Ex-cyclist levels doping charges at Rasmussen

In my limited time as a cycling fan I have come to liken the international road cycling fraternity to that of a classroom full of young children bereft of a teacher. Some kids sit quietly, others swing on the rafters while a handful choose to shove playdoe up other kids noses for a larff...

johnnyspt said:
I know I read this a day or so ago. But, I think there's scope for entertainment. In view of his old friend's view that he was using 'frickin dog medicine ...' It would be great fun if the crowds were all to start barking at him as he rockets up those mountains. Just like a greyhound in fact.

(No doubt if the labrador had brough him off the bike the other day, he would have sniffed it's **** and then got back on the bike.)

He is one wierd loking individual, perhaps he is in actual fact morphing into a dog hybrid. That would finally put the peloton off drugs, if you could say, 'look Fabian if you ever touch this stuff, you could turn into Rasmussen, with the tail and everything.'

Risk of a ban, well it's just a risk isn't it? Risk of dying in your sleep if you get the doses screwed up, well stuff happens. Risk of waking up as skeletor with a bushy tail. **** no, I draw the line at that!

My question if this happend in 2002 why is it coming out now? Just because he is wearing yellow? I mean Rasmussen has won King of the Mountains and none of this came out then. In my opion if this is true the guy that with held this evidence should get in some sort of trouble and if this is all true he has ruined the sport just as much as Rasmussen by with holding it all. I think it is BS everyone that wears yellow for a period of time has this stuff written about them. If you enjoy watching cycling forget about all this **** the media throws out there and enjoy the racing.

Cprace1 said:
My question if this happend in 2002 why is it coming out now? Just because he is wearing yellow? I mean Rasmussen has won King of the Mountains and none of this came out then. In my opion if this is true the guy that with held this evidence should get in some sort of trouble and if this is all true he has ruined the sport just as much as Rasmussen by with holding it all. I think it is BS everyone that wears yellow for a period of time has this stuff written about them. If you enjoy watching cycling forget about all this **** the media throws out there and enjoy the racing.
good point. but even though this happened five years ago, its the principle that it most likely did happen. whats to keep rasmussen from cheating now? mr richards was in a difficult position, being rasmussens friend at the time of the incident. i probably would have done the same thing, and i dont agree with your opinion that mr richards should also be punished. it wasnt until he heard rasmussens "trust me" comment that he decided to go public--a "last straw" of sorts.

existence likened the international road cycling fraternity to a "classroom full of young children bereft a teacher". i agree. it also, in a few ways remiends me of the mob (with LA as the "don"). everytime i see that direct tv commercial where the mobsters are in the livingroom and the housewife is questioning them about the death of vinnie, and all they can i reply is "i do not recall". just like the man wearing yellow now replied to the allegations of 2002.

caged wisdom said:
good point. but even though this happened five years ago, its the principle that it most likely did happen. whats to keep rasmussen from cheating now? mr richards was in a difficult position, being rasmussens friend at the time of the incident. i probably would have done the same thing, and i dont agree with your opinion that mr richards should also be punished. it wasnt until he heard rasmussens "trust me" comment that he decided to go public--a "last straw" of sorts.

existence likened the international road cycling fraternity to a "classroom full of young children bereft a teacher". i agree. it also, in a few ways remiends me of the mob (with LA as the "don"). everytime i see that direct tv commercial where the mobsters are in the livingroom and the housewife is questioning them about the death of vinnie, and all they can i reply is "i do not recall". just like the man wearing yellow now replied to the allegations of 2002.
You are right he was in a tough situation and I guess you are right he should not be punished, my comment was basically saying he could have helped the sport by annoucing this earlier now if true yes Rass is deff to blame but why bring this out now? Why ruin the tour like it has been every year with this doping mess. Why not annouce it during the off season or even earlier in the season you can't say this Mr. Ritchards was not looking for a little fame here.