Even the Canadians hate us!

MountainPro said:
jeezuz, you need to take a chill pill and wipe the saliva from your screen.

The southerners i referred to isnt concerning the historical tradition of your country. Get it right.

My lack of manhood? How would you know? and why are you so interested in my manhood?

As for Scots being the forefathers of your brainless NASCAR fan, i have addressed this point previously. Inbreeding is the cause of NASCAR. That is something they developed once they left Scotland. Southerners are famous for thier sister marrying antics, its not one of our tricks.

The Highland Kilt is exculsively Scottish in its history and development. The Kilt as a garment was worn throught western Europe for centuries. Whats your point on this?

Just to interject a note I know of no one in my area that has married any close relations, even a cousin let alone a sister.
Statistically the average IQ is higher in the south per-capita than any other part of the US.
You can look it up if you like.
Stereotyping serves no one.

By the way MP Scottish Highland games are held here every year with full traditional attire and competition.
The local high school football team are the highlanders.
No point to be made ,just a note of possible interest.

jhuskey said:
By the way MP Scottish Highland games are held here every year with full traditional attire and competition.
Yes, husk very interesting...The tartan kilt has long been the most recognisable cultural tradition of the Highland Scots. I believe they were on the wrong end of the stick concerning "ethnic cleansing" at the hands of England. As LIM would put it, the highland scotts were "cannon fodder" for years while English troops roamed the Scottish Highlands killing all who opposed them. I suspect many of them came to the U.S. either as deportees or escapees...

I also agree with your post concernig IQ...Must have something to do with the hog jowls or pigs feet that we consume... :rolleyes:

zapper said:
Think again...you don't even know your own history?? Hint...Queen Victoria ;)
before you carry on this futile path can i just point out that the plaid has been worn in Scotland 300 years before the birth of Queen Vic. She didnt 'come up with' the kilt as you put it. She has many, many connections with Scotland as she loved the country and its people but the kilt isnt one of her inventions.

JHuskey, yes the Highland games are held all over the world, USA, Canada, New Zealand, Aus and even Japan...i go to at least one every year in Cowal, Argyllshire, near where i live. We regularly hold the world pipe band champoinships. Its a real spectacle, I love it.

zapper said:
Yes, husk very interesting...The tartan kilt has long been the most recognisable cultural tradition of the Highland Scots. I believe they were on the wrong end of the stick concerning "ethnic cleansing" at the hands of England. As LIM would put it, the highland scotts were "cannon fodder" for years while English troops roamed the Scottish Highlands killing all who opposed them. I suspect many of them came to the U.S. either as deportees or escapees...
Yes, this is very true. The English committed a lot of crimes against Scotland and many did flee the poverty and oppression to the New World. Look up 'The Highland Clearances' on google for the facts on this. Even today we are used as cannon fodder by the British Govt. (the Black Watch in the American triangle of death)

The ethnic cleansing was however carried out in the name of the americas and not under the saltire.

zapper said:

I also agree with your post concernig IQ...Must have something to do with the hog jowls or pigs feet that we consume... :rolleyes:

I would also admit that not everyone here uses that IQ to the most effecient level.
People in general astonish me in their self destructive nature,but I guess I should not judge what I do not fully understand.

MountainPro said:
before you carry on this futile path can i just point out that the plaid has been worn in Scotland 300 years before the birth of Queen Vic. She didnt 'come up with' the kilt as you put it. She has many, many connections with Scotland as she loved the country and its people but the kilt isnt one of her inventions.
Didn't say she "came up with it...However, there is much evidence that many of the more recognisable tartans seen today are in fact creations of Scottish and English tailors during the reign of Queen Victoria.

MountainPro said:
Yes, this is very true. The English committed a lot of crimes against Scotland and many did flee the poverty and oppression to the New World. Look up 'The Highland Clearances' on google for the facts on this. Even today we are used as cannon fodder by the British Govt. (the Black Watch in the American triangle of death)

The ethnic cleansing was however carried out in the name of the americas and not under the saltire.
Funny...you guys sing the same old song. If there is anything bad in the world...Blame it on America...Absolutely amazing :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hey look, I have to get on the road…over the hills and through the woods to grandmothers house I go. Anyway, I hope everyone has a terrific holiday even though if
Santa doesn’t bring you what you want, you’ll probably blame the U.S. for it…

Merry Christmas! Husk, Lim, Fred, Mountain Pro and young Ryan….I hope you and yours have a very happy holiday.

Cheers

Zap

zapper said:
Hey look, I have to get on the road…over the hills and through the woods to grandmothers house I go. Anyway, I hope everyone has a terrific holiday even though if
Santa doesn’t bring you what you want, you’ll probably blame the U.S. for it…

Merry Christmas! Husk, Lim, Fred, Mountain Pro and young Ryan….I hope you and yours have a very happy holiday.

Cheers

Zap
cheers buddy, have a good one...

and if i slip and break my leg on the ice, i'll know who to blame..:D

zapper said:
Funny...you guys sing the same old song. If there is anything bad in the world...Blame it on America...Absolutely amazing :confused: :confused: :confused:
What a feckin' good idea. Hey lissen up you southern boys, we'll come and shoot for youse agin those damn Yankees. We mus' fight for freedom haggis, freedom bacon ribs an' cabbage, an' freedom frogs legs. Youse lot goin' huntin'? Gralloch, an eat the hot liver.
Well have nice holiday, and may your God go with you. Drop a few of the beasties. Hang 'em well.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as we fine our blades up.

jhuskey said:
Just to interject a note I know of no one in my area that has married any close relations, even a cousin let alone a sister.
Statistically the average IQ is higher in the south per-capita than any other part of the US.
You can look it up if you like.
Stereotyping serves no one.

May your God go with you for this midwinter time. Now go and kill the old bears for the sake of conserving new fruitful stock. The old timers knew this, especially the indigenous Indians. Off you go now and stalk.

zapper said:
hold on....blame America?

The Black Watch were assigned to the triangle of death. I am not blaming anyone, i am stating categorically that this is due to the American occupation of Iraq.

the word 'blame' has an element of uncertainty...

British soldiers are dying in order to secure oil revenues for American SUVs...FACT.

FredC said:
May your God go with you for this midwinter time. Now go and kill the old bears for the sake of conserving new fruitful stock. The old timers knew this, especially the indigenous Indians. Off you go now and stalk.

Thanks Fred, and may the spirit of the season be within us all.

Canadians HATE Americans? All Canadians? All Americans? This sounds like the usual right-wing rants we hear over on this side of the border. Someone comes to a Canadian border-town for a weekend acts like a boor, gets treated like a boor, goes home and loudly proclaimes that ALL Canadians hate ALL Americans.

Invade us? And you wonder why you get treated like a boor? You should get over your fear of flying and talk to people from other parts of the world. The opinion you got from one drunk in one Canuck bar will pale in comparison.

"Respect is like a shovel buried in the sand, you'll need it to get it."
jhuskey said:
Thanks Fred, and may the spirit of the season be within us all.