Everybody should have one

Huw Pritchard

Guest
I've bought a small electrical item that makes a buzzing sound, and it's made me extremely happy.

I am, of course, referring to an ultrasonic bath. My chain, cassette, an old rear mech and a
teaspoon are now sparkling clean, with no tedious farting about with a toothbrush.

Yay!

--
Huw "Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" Pritchard

On Sat, 03 May 2003 19:24:15 +0100, Huw Pritchard did issue forth:

> I've bought a small electrical item that makes a buzzing sound, and it's made me extremely happy.
>
> I am, of course, referring to an ultrasonic bath. My chain, cassette, an old rear mech and a
> teaspoon are now sparkling clean, with no tedious farting about with a toothbrush.
>
> Yay!

I wasn't going to do a blantant plug for the place where I got it, but I've had a couple of e-mails
asking about it.

It cost me £50 from here:

http://www.megastream.co.uk/Ultrasonic%20Page.htm

--
Huw Pritchard

I'll bite - how much, and where to buy? As a fan of power tools of the woodworking variety, a power
tool for my bike would be the cherry on the sundae.

App

"Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I've bought a small electrical item that makes a buzzing sound, and it's made me extremely happy.
>
> I am, of course, referring to an ultrasonic bath. My chain, cassette, an old rear mech and a
> teaspoon are now sparkling clean, with no tedious farting about with a toothbrush.
>
> Yay!

Check art supply stores and office supply stores that sell drafting equipment. I use one for
cleaning the tips of my drafting pens. I never thought of using one for bike parts though...thanks
for the tip!!

You might even find them from a jewelry supply shop - they can range anywhere from $100 - $300 for a
small unit https://hermesgr.securesites.com/cleanosonic/secureshop.cgi?cart_id=&product=Branson_B20-
0_Ultrasonic_Jewelry_Cleaner T

news:[email protected]...