Ever been to France to watch The Tour live? Advice needed.

I'm gonna be staying in Bourg St Marice so that we can catch the Grenoble- Chourchevel and the Chourchevel - Briancon stages, some big climbs in those so i am hoping to get a good look at the boys as opposed to a whoooshhh!!! like when we watched it a few years ago in Sarlat.

My parents are travelling down to France today in their camper, and we will fly to Nice next week to join them, anyone else staying around this area? It looks fantastic on the net, but bound to be heaving with Tour fans.

Grenoble and Chourchevel are amazing places and you will be bowled over by the views and the scenery...... Nice I hate.... its a tourist city and doesn’t quite have that French feel to it.... If you only speak English Nice will be fine as all restaurant cater for English speaking tourists and have English menus......

callko said:
I'm gonna be staying in Bourg St Marice so that we can catch the Grenoble- Chourchevel and the Chourchevel - Briancon stages, some big climbs in those so i am hoping to get a good look at the boys as opposed to a whoooshhh!!! like when we watched it a few years ago in Sarlat.

My parents are travelling down to France today in their camper, and we will fly to Nice next week to join them, anyone else staying around this area? It looks fantastic on the net, but bound to be heaving with Tour fans.

whiteboytrash said:
Grenoble and Chourchevel are amazing places and you will be bowled over by the views and the scenery...... Nice I hate.... its a tourist city and doesn’t quite have that French feel to it.... If you only speak English Nice will be fine as all restaurant cater for English speaking tourists and have English menus......
We are only flying to Nice as it was the most convenience airport from where we live in the UK, we will in the airport then out of there!!! we are going to the Verdon for a few days before heading towards the Tour, we'll do some cycling, rafting and walk the Verdon Gorge again, as it's really beautiful around here, been to France quite a bit so know which areas to try to avoid.

Can't wait to be shouting for my man Lance! Although i think he'll have a harder time of it this year, Ullrich looks good as always, but my support's for Lance. Thanx

I'll be in and around Limoux riding and seeing sites. Will see the Port de Pailheres climb on the way to Ax-3-Domaines, and probably the finish in Revel. Cant wait. Its kind of soon now.

graf zeppelin said:
I'll be in and around Limoux riding and seeing sites. Will see the Port de Pailheres climb on the way to Ax-3-Domaines, and probably the finish in Revel. Cant wait. Its kind of soon now.

I'll be at Villefranche-de-Lauragais to watch the tour go WHOOOSH on its way to Revel. Then will try to get to Albi the next morning to watch the start of the Albi-Mende stage.

Rode up the Montagne Noire along the rigole that supplies the Canale du Midi, at least as far as the Bassin-de-St. Ferréol, in May. Cool country around there and LOTS of wind!

Harvey the White Rabbit

Anyone know when they close the tour roads to people walking/riding up? How long before the caravan/comes through?

I'm hoping to get somewhere up the Ballon D'Alsace climb next Sunday, wondering what time I need to get there.

B