Every bike ever made?

wheelist

Jul 7, 2005
Anyone know where I can find a list of every bike ever made by manufacturer?

There's a prize for the winner. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Wheelist

wheelist said:
Anyone know where I can find a list of every bike ever made by manufacturer?

There's a prize for the winner. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Wheelist
Hey, Wheelist, how're you doing? Haven't seen anything from you for a while. Oh, and in answer to your question - "No". I guess I don't get a prize.

EoinC said:
Hey, Wheelist, how're you doing? Haven't seen anything from you for a while. Oh, and in answer to your question - "No". I guess I don't get a prize.
Hi EoinC!

Been busy at work (changed jobs) and wandering through other parts of the insane world of t'Internet for a while. It's nice to be back.

I recently built my first frame, (see http://www.wheelism.co.uk/index.php?topic=HowIBuiltMyBike) so have been looking at the possibility of building more (and perhaps making some cash at it!) We'll see.

Have just bought my better half a new MTB too - 14 years together and I've only just managed to get her offroad! (That sounds like a double entendre - let me assure you that it isn't ;) )

How's tricks at your end? Getting out on the bike plenty?

Wheelist

wheelist said:
Hi EoinC!

Been busy at work (changed jobs) and wandering through other parts of the insane world of t'Internet for a while. It's nice to be back.

I recently built my first frame, (see http://www.wheelism.co.uk/index.php?topic=HowIBuiltMyBike) so have been looking at the possibility of building more (and perhaps making some cash at it!) We'll see.

Have just bought my better half a new MTB too - 14 years together and I've only just managed to get her offroad! (That sounds like a double entendre - let me assure you that it isn't ;) )

How's tricks at your end? Getting out on the bike plenty?

Wheelist
G'day, Wheelist. Excellent job, and well done on putting the blog together, too. You can be proud of what you achieved.
I started riding on a little fixie that my Grandfather brazed up back in the 1930's (the bike, not me) for my uncle to learn on. My nephew and neice have both learnt to ride on it, too. Not bad - a 70+ year old bike that still performs its duties (it had a refurbishment a few years ago).
I'm over in West Africa at the moment. I bought a unicycle when I was back down in Perth (Oz), but I had to pretend to my wife that it was for my daughter. Unfortunately, my daughter took that as meaning that it was for her, so I haven't gotten close to it - bugger.
I sent my fixie back down there from Malaysia, and I'll get it out when I head back down mid-December. Nice and warm in Oz now.
Why don't you start a list of bikes up on here, then everyone can contribute. Here's a start:
Christie Cycles - Gore, NZ. Hand-made bikes for the stars (dairy farmers, really). Met a sad demise in the Depression when a co-tennant burnt the building down for insurance.
Mitchell Cycles - New Plymouth, NZ. Built "Competition" and "Professional" model road frames. May still be running. I have one hanging in my workshop.
Saronni - Italy. Poor man's Colnago. Named after Bepe, Moser's arch-nemesis in the 80's.
Carry on...

Nice one Rek!

Shame it doesn't have pictures with it, but an excellent resource.

EoinC, sounds like you've been getting around plenty - do you always try to have a bike with you? Or does work make this impossible?

Nice going with the fixie. 70 years is pretty good - and there's little need for me to ask what it's made from is there? My best MTB (the Webster) is already 12 years old - I've just bought some Rockshox for it, but it seems a shame to take the rigids off - it'll kinda spoil the aesthetic, I reckon.

(Perhaps I'll nab the Cindercone now that SWMBO has a new Stumpy!)

I was querying for a list as I'm trying to remember what bikes I've ridden over the last 30 odd years - an almost impossible task given that I have the memory of an, erm, what are those big grey animals called?

I'm not even gonna try and compete with the list provided, though perhaps we could persuade them to allow picture uploads and point folk towards it?

Hwyl,

Steve

Pretty long list, but it doesn't include Alan, Motta, Pogliaghi, Colnago, Atala, Falcon, Frejus, Follis, Bertin, Mercier, Dawes, Jackson, Kitching, Roberts, Knight, Hetchins, Herse, Limongi, Whitcomb, Gios, Puch, Weigle, Oulette, Zinn, Eisentraut, Tanguy, and Zeus, to name a few. You get the idea.

Some builders produced for decades and are now gone, some built excellent bikes for only a few years and hung it up, some produced just a few bikes, and some are still at it. Listing everyone who ever built a bicycle is like finding every WWII Navy veteran who started a print shop.