Evans to win Vuelta??

Bro Deal

Jun 26, 2006
The Spanish riders will be back on the program after the Tour, but Evans has a good chance if he can maintain form.

Might be a tough ask after his efforts at the TDF, I think he'll still do pretty well.

Trev_S said:
Might be a tough ask after his efforts at the TDF, I think he'll still do pretty well.
You are privy to his medical programs then?

If not---you're just guessing.

Grand Tour winners cannot be predicted w/o a fix on the medical program and sponsor (underwriter) protection.

If Rogers shoulder is good then he might be a good shot for the Vuelta.
I reckon he should forget the world TT's as a focus and aim for the Vuelta, after all he already has 3 world TT champs under his belt.

I'm hoping that Sastre will finally win a grand tour. He's been close so many times. Until Evans announced he was starting, it looked pretty good. But it's over 70 km of time-trialing this year, and Sastre will lose more time to Evans on the TTs than he will gain in the mountains.

Bro Deal said:
The Spanish riders will be back on the program after the Tour, but Evans has a good chance if he can maintain form.

He's dropping out after 10 days..... he is using it as prep for the WC's.....

Rogers. "I'll do the first ten days of the Vuelta (Tour of Spain) and then it depends on the birth of our twins because they're due around the same day as the time trial."

lucybears said:
Rogers. "I'll do the first ten days of the Vuelta (Tour of Spain) and then it depends on the birth of our twins because they're due around the same day as the time trial."

I was actually talking about Evans but looks like they are both dropping after 10 days.....

whiteboytrash said:
I was actually talking about Evans but looks like they are both dropping after 10 days.....
:mad:

So who is the favorite for the Vuelta?

Sastre
Menchov
Devolder
Gil
Gomez
Tomy "Sniveler" D.

Bro Deal said:
:mad:

So who is the favorite for the Vuelta?

Sastre
Menchov
Devolder
Gil
Gomez
Tomy "Sniveler" D.
Evans will ride it all if he has a chance at scoring big Protour points.

He and Predictor are eyeing off the Protour title.

thunder said:
Evans will ride it all if he has a chance at scoring big Protour points.

He and Predictor are eyeing off the Protour title.
I also think he will ride it all. Predictor-Lotto skipped McEwen from the roster because Evans wanted a team to help him in the mountains....

cyclingheroes said:
I also think he will ride it all. Predictor-Lotto skipped McEwen from the roster because Evans wanted a team to help him in the mountains....
I think it will be between Sammy Sanchez, Evans, Sastre.