EVMA Bike Day

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Chuck W, May 16, 2004.

  1. Chuck W

    Chuck W Guest

    Just wanted to drop a line to say great job to the people of
    Eastern Virginia Mountainbiking Association on their Bike
    Day today in Freedom Park. Lots of folks seemed to be out
    having a great time.

    I'm new to the Virginia Peninsula, and this was my first
    real ride since moving into my house. It was great to be
    back out on the trails, hunting down whipsnakes. Hell, I
    even joined the club at the end of the day.

    Sorry to the gent that dislocated his shoulder after a
    disagreement with the terrain- hope you heal up quick, man.

    -Chuck W

    Tags:

  2. Tcmedara

    Tcmedara Guest

    Chuck W <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Just wanted to drop a line to say great job to the people
    > of Eastern Virginia Mountainbiking Association on their
    > Bike Day today in Freedom Park. Lots of folks seemed to be
    > out having a great time.
    >
    > I'm new to the Virginia Peninsula, and this was my first
    > real ride since moving into my house. It was great to be
    > back out on the trails, hunting down whipsnakes. Hell, I
    > even joined the club at the end of the day.
    >
    > Sorry to the gent that dislocated his shoulder after
    > a disagreement with the terrain- hope you heal up
    > quick, man.
    >
    > -Chuck W

    It was fun. I didn't get out there until after 1:00pm, but
    it was still worth the effort to make it up there. I took
    the boy wonder with me just for grins. The ambulance arrived
    just as we were getting ready to leave the parking lot.
    Didn't do much for the boy wonder's state of mind. It was
    his first time on a bike trail that had any significant
    grade changes or bike handling challenges. He did some
    pushing and managed to hit the dirt a few times, but he did
    well. His riding skills visibily increased from beginning to
    end. My plan was to do a loop with him then do one on my own
    but the rain came and we bailed out.

    EVMA is a great organization. For those who are curious
    www.evma.org.

    Tom (proud EVMA member)