ever been asked to race...

I used to race all the time when I was a kid, but never against a car. I remember trying to keep up to cars but not race against them.

Yep! As a kid, I used to do that thing a lot. It was so much fun. Damn! I didn't even take care of safety. That really scares me now.

Of course. We race all the time. My friends and me. It is usually on my initiative but not always. Races are long. Really long considering the fact we are amateurs. Say, over 60 km. You are free to rest or do whatever you want to. We usually start at my place and decide the checkpoint at some 30 km from my house. So the end of the race is, of course, at my place again. It is usually spiced up with a bet :)

Racing with a car driver? No. I have raced with many cyclists but never with a car. I would not like to race with a car driver.

As I'm sure most others will be the same, I've been asked to, and raced many time when I was younger, but I was never asked to race a car, and if I was then the answer would have been a no!

I'm not sure why anybody would either to be honest, unless it's something like a race across a busy city centre to see if the bike lanes make a difference or something?

Not since my youth, but I have ridden with people who would rather die than share the leader position.

I actually know a guy who fought with another man because he was about to pass him on a race, he somehow managed to make him fall off the bike and the trouble started there, the whole race got suspended and he also got suspended for some time.

Competitiveness can certainly get taken a bit to far in most sports but I've never actually witnessed a fist fight developing over a race place.

Having said that I'm usually that far down the field these days that where I'm finishing the place isn't worth fighting over anyway!

Actually no, but I've been asked to race, while on my bike stopped near my house by another bike. Of course i accepted, but the guy was super fast, I lost without a chance.

By a car driver? :O What?. I have been asked to race for other bikers a few times. Full bursting power put on pedals towards first place and end up falling for the rush, man what a messy victory xD.

I'd guess that most people have either been challenged or issued a challenge of a race before, as I think it's just human nature to add a bit of competiton and competitiveness.

Winning or losing I'm sure we've all done both but we've enjoyed the actual race aspect if it more, well...depending what the winner got that is!

I have been asked to race by many cyclists but never by a car driver. I also won many trophies for races. By the way, how can you race with a car driver?