Ever Been Involved In A Bike Accident?

Wow, you got lucky, but that seems a nasty one. On the other hand, a bicycle with a side car? How cool is that? :D

Years ago. Actually decades. This is something I don't recommend.

Back then, most car-bike accidents happened at intersections, as did mine. Well, two yobs sideswiped me with a trailer towed behind their pickup, but I stayed up and no damage was done. Experience has taught me recognize trouble in front of me and find ways of avoiding it.

Nowadays, with the advent of "mobile devices," most riders are getting hit from behind. Progress.

Yeah, not that progress helps much... Fortunately nothing too serious for me considering the miles I've already done I can consider myself very lucky.

Dora M said:
Luckily, I've never been involved in a serious road accident, be it on my bike or in some other vehicle. Knock on plastic, as I always say. But I've seen a couple of nasty incidents where bike riders got seriously hurt. In one case a small passenger bus came flying around a corner on a dangerous mountain road, literally sweeping the cyclist over the edge of the mountain range. Fortunately, he got stuck in a tree. Another time I saw a woman getting trapped and crashing onto railway lines while a train was approaching. She managed to drag herself away just in time, breaking her leg while saving herself from being run over.
Have you ever been badly injured on the road?
Just like you, I've seen some accidents myself, but I've never been unfortunate enough to be involved in one. And I've been around for many years :) In all my years of cycling however, I've had some close calls and I thank God that he speared me.

Although this has never happened to me, one of my close friends was actually hit by a car while riding. He was biking in the bike lane and a distracted driver (probably texting) hit him from behind. Luckily it wasn't a truck, but a smaller coupe. The back half of his bike was eaten alive by the car, and he ended up on top of the car. Broken ribs and leg. Took him almost a year until he got back to normal.

I have been hit by cars several times in my life but all of them were not so serious. Only one of accidents was serious and I was hospitalised.

Thank God that I've never been in an accident involving a bike. I know that my cousin once smashed by car when he was riding his bike, he broke his arm and was rushed to hospital.
You are so lucky. All the people that I know have experienced an accident at least one time in their lives. It's good to know that you have never been in an accident.

I've been a pretty paranoid and safe biker, so I have never once been in an accident. Sure, there may be a few bumps and bruises every now and again, but you would be able to use your common sense when on the road, to be as safe as possible. Lots of things can happen in the road, like cars running over red lights, people not paying attention, YOU not paying attention, etc; but as long as you make sure you are cautious enough, you would be able to ride your bike through anywhere while not being in danger.