Everyone is farked; Spanish Courts re-open Puerto - here we go again...

helmutRoole2 said:
Will Hamilton start the ToC? If race organizers stand by their invitation guidelines, which state something to the effect that any rider under investigation is not welcome, then no.
The court will investigate the role of Fuentes and the other doctors. The riders are NOT under investigation from the court of Madrd.

helmutRoole2 said:
You know, I've got to say, from a pure soap opera entertainment standpoint, you can't beat cycling.

2008 is going to be one for the books.

I'm glad Ball is what he is and is doing what he's doing. I love a good old fashioned public melt down. Plus, I'd like to see Botero, Sevilla and Hamilton ride in person... if they ever get the chance. It could get bad enough for them that even the local crits won't let them race.
Interestingly enough, the Rock Racing roster does not include Hamilton, Botero or Sevilla but it does have Leogrande.... well for now:

ToC Start List

cyclingheroes said:
The court will investigate the role of Fuentes and the other doctors. The riders are NOT under investigation from the court of Madrd.

just the same, ch, if some riders' names come out in court or through investigative reportage won't uci/wada/nat'l federations have to take action against them? obviously aso is already on record as wanting them to be excluded from the tdf.

earth_dweller said:
Interestingly enough, the Rock Racing roster does not include Hamilton, Botero or Sevilla but it does have Leogrande.... well for now:

ToC Start List
Interesting that Rock Racing only has 5 riders listed on that provisional start list, obviously a lot of last minute decision-making to take place - Cipo, ramifications of OP, ramifications of Leogrande's lawsuit ...

slovakguy said:
just the same, ch, if some riders' names come out in court or through investigative reportage won't uci/wada/nat'l federations have to take action against them? obviously aso is already on record as wanting them to be excluded from the tdf.
Who says there is going to be a court case. Serrano has been asked to open the investigation again. No more, no less.

I don't think Astana wasn't excluded because of doping. My opinion is that it has to do with the UCI - ASO power struggle. Because of last years Tour Astana was an easy victim to demonstrate: no we do not invite all Pro-Tour teams and we sell it to the public as a doping issue...

Good point. I always suspected that the Unibet situation was the same. Just part of the power struggle. And ASO won. Now they are administering the death blow.

earth_dweller said:

ToC Start List
Their roster isn't filled out yet.

But, wow. The sprint stages are going to be good. Check these guys out:

Juan Jose Haedo, Stuart O'Grady, Oscar Freire, Tom Boonen, Tyler Farrar, Alex Candelario, Fred Rodriguez, Ivan Dominguez.