Even the Canadians hate us!

MountainPro said:
football...?

thats not football, this is football. http://www.fifa.com/en/index.html

(note the use of the word 'internationale')

its okay, i'll forgive you this time.

Well it's good enough to entertain us poor old rednecks.
Did you ever take time to look at some of our cheerleaders and pom-pom girls on the side lines?
Theres more to American Football that mouth smashing and leg breaking.
Each to his own though.

jhuskey said:
Well it's good enough to entertain us poor old rednecks.
Did you ever take time to look at some of our cheerleaders and pom-pom girls on the side lines?
Theres more to American Football that mouth smashing and leg breaking.
Each to his own though.
Yep, youre right...your game also has culture. I want dumb blondes in our sports too.

Has a game of American football ever been won or lost due to a team of cheerleader sucking? I mean 'sucking' in the merkian way, i.e. being bad at stuff or not doing thier cheering properly or with enough vigour?

Why is is that in jolly merkian land that you use the word 'suck' to represent something that is bad. For instance, "My job really sucks."

If you ask me it should be used to describe something that is good....really really good.

MountainPro said:
Yep, youre right...your game also has culture. I want dumb blondes in our sports too.

Has a game of American football ever been won or lost due to a team of cheerleader sucking? I mean 'sucking' in the merkian way, i.e. being bad at stuff or not doing thier cheering properly or with enough vigour?

Why is is that in jolly merkian land that you use the word 'suck' to represent something that is bad. For instance, "My job really sucks."

If you ask me it should be used to describe something that is good....really really good.

Brunettes are nice too,with large breasts. Can't make me feel bad about the sex in sports.
As far as phrases there are some that irritate me also but I tend to ignore them.
Let's face it the language is an exercise in contradiction. We drive on parkways and park on driveways.
We polish our Polish furniture.
I imagine the use of "suck" grew out of a homosexual conotation,as in you suck the same sex , therefore you are bad.
Of course that is just a guess on it's origin.

jhuskey said:
Brunettes are nice too,with large breasts. Can't make me feel bad about the sex in sports.
As far as phrases there are some that irritate me also but I tend to ignore them.
Let's face it the language is an exercise in contradiction. We drive on parkways and park on driveways.
We polish our Polish furniture.
I imagine the use of "suck" grew out of a homosexual conotation,as in you suck the same sex , therefore you are bad.
Of course that is just a guess on it's origin.
A very Freudian post indeed, are you getting enough?
'Suck', anything to do with sucking lemons?

FredC said:
A very Freudian post indeed, are you getting enough?
'Suck', anything to do with sucking lemons?

"Are you getting enough"? Another catch phrase. The sucking of lemons is generally done when drinking Tequila,otherwise is thought to be an unpleasant experience so that may too have a basis in the phrase origin.

jhuskey said:
"Are you getting enough"? Another catch phrase. The sucking of lemons is generally done when drinking Tequila,otherwise is thought to be an unpleasant experience so that may too have a basis in the phrase origin.
I'm always puzzled by the phrases "that blows" and "that sucks" both meaning "that is bad".

MountainPro said:

You're just jealous cause our cheerleaders have nicer skirts than the ones you wear. However, it sounds like you enjoy sucking....

zapper said:
You're just jealous cause our cheerleaders have nicer skirts than the ones you wear. However, it sounds like you enjoy sucking....
once you grow up and stop sparring whith children on this board, you may one day discover girls. Then this will make a whole lot of sense. Until then please stick to your Superman comics.

MountainPro said:
once you grow up and stop sparring whith children on this board, you may one day discover girls. Then this will make a whole lot of sense. Until then please stick to your Superman comics.
Sorry, didn't realize you were a child too....Guess I really did make my point earlier. Sorry scotty....

MountainPro said:
Hold on, youre making fun of the fact i am Scottish...

carry on..
Nope, I just thought you were a trekkie..I would have even wrote to you in "vulcan" but since you're an "English" major, I refrained.. :rolleyes:

zapper said:
Absolute racist comment from you insulting the traditional way of dressing in any part of the world of the Scotsmen. You were feckin' pleased that they turned up in Fallujah to show you dickheads how you communicate with the locals. You violate their right to freedom and expression being insulted by your type who try to impose on the world the scruffy attire of jeans and trainers from Murkia (by the minute). All Made in the Third world with child labour. Hey we don't care if girls want to wear a hijab at school. Now just stay where you are 4000 miles away. Europe is stronger than your lot in many ways, America is folding up like a cheap pair of $5 pants.

FredC said:
Absolute racist comment from you insulting the traditional way of dressing in any part of the world of the Scotsmen..
Yes, making fun of ones history, culture and tradition though ignorance is racism indeed.

I personally have utterly no control my countries history but i am glad that unlike the US it isnt founded on ethic cleansing and the genocide of the indigenous population.

The kilt may not appeal to most people senses but just ask the ladies. They love a man in a kilt. I should know. Until you wear one you will never know.

zapper said:
Nope, I just thought you were a trekkie..I would have even wrote to you in "vulcan" but since you're an "English" major, I refrained.. :rolleyes:
A trekkie?

No, i am not a fan of the particular programme. What gave you that idea?

FredC said:
Absolute racist comment from you insulting the traditional way of dressing in any part of the world of the Scotsmen.
That’s your conscience talking Flintstone...He just seemed light in the loafers...how do you know that my comment was aimed at the Scottish historic garb? But this comment racist?? Fred did you overdose on Geratol today??

"Originally Posted by MountainPro
Thats why these people go to NASCAR, you dont want to over stimulate those pea-brains. Cars driving in a circle is already an intense concept for those slack jaws."

"Why is it that the people who live in Western Europe seems to have moved on with thier lives but the ones in Yankie land seem to have regressed into a blethering mess? Sitting about marrying thier sisters, listening to Dolly Parton and watching nascar drunk of home-hade hooch.....

in a word....inbreeding."

"Originally Posted by Limerickman
Inbreeding - you're absolutely right, especially down south.
Terrible it is."

"Originally Posted by MountainPro"
you have to remember that although going round in circles 'ad infinitum' would be hideously tedious in the extreme to any normal person, we are dealing with bible thumping, drunk, sister marrying, rednecks. NASCAR is the height of sport down there where tractor racing, donkey riding and pig chasing is the norm. Its a big event when thier neighbour gets thier chickens out for a wrestling match. This is class stuff. Flea eating and **** kicking are also popular 'sports' as is banjo flying, 'who can eat the most pie' competition, and whos daughter can shave the local slack jaw in the fastest time.

:confused: :confused: ....and Fred, you think the skirt comment was racist??? LOL...excuse me while I gather my composure...

Now just stay where you are 4000 miles away. Europe is stronger than your lot in many ways, America is folding up like a cheap pair of $5 pants.
Easy Fred....you are too hold to get so excited...Funny..you are comparing continent to country..You must have went to the same school as lim....Priceless! Keep it coming Fred...Keep it coming...hahaha

MountainPro said:
Yes, making fun of ones history, culture and tradition though ignorance is racism indeed.
Hey bulkhead, take a look at post #157. If you want a definition of racist moronic comments read your own words. Second, just cause I said you wore a skirt, isn't proof positive that I was referrin to your history chum. More likely you manhood or lack there of. So, before you go saying that those from the south marry their own kind, you might want to think again goober.

I personally have utterly no control my countries history but i am glad that unlike the US it isnt founded on ethic cleansing and the genocide of the indigenous population.
Interesting you should bring this up. Yes, I agree. What was done to the American Indian was a travesty. No arguments there. Its one of those things I wish we could take back...But we can't. However, chum, the Scots are often credited with being the forerunners of the western migration of America. Gee, I wonder who they had to push out of the way...Oh, the American Indian. So, whilst you are pointing thy finger over here, you can also point it back at yourself. By 1790 there were about 260,000 of your ancestors here. Some settled in Kentucky, Tennessee and North Carolina...Wonder it they are the NASCAR watchin individuals you speak of that have been "inbreeding" ???

The kilt may not appeal to most people senses but just ask the ladies. They love a man in a kilt. I should know. Until you wear one you will never know.
Learn your own history pal. YOU guys did not exclusively come up with this garment, seems you had some help from your momma...England!

zapper said:
Hey bulkhead, take a look at post #157. If you want a definition of racist moronic comments read your own words. Second, just cause I said you wore a skirt, isn't proof positive that I was referrin to your history chum. More likely you manhood or lack there of. So, before you go saying that those from the south marry their own kind, you might want to think again goober.

Interesting you should bring this up. Yes, I agree. What was done to the American Indian was a travesty. No arguments there. Its one of those things I wish we could take back...But we can't. However, chum, the Scots are often credited with being the forerunners of the western migration of America. Gee, I wonder who they had to push out of the way...Oh, the American Indian. So, whilst you are pointing thy finger over here, you can also point it back at yourself. By 1790 there were about 260,000 of your ancestors here. Some settled in Kentucky, Tennessee and North Carolina...Wonder it they are the NASCAR watchin individuals you speak of that have been "inbreeding" ???

Learn your own history pal. YOU guys did not exclusively come up with this garment, seems you had some help from your momma...England!
jeezuz, you need to take a chill pill and wipe the saliva from your screen.

The southerners i referred to isnt concerning the historical tradition of your country. Get it right.

My lack of manhood? How would you know? and why are you so interested in my manhood?

As for Scots being the forefathers of your brainless NASCAR fan, i have addressed this point previously. Inbreeding is the cause of NASCAR. That is something they developed once they left Scotland. Southerners are famous for thier sister marrying antics, its not one of our tricks.

The Highland Kilt is exculsively Scottish in its history and development. The Kilt as a garment was worn throught western Europe for centuries. Whats your point on this?

MountainPro said:
jeezuz, you need to take a chill pill and wipe the saliva from your screen.
I am chillin...

The southerners i referred to isnt concerning the historical tradition of your country. Get it right.
Part of my history...I'm from the south knucklehead.

My lack of manhood? How would you know? and why are you so interested in my manhood?
I'm not, you are the one infatuated with "sucking"...

As for Scots being the forefathers of your brainless NASCAR fan, i have addressed this point previously. Inbreeding is the cause of NASCAR. That is something they developed once they left Scotland. Southerners are famous for thier sister marrying antics, its not one of our tricks.
bla bla bla, bla bla bla...lame....

The Highland Kilt is exculsively Scottish in its history and development. The Kilt as a garment was worn throught western Europe for centuries. Whats your point on this?
Think again...you don't even know your own history?? Hint...Queen Victoria ;)