Ever Have a Motorist Throw Something at You?

I have a friend who was hit by a can of peas in the back nearly knocking him over he got the plate number and the passenger was sent to a juvenille correction facility for a few months.

I'd say we are all armed to throw things back. My water bottle is usually loaded and ready for action. I'm sure it would get somebody's attention when it made contact. Just be prepared to back it up if you let'er fly.

Nothing has been thrown my way yet, but have had some High School age kids yell something that didn't make sense from the opposite side of a 4 lane road. If they had a clue, they would know I'm not paying attention to traffic over there and am focused on the road and the cars ahead and behind me. I'm sure my day is coming, but I'm not about to give up my right to be on the road. I drive a Ford F-250 Crew Cab 4x4. I'll find them and run over their car!! I'll claim to be the 1 out of 10 that drive a truck and is not a total idiot.

Food wrappers, plastic soda cups, etc. I just throw back a "one-finger salute" and a smile!

Just the other day I was riding down the right side of the road, when a driver coming from the opposite direction turned towards me to get into a store parking lot. I slammed on the brakes, and just barely missed smashing into the side of his beat up honda civic. i raised a hand in the air and mouthed "what were you thinking?"

bad move. he stopped the car, got out and began to chase me. after about 20 feet on foot, he realized there was no way in hell he was going to catch me. i thought it was over. i kept riding.

about a minute later he pulls up alongside my and begins to scream at me through the window. I continue riding, keeping a straight face. suddenly, he swerves towards me. I veer off the road (oh the beauty of a cross bike!) and cut into the parking lot of a store. I went behind the store and pretended to be adjusting something for a while until the coast was clear.

all that and i never got a license plate number :(

I just got into biking, so far no throwing incidents *knocks on wood*. I was thinking it would be funny if you could catch up to the culprits... you could pick up whatever they threw at you and bring it up to them and hand it to them, telling them they dropped something back there.

Bottles (full and empty), spit, soft drink with cup, brick (by pedestrians), and lately a firecracker. That was the worst, except maybe the brick. It sounded like a puncture in bunch. Seriously worrying as it was much louder.

No guns though..that would be the living end..

I've been pretty lucky and only had a full McDonalds thickshake chucked at me. A couple of years ago they were putting in a gas pipeline here and there were a bunch of us riding back home on the highway at about seven o'clock. Next thing we know one of the fellas has been hit on the side with a half full beer can that was thrown from one of the pipeline workers out of his ute, which was doing around 110 kph. He got a pretty decent shiner from that one.

rayner said:
I've been pretty lucky and only had a full McDonalds thickshake chucked at me. A couple of years ago they were putting in a gas pipeline here and there were a bunch of us riding back home on the highway at about seven o'clock. Next thing we know one of the fellas has been hit on the side with a half full beer can that was thrown from one of the pipeline workers out of his ute, which was doing around 110 kph. He got a pretty decent shiner from that one.
The one thing I do hate is from motorists is when I'm riding and some slapdash comes up in a car, winds down the window and screams at you.

Are they born idiots?