Everybody should have one

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Huw Pritchard, May 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've bought a small electrical item that makes a buzzing sound, and it's made me extremely happy.

I am, of course, referring to an ultrasonic bath. My chain, cassette, an old rear mech and a
    teaspoon are now sparkling clean, with no tedious farting about with a toothbrush.

Yay!

--
    Huw "Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" Pritchard

Tags:

2. On Sat, 03 May 2003 19:24:15 +0100, Huw Pritchard did issue forth:

> I've bought a small electrical item that makes a buzzing sound, and it's made me extremely happy.
    >
    > I am, of course, referring to an ultrasonic bath. My chain, cassette, an old rear mech and a
    > teaspoon are now sparkling clean, with no tedious farting about with a toothbrush.
    >
    > Yay!

I wasn't going to do a blantant plug for the place where I got it, but I've had a couple of e-mails
    asking about it.

It cost me £50 from here:

http://www.megastream.co.uk/Ultrasonic%20Page.htm

--
    Huw Pritchard

3. Appkiller

Appkiller Guest

I'll bite - how much, and where to buy? As a fan of power tools of the woodworking variety, a power
    tool for my bike would be the cherry on the sundae.

App

"Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I've bought a small electrical item that makes a buzzing sound, and it's made me extremely happy.
    >
    > I am, of course, referring to an ultrasonic bath. My chain, cassette, an old rear mech and a
    > teaspoon are now sparkling clean, with no tedious farting about with a toothbrush.
    >
    > Yay!

4. Basso

Basso Guest

Check art supply stores and office supply stores that sell drafting equipment. I use one for
    cleaning the tips of my drafting pens. I never thought of using one for bike parts though...thanks
    for the tip!!

You might even find them from a jewelry supply shop - they can range anywhere from $100 - $300 for a
    small unit https://hermesgr.securesites.com/cleanosonic/secureshop.cgi?cart_id=&product=Branson_B20-
    0_Ultrasonic_Jewelry_Cleaner T

"Appkiller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'll bite - how much, and where to buy? As a fan of power tools of the woodworking variety, a
    > power tool for my bike would be the cherry on the sundae.
    >
    > App
    >
    > "Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > I've bought a small electrical item that makes a buzzing sound, and it's made me extremely
    > > happy.
    > >
    > > I am, of course, referring to an ultrasonic bath. My chain, cassette,
    an
    > > old rear mech and a teaspoon are now sparkling clean, with no tedious farting about with a
    > > toothbrush.
    > >
    > > Yay!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.