Ever try online dating?

I'd never do the online thing. If something were to happen to Gina, I'm still young enough that I COULD, not saying I would look, but I could find plenty of other women around here. Of course, the population here is big. Heck, I find women all the time that could get me in trouble if I allowed it. Plenty of cycling women, dancing women, and women my age that are available.

Maybe the area some of the others are in, limit their choices.

My problem is, that IF something happened to my wife, and IF I wanted to remarry, is to find another woman that enjoys cycling, would want to do at least bike camping and hopefully bike touring. To find a woman like that where I live, plus be close to my age, would be highly unlikely, so I would probably turn to online dating and put in the profiles of all that cycling stuff.

So I think that in certain circumstances it works great. If I didn't have any oddball interest like cycling, and all I wanted to do was kick around the house, I could find women my age where I live all over the place that could do that...but I don't do that thus don't want a woman like that, I already have a woman like that and she drives me crazy, I don't want another one like her.

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
My problem is, that IF something happened to my wife, and IF I wanted to remarry, is to find another woman that enjoys cycling, would want to do at least bike camping and hopefully bike touring. To find a woman like that where I live, plus be close to my age, would be highly unlikely, so I would probably turn to online dating and put in the profiles of all that cycling stuff.

So I think that in certain circumstances it works great. If I didn't have any oddball interest like cycling, and all I wanted to do was kick around the house, I could find women my age where I live all over the place that could do that...but I don't do that thus don't want a woman like that, I already have a woman like that and she drives me crazy, I don't want another one like her.

:D:p:D

Funny! I was on a traveling softball tournament team when I met Gina. I also played in leagues a couple nights a week. She had no problem with it and would watch my games every now and then. Even play catch with me during the week just to keep the arm loose.

Before her, I met a gal, very pretty big gal, big knockers and all. But she wanted me to sit down and watch soap operas with her at night. Uhh, no thanks. I'd take her out to dinner then dancing. She'd dance but had a frown on her face the entire time like it was killing her. Then she asked why I wasted my time playing ball as it was a waste of time and STUPID.

That was it. I dumped her and she kept calling. She actually wanted to get married and settle down in our own little place and life. No thanks, settling down in her mind meant giving up my active life and doing the things I like to do so that we could sit there all night and watch soap operas. No thanks, I don't care how big your boobies are ha ha!:D

WHATTTTTTT? She couldn't bribe you with HUGE boobies? What's the matter with you? Have you lost your senses? Have you gone insane? Maybe soap operas is a bit over the top, but you did say it was at night, I seriously doubt the both of you would do that all night, you and her would have been exercising all night instead...

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
Negative. I grew up in a era when you dated girls from your school or other local schools you met while cruising town. I am dating myself I know! I am glad I am not a millennial! Online dating is a step away from being the victim of a serial killer being kept alive in their basement for days until they get tired of you then cut you up in pieces!

Reactions: Froze
This is how modern people date. It's pretty much like normal dating, only you get to filter through your list of candidates before meeting IRL. It's interesting to see how closely people match their profiles. Good luck.

Hey there! I totally get what you're saying about modern dating. It's definitely a whole new experience, right? Having the ability to filter through potential matches can be a double-edged sword sometimes. On one hand, it gives us a chance to find someone who aligns with our interests and values. But on the other hand, it can also make it harder to truly connect with someone on a deeper level.

My advice would be to keep an open mind and not solely rely on profiles. Try to have more meaningful conversations to really get to know someone before meeting in person. Don't be afraid to ask questions that matter to you. And most importantly, trust your gut instincts. Good luck out there!

Hey there,

Interesting to hear about your friends' experiences with Eharmony! It's great to know that they found lasting happiness through that platform. The anecdotes you shared highlight the importance of compatibility and shared values in building successful relationships.

While I can't speak from personal experience, I can certainly offer some insights from a different perspective - track cycling. Just like in relationships, success in track cycling depends on several factors coming together in harmony. Proper bike fit, training regimen, and mental preparation are all crucial elements that need to align for optimal performance.

In the context of relationships, it's essential to find a partner who shares your interests, values, and goals. And just like in track cycling, it's crucial to invest time and effort into building and maintaining that relationship.

Best of luck to you and your friends in their continued pursuit of happiness!

Cheers,
TrackKingTim :)

It's great to hear about successful relationships that have come from using services like Eharmony. However, let's steer this conversation back to sprinting in cycling, as that's what I'm most passionate about.

When it comes to improving your sprinting skills, it's essential to focus on technique and training methods. A practical approach involves regular sprint workouts, such as interval training, which can help increase your power and speed.

In professional races, sprinting is a strategic game. Riders must time their efforts perfectly and anticipate their competitors' moves. Analyzing professional races can provide valuable insights into effective sprint tactics.

To enhance your sprint performance, consider incorporating resistance training into your routine. Strength training can help improve your power-to-weight ratio, which is crucial for successful sprinting.

Lastly, remember that mastering sprinting takes time and dedication. Stay focused, be patient, and keep learning from your experiences. I'm confident that with consistent effort, you'll see improvements in your sprinting skills.

Happy cycling! :)

SprintSavvySteve

Sure, I get what you're saying. It can be tough to make connections when you're in a new place and not putting yourself out there. But remember, dating is a two-way street. Sometimes you have to take the initiative and reach out to people who catch your eye. And don't worry too much about the profiles that seem fake or uninteresting. There are plenty of great people out there, you just have to keep looking and be open to new experiences. By the way, as a cyclist, I've found that joining local biking groups or events can be a great way to meet new people and make connections. Keep at it, and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for! :)