Ever wonder what a 7'6" dude rides?

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by hippy, Oct 13, 2004.

  1. hippy

    hippy Guest

    http://www.speedgoat.com/images/blog/ib04-ming-T.jpg

    "So you thought you had problems getting a bike to fit you?
    Try being 7'6"! This 29er Gunnar Ruffian was built for
    Houston Rockets basketball star Yao Ming. Having me
    standing behind the bike gives it something to scale it to,
    and as you can see, this thing was massive. I guess when
    you're 7'6" and you want a bike to ride your options are
    very limited, hats off to Gunnar for pulling this frame and
    fork off for the big man."

    hippy

    Tags:

  2. Resound

    Resound Guest

    > http://www.speedgoat.com/images/blog/ib04-ming-T.jpg
    >
    > "So you thought you had problems getting a bike to fit you?
    > Try being 7'6"! This 29er Gunnar Ruffian was built for
    > Houston Rockets basketball star Yao Ming. Having me
    > standing behind the bike gives it something to scale it to,
    > and as you can see, this thing was massive. I guess when
    > you're 7'6" and you want a bike to ride your options are
    > very limited, hats off to Gunnar for pulling this frame and
    > fork off for the big man."
    >
    > hippy

    His next trick will be getting shoes and pedals to go with it. Are those
    700C wheels? And do you know how wide they were? I can't help but doubt that
    he'd be using extra light wheels.

  3. ritcho

    ritcho New Member

    Joined:
    May 24, 2004
    I suppose penny-farthings would come into play?

    Ritch

  4. hippy

    hippy Guest

    "ritcho" <[email protected]
    > hippy Wrote:
    > > http://www.speedgoat.com/images/blog/ib04-ming-T.jpg

    > I suppose penny-farthings would come into play?

    Speaking of Penny Farthings.. did anyone see
    the MX paper the other day, with an article about
    a dude riding across Oz on a PF?!

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/essex/3736232.stm
    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=20041

    The next street-fix.. a PF.. imagine that rolling
    down the highway!

    "Oh, I didn't see you.."
    "Buuuullshhheeeeet!"

    hippy

  5. >>>>> "hippy" == hippy <[email protected]> writes:

    hippy> Having me standing behind the bike gives it something to
    hippy> scale it to, and as you can see, this thing was massive.

    And you are how tall Hippy? Just curious, that think looks like the
    saddle's up to your arm pit!
    --
    Cheers
    Euan

  6. hippy

    hippy Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]

    > hippy> Having me standing behind the bike gives it something to
    > hippy> scale it to, and as you can see, this thing was massive.
    >
    > And you are how tall Hippy? Just curious, that think looks like the
    > saddle's up to your arm pit!

    That's not me.. that paragraph was in quotes.
    Check out speedgoat's site for the original.

    hippy