(ex) cyclists behaving badly

cfsmtb

New Member
Apr 11, 2003
4,963
Anyone seen the cover of the Herald Sun today? Just what is it about former high-profile cyclists and messy relationship breakups? Ok there's always two (or more) sides to any story, but kinda wish people would have more self-respect and keep their personal **** out of the media.

*sigh*

$3.5m estate!! coorrr... Quick, someone get me some fluro kit, wrap around sunnies, a bike with down tube shifters, and some 'gear'.. I'm off to make some monies in Europe!!

lama

cfsmtb wrote:
> Anyone seen the cover of the 'Herald Sun'
> (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,20918184-661,00.html)
> today? Just what is it about former high-profile cyclists and messy
> relationship breakups? Ok there's always two (or more) sides to any
> story, but kinda wish people would have more self-respect and keep
> their personal **** out of the media.
>
> *sigh*
>

> --
> cfsmtb

I'm just wondering how the Herald Sun (and I suppose all the other
newspapers with the same owner that will undoubtedly publish this story
to save on paying their writers to come up with local stories)
determined that such a story is newsworthy? Must be a slow news week.

gplama wrote:
> $3.5m estate!! coorrr... Quick, someone get me some fluro kit, wrap
> around sunnies, a bike with down tube shifters, and some 'gear'.. I'm
> off to make some monies in Europe!!

You may be interested to know (if you didn't already :) ) that Phil
Anderson was one of Shimano's test riders for STI shifters. So ditch
the downtubes and you -may- be a chance....

I was just staying at a holiday cottage somewhere between Apollo Bay and Lorne just last weekend....

No signs of Phil's hard rubbish unfortunately :(

Just seen a promo on channel 7 and this stories on Today tonight tomorrow
night.
Can't be too much news around. Maybe news reporters are getting bored with
the bushfires.

news:[email protected]...

JoeD said:
Just seen a promo on channel 7 and this stories on Today tonight tomorrow
night.
Can't be too much news around. Maybe news reporters are getting bored with
the bushfires.

"Bugbear" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> cfsmtb wrote:
>> Anyone seen the cover of the 'Herald Sun'
>> (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,20918184-661,00.html)
>> today? Just what is it about former high-profile cyclists and messy
>> relationship breakups? Ok there's always two (or more) sides to any
>> story, but kinda wish people would have more self-respect and keep
>> their personal **** out of the media.
>>
>> *sigh*
>>

>> --
>> cfsmtb

> I'm just wondering how the Herald Sun (and I suppose all the other
> newspapers with the same owner that will undoubtedly publish this story
> to save on paying their writers to come up with local stories)
> determined that such a story is newsworthy? Must be a slow news week.

gee, a relationship breakup is hard enough without a half-baked (or quarter-baked) version of the events appearing on the front page. People should be allowed dignity and privacy.

ProfTournesol wrote:
> gee, a relationship breakup is hard enough without a half-baked (or
> quarter-baked) version of the events appearing on the front page.
> People should be allowed dignity and privacy.

Clearly at least 1 of the 2 parties involved was keen on getting some
publicity.

BTH

"Bleve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> gplama wrote:
>> $3.5m estate!! coorrr... Quick, someone get me some fluro kit, wrap
>> around sunnies, a bike with down tube shifters, and some 'gear'.. I'm
>> off to make some monies in Europe!!

> You may be interested to know (if you didn't already :) ) that Phil
> Anderson was one of Shimano's test riders for STI shifters. So ditch
> the downtubes and you -may- be a chance....

Try to invent some psycho changers that'll change on command when you want
them to or programs itself into your psychic waves......I just wonder what
it'll do when i keep thinking I need an extra couple of gears...will it
deliver? maybe the next millineum moneymaker.

dj