Ever buy music from iTunes?

JTE83

Jan 28, 2004
I just got an iPod Nano in November, and all the music I put on it has been burned through Microsoft Media Player from CDs at 256 kbps sampling. This sampling rate is good enough to sound great on a high end stereo system, as I have tested this connecting my iPod to my $8000 stereo system.

Well, I'm interested in buying music by download through iTunes. What format and bit sampling rate is the music they give you? Can you later burn a high quality CD from the music?

I really want to get - I Feel Love - by the Blue Man Group and Venus Hum.

It's awesome listening to my iPod when I work out. Now all my workouts are not boring anymore and I feel better doing more long distance workouts when I listen to awesome music.

Hey, sometime I sample music from iTunes but then it just want to download it instead. So does iTunes sometimes accidently makes you buy music when you're actually just sampling it?

Unfortunately, iTunes will let you listen to a 30-second sample of the song but if you want to download it you have to buy it. They don't offer a subscription-type service that allows downloads for a monthly fee. I don't know about "accidentally" buying music though - if you're concerned about doing this you can change a setting in the iTunes program for the store to shop using a "shopping cart" instead of the "one-click download" - that's how I do it so all of them go into a single transaction.

The music is in 'M4P' format, which is Apple's version of a DRM-protected WMA (Windows Media Audio) file. I think the bit rate is 192k.

I've bought music from them and burned it to CD's and the sound quality, from what I've seen, is very good - it's highly comparable to buying the CD directly in a store. I don't own an iPod though - I have a WMA-compatible MP3 player so most of the music I buy online I get from Napster.

". I think the bit rate is 192k."

Itunes music bitrate is 128K. If you right click the song and click "get info" it says there.

If you are not sure the music will be to your needs, try downloading the free Itunes download of the week located on the front shop page. You can experiment with that and then decide from there

webbhost said:
". I think the bit rate is 192k."

Itunes music bitrate is 128K. If you right click the song and click "get info" it says there.

If you are not sure the music will be to your needs, try downloading the free Itunes download of the week located on the front shop page. You can experiment with that and then decide from there
i use gomusic . ru

price is right and good quality

I am vehemently anti Itunes. I have purchased albums only to have half the album download when the connection was interupted. They say they have customer service for such incidents, but when I challeneged that I did not receive the whole album they never responded. I wrote again saying I would never use them again nor endorse their service...so here I am... There are many other services that you should look into.

Yep, 128 is the default. Like you most of my collection is at a much higher bit rate - I encode at 320 AAC and it sounds great on my system (I send it through airtunes through my Pioneer Elite Receiver and B&W speakers).

i just can't fathom paying for 128, but...go to itunes Store Home and over on the right side is a link to itunes Plus - 256 DRM free, but limited selection....

I just pirate music. I don't care to have any of my money go to music distribution companies to fund their war on digitial technologies. Plus they use the money to pay off radio stations via independent promoters to only play the music they want the public to hear, thus decreasing choice and distorting the free market. I don't need my dollars going to foist Britney Spears next piece of **** on the public.

It will be a good day when most music can be purchased directly from bands without all the parasites taking their cut.

I buy all of my music from e-music.

Also, I make my workout interesting by actually going somewhere. Instead of running on a treadmill looking at the wall, I'm on my bike exploring different neighborhoods.

Bro Deal said:
I just pirate music. I don't care to have any of my money go to music distribution companies to fund their war on digitial technologies. Plus they use the money to pay off radio stations via independent promoters to only play the music they want the public to hear, thus decreasing choice and distorting the free market. I don't need my dollars going to foist Britney Spears next piece of **** on the public.

It will be a good day when most music can be purchased directly from bands without all the parasites taking their cut.
ouch, sounds like someone has had a bad musical experience.

Regardless of what you all have endured with regard to lame music companies, these musicians still live off your proceeds. I know for a fact that they appreciate your attention and business. Please keep enjoying your life and spread the word. God speed lil doodles. And for all you cynics, **** off. No one needs a sore loser. If you aren't helping than you are hurtin'. Every life has a soundtrack.