in the mtns, any "helper" he would get for the mtns, will be a potential challenger for GC, for overall.

The 3 against 1 says it all. If you consider yourself to be a champion, you should not be riding against 3 riders on one team. You should be clearly better in the mtns than atleast one of those 3, so you are 2 against 1 at worst.

Reasons to dislike..

1. Eyebrows
2. Squeaky voice
3. Passing of coconuts whilst riding uphill
4. Lion fetish
5. Not attacking

If Evans thinks about the lions on the slopes of the Alpe, I think he could win by...maybe 5 mins :D

JensCph said:
Lol, what a complete *****. At least Lance had some class.

I just find that odd...

The "cut off your head" comment didn't even have conviction - it had all the malice of someone asking "please pass the salt".

Weird.

Good thing his missus is on the Tour now, as he's in dire need of a root. You lot should be more sympathetic, as I'm sure it's a condition you are all very familiar with.

Evans grew up in Katherine, Northern Territory. That's 300 miles from the middle of nowhere. Population: eight thousand and something at last count. His ancestors settled there, probably to pan for gold and get lucky, not because they were lighting up the high society scene in Melbourne. The bushy eyebrows are necessary to help keep out of ones eyes, the 40 flies on your face at all times in that part of the country.

He's probably a very nice guy... but just lacking in a few deportment skills... and a tendency to strike out in anger erratically on occcasion.

He's a gutsy competitor though. Anyone with great.. but not extraordinary ability... who can carry the pressure of being favorite in the TdF... and the hopes of 25 million Australians... with what might be one of the worst supporting casts for a yellow jersey rider ever assembled... deserves some respect.

I personally think that the only ones disappointed that Cadel is not better looking in his appearance are women and gay guys.

JensCph said:
Lol, what a complete *****. At least Lance had some class.

BWHAHAHAHAHA...funniest thing I've heard today!...Oh, wait, I haven't read any of 'grater's' pearls of wisdom yet...wait, I'll get back to ya......

Is the saying "Step on my dog and I'll cut your head off" some Australian slang or does he carry around one of those miniature Paris Hilton dogs?

Another strange clip on Evans. I think instead of a bodyguard he should have hired a media handler. Jesse Jackson and he should stop talking about cutting things off when talking into a microphone.

I think his premise is off too, as he didn't react to moves by Andy Schleck or Sastre, and only reacted when Frank moved. I think Menchov covered more moves than anyone else.

If Lotto had wanted Cadel to keep the jersey, it should have had someone in the break who could have soft pedaled up the final climb while waiting for Cadel. I think strategically that losing the yellow was the best result for Lotto.

maybe, just maybe he didn't react because he couldn't ride any faster. just because he couldn't accelerate with some of the best climbers in the world doesn't mean he sucks.

cheapie said:
maybe, just maybe he didn't react because he couldn't ride any faster. just because he couldn't accelerate with some of the best climbers in the world doesn't mean he sucks.
No, he sucks because he is such a tool...

jimmypop said:
I'm quoting this as evidence of your high-level discourse.
Sweetie, you are sooo cute with your little troll snipets. I really wish you were better at it so I could really dig into your ignorance.

HTML:
He's a gutsy competitor though. Anyone with great.. but not extraordinary ability... who can carry the pressure of being favorite in the TdF

Agreed. I like him a little better this time around, but I just can't "like" the guy. He held his own yesterday considering he was on his own.

classic1 said:
Good thing his missus is on the Tour now, as he's in dire need of a root. You lot should be more sympathetic, as I'm sure it's a condition you are all very familiar with.
hahaha

ill pay that one

thunder said:
Cadel's whining is really irritating, and sounds much like his whining last year about Contador/Levi. Did anyone hear Kohl, Menchov or Vande Velde *****ing about going against 3 CSC riders? Genuine question; I'm wondering if it's just Cadel.

And another thing, what does his *****ing about 3 against 1 imply about Menchov, Kohl and VV? They're just scenery?

I'm rooting for Menchov. Showed some heart on Stage 15 - attacking, and then grinding it out after his fall (where it didn't seem that the others waited for him).

Speaking of "3 against 1," wtf happened to Popovych when they got to the final climb? Did he get ditched on the cat 3 climb?

huboon said:
Speaking of "3 against 1," wtf happened to Popovych when they got to the final climb? Did he get ditched on the cat 3 climb?
Forget about Popo IMO. Either he relied on the Disco juice... or more likely... he isn't happy riding for Cadel at Silence-Lotto.